Don't panic

• If you've not been on FI for very long, and you're currently watching your portfolio go down faster than a Manchester United player in the penalty area and you're feeling panicked, then my advice is simple - do nothing.

If you trade whilst you're highly emotional, you'll likely make a poorly thought out decision that will cost you more in the long run.

If you've got some players that are seemingly tanking, then selling whilst they are dropping quickly is often the worst time to sell them.

I appreciate there are many knowledgeable people on here, so this is just an attempt at reassuring those silently losing their shit right now.

The new dividend structure is going live in 2 days, with enhanced IPDs and refer a friend schemes. FI is in a very good spot overall, so don't let the last hour cloud that.

• @Yellow I can't believe in times like these you're trying to de-pump Miralem Pjanic...

• @Yellow

Couldn’t have said it any better mate! Nicely sit back an relax

• You can't even get out if you sell order anyway... NO ONE is buying. The market is still in-liquid just at lower Portfolio Prices.

• @Yellow too late for that mate I've spent the last hour striding up and down the street like Basil Fawlty in the Germans episode with my under pants on my head, hands tucked into my arm pits and honking like a goose. Even that hasnt helped. I feel my only course of action now is to start speaking in tongues. If that doesnt help I'm fucked 😂

• @MickTurbo said in Don't panic:

@Yellow too late for that mate I've spent the last hour striding up and down the street like Basil Fawlty in the Germans episode with my under pants on my head, hands tucked into my arm pits and honking like a goose. Even that hasnt helped. I feel my only course of action now is to start speaking in tongues. If that doesnt help I'm fucked 😂

To be fair isn't that what you usually do at 4pm on most days?

• @Yellow said in Don't panic:

@MickTurbo said in Don't panic:

@Yellow too late for that mate I've spent the last hour striding up and down the street like Basil Fawlty in the Germans episode with my under pants on my head, hands tucked into my arm pits and honking like a goose. Even that hasnt helped. I feel my only course of action now is to start speaking in tongues. If that doesnt help I'm fucked 😂

To be fair isn't that what you usually do at 4pm on most days?

Yes mate but this time I wasnt doing it in an ironic way

• Good to see things haven't changed around here in the 9+ months I haven't been able to post on the forum.

People still panicing - check.

@MickTurbo still being a loon - check.

Man Utd players getting abused - check.

Ah Football Index. It's good to be back (though I never actually left)

• 7EC4D408-77AE-485B-83A0-07A5DC6348F9.jpeg

I would be one of the first to panic and start throwing toys about, especially after seeing such a heavy drop...but strangely, I’m feeling optimistic 🤔

Edit: I think I’ve read this quite wrong, this does look like a disaster..

• never one to panic but i don't feel like investing any further money until i recoup what i just lost. if everybody feels like me then surely the market stagnates.
    Somebody re explain why this was a good idea because clearly lots of people lost confidence in the product and my limited economic knowledge on markets says confidence means quite a lot

• @NewUser206936 I guess they're hoping that with the new dividends that people will still pump new money in but got to be honest..it might take some further incentives to get everyone to start throwing money in

• Harvey Barnes is taking an absolute smashing...,,

• @Sol ..Fair play for posting your tragedy, but this all temporary..Enjoy the experience as we will be speaking about this for years

As I'm typing this my portfolio is still in free fall 😜🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• @Sol I see you have quite a few of those whove really taken a kicking. I've got a couple myself. I've fared a little better than you up to this point, but your players are all div winners, and divs have recently doubled. So the prices of the players you hold are now beyond rock bottom. I think you're gonna have a huge year from this point

• Surely there’s still quite a few shares to delist on 1 October 2020 or before when people that haven’t already realised that they can’t keep them in the queue. That should push the market up a bit and also a 10% gain across the market to make up for that average kind of loss will soon push us back into positive territory. Felt shocked an hour ago but trying to look at the next few weeks and months to see things will surely be all good again.

• We’re less than 2 hours in, I’m happy to let those who have vocally want to get out get out.

Spreads are closing and none of my players (bar Pogba) are worth less than last year.

I took a screen shot of all my port 2 mins before go live and tomorrow I’ll check the current buy price against pre sell order IS price; I’m betting they’ll be very close so I will not have actually lost anything.

This time next year all the new users will be telling the current newbies story’s of this day just like @MickTurbo and to a lesser extend myself have about last October.

Onwards and upwards (after the current drops)

• @Karl @MickTurbo really appreciate the reassurances lads. Hoping this will get better in the next few weeks. Cheers again 🍻

• @Sol I'm about 12% for 24hrs mate, bloody messi has a lot to answer for! Similar to how I didnt see the rises the other day as true profit this isnt true loss, just reflecting the ME prices we've been picking up the past few weeks. Jota who I purchased pre ME is looking pretty shitty in my port, much preferred when I could just ignore the IS price!

• Just poured my-self a large whiskey, I cringe every time I refresh my portfolio 🤣🤣 Cheers

• @Wynnston got quite lucky with Messi my average buy price was 5.6 so he wasn't one of the ones I was concerned about - he's actually in profit now.

I had a shit load of Jimenez (early purchase when I signed up). He was a dead horse before the drop but now it's clear to see, I'm about 40-50p down on him! I need a big start to the season from him so I can flog him. When I bought him he had European football and a potential move to United/Juve.