Is anyone else shocked?

• At how shocked everyone appears to be?

This forum, slack, Twitter have all been full of well thought out and constructive conversations about how this will roughly play out.

Now all of a sudden the toys are out of them pram. I find it quite bizarre!

Seems to be a genuine (and maybe concerning) lack of knowledge on paper profit and how markets play out?

• I'm shocked the prices haven't fallen further at a faster rate to be honest, thought there would be a sharp drop, but its been quite steady.

• I'm only shocked where I've seen significant drops in IS price. Can only assume that's a bit of anchoring bias going on.

• Yea itโ€™s been no secret that buy prices have been unable to drop correctly due to the removal of the old IS and only having the buying half of a bidding system in place.

This is around 5 months worth of drops all in the space of an hour.

• How come i could of IS grealish last night for 4 but now can buy him at 3.85?

• @AndydfopT The buy price is determined by the lowest 300 offers.

• Not at all shocked. (Which I would say as I've said it all along and been bashed for it) Nothing has changed from last night in profit, only thing that changed is how it is recorded.

The players have always been worth this low, so the good news is it now looks like it should.

This is a positive move and I feel better about FI now than I have more months.

• Ighalo's true price! Down ยฃ139 because of him! I'll wait until the season pans out and he plays and scores, before getting rid.

48f1014b-d388-47f7-831b-77ef5a43f554-image.png

• @GH said in Is anyone else shocked?:

At how shocked everyone appears to be?

This forum, slack, Twitter have all been full of well thought out and constructive conversations about how this will roughly play out.

Now all of a sudden the toys are out of them pram. I find it quite bizarre!

I'm shocked at how well everyones taken it. Not seen anyone say they're up... many people are showing huge losses... but people seem pretty well spirited to say we've all just been mugged.

• Iโ€™m shocked at the amount of people on twitter wondering why their ports have dropped.
    You can tell just full of sheep who follow the big account pumps.

• It's worrying how many traders didn't know what was going to happen.

• @Dronny-Gaz I was saying this on another thread. There will be loads of casual traders and new traders who had no idea and I suspect a lot will walk away. You could argue that their ignorance is their fault, but still.

• I knew it was gonna happen, and i predicted a 10% drop in my port, which is where i'm at now, and I AM SHOCKED haha!

Seeing it unfold in front of your eyes isn't pleasant, whether you expected it or not.

Hopefully ive bottomed out now, but that might be being naive

Either way, its over now. and we have a proper market. Its fookin exciting ! Can't wait till PB matchdays now!!

• Not shocked by the drops, just like I will not be shocked by the rises... Today will not be indicative of an average day, it is 4 months of pent up sales being put to market... Once those sell orders are taken up there will be a bounce back in many players and I expect rises in most cases going forward. So not really worried about a bump in the road., On the 12 month price graphs today will read as a blip in 6 months time is my prediction

• @GH this is exactly what was always going to happen i cant understand why anyone is shocked. My portfolio has dropped right back to where it was 2 days ago.

• Quite crazy, I had some low bids in on Lukebakio as a German low priced fwd. His buy price dropped by 30p, and I could get him for 16-18p lower than IS price only two days ago.

Now it's bounced back up again to roughly where I had him valued anyway.

• Lots of people understood what was coming or took the time to read others posts and try to work things out in their head.

But don't underestimate the number of people who bundle their way through life reacting to things, rather than anticipating what might happen.

• Twitter - where's my cash and can i have an explanation of what's going on seem to be the order of the day...

I can only imagine these are the people paying full price for players...๐Ÿ˜

• @ScouseSte
    There'll bounce back and things will settle.
    FI 5th b'day should provide some injection.

• @Marksandygill said in Is anyone else shocked?:

Twitter - where's my cash and can i have an explanation of what's going on seem to be the order of the day...

I can only imagine these are the people paying full price for players...๐Ÿ˜

The ticker was full of em last night mate, buying 100 Depay (with no IS price at the time)!

There are a lot of people who dont understand FI, but it is complicated to get to grips with if you havent got much time.

These traders are like "fish" in poker though. We need them ;)