Worst Buy Thread

• Im new to all of this but imagine its already been done, so sorry in advance.
    Im interested to know your worst buy.
    Im a very small trader (started with £100) and pre Covid brought a chunk of Grosicki just before the West Brom trf.

He is old but fancied him to get promoted with the Baggies, which he did but i really fancied him to score some interest during the Euros and maybe bag some divs. Euros cancelled and him not making the starting 11 of the Baggies has just ruined him for me. PRAYING for a blistering start for West Brom and some PBs for him so i can shift some!

What was your biggest mitake, and/or purchase when you first started?

• @DCaffTV pretty much every buy in my first week or so. Like you I started with 100 and slowly built it up but I wasn't using the ME when I first came on so bought a load of guys at full price who weren't even good shares (Ake, King, Zaha) - slowly turned it round, well until tonight haha. But yeah pick any one of them, I'll go with Ake, bought him just before City was announced, he then tanked shortly after and everyone was saying he wouldn't play.

He might actually make the team if Laporte is out for a game or two with COVID but I don't regret getting rid and cutting my losses.

• Nearly every player I have in my port except Messi

• @howsthebacon Haha yeah i know what you mean with the ME. I was clueless for ages.
    Many of my regrets were selling too early. Did this with Ashley Young and Morata. Both times just to free up funds.
    My port looks a lil battered at the moment but hopefully my 3x Euro dirt cheap starlets with sort it out domestically so i can get rid! :)

• John Fleck. I bought when I joined FI this year because he'd done well for me in Football Manager 2011...

• @Barry-Girtles said in Worst Buy Thread:

John Fleck. I bought when I joined FI this year because he'd done well for me in Football Manager 2011...

Haha luckily my CM days were 8798 and 0102 so maybe i should try and buy Heidenstrom and Jamie Victory! :)