Back from forum exile :)

• I've not been able to log in to the forum for between 9-12 months because of some weird glitch between the website and the Android app. I haven't checked on this ability for a month or so so god-alone-knows how long I've been able to log in for, all I know is I can log back in on Order Book day.

Just thought I'd say a quick "Hi" to all the newbies and see if some of the regulars from "back in the day" are still around?

I've seen @Yellow @Tom77 @Ericali @Dan-The-Man @MickTurbo and @Advinculas-Index posting already. Hope you're good lads?

Are the likes of @Misto @ScouseSte @Vespasian @Keegans-Bluff @Friedeggs @Ringers @johnboywalker @Dan-w @GregF @Le-Blanc @Ellisandro @Lukeroro @Hotspur (Basically most of the people who used to take part in the Ferret Leagues - I see most of their usernames are available to link, but doesn't mean they're active here of course)

I'm quite excited to see whom of you is still around and active, but sorry for the username spam.

Regardless of whether you're active or not, I hope you see this message and I hope you're all well and still enjoying FI-prosperity.

/Luke

• A few from your list I can help with:

@ScouseSte is about. Nice guy but you're better off if he's not about as chances are he's timed himself out and your portfolio is going to rocket as a result.

@misto came back for a couple of days. Reminded me of when The Rock came back to WWE. Unfortunately he hasn't been seen since.

@johnboywalker is very much about. He's the whiskey to my custard.

@Dan-w is about, I recall seeing pictures of his dog looking exceptionally handsome.

• Hi Luke

Vespasian faced an exile of a different kind, banished by the people and returned as Coriolanus. Things went a bit tribal - forum not what it was, but welcome back... hopefully now there is a new season a new div structure and OB there will be some more football talk.

• I can help with some as well

@yellow - is currently recovering after spending 3 weeks in hospital after falling down a Beanstalk
    (The nurse said he kept on muttering about Giants and Golden eggs)

@MickTurbo set up his own computer empire which did away with the need for keyboards and enables the user to write directly on the screen with a red ballpoint pen that crashed and burned and now works in a niche industry modelling in Hot Tubs

@Keegans-Bluff is hopefully going to be starting up a new league comp soon but he hasnt been on for a while

• @Advinculas-Index hahahaha fuckin legend. I need to stop doing ACTUAL laugh out louds at my cyber space friends else senorita Turbo seriously is gonna leave me

• @Yellow @Coriolanus @Advinculas-Index Thanks for the replies lads. Good to see you. Hope you're all well?

Thanks for the details, good to know there's a good few familiar faces around still. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the others. I imagine COVID has seen a few people leave to keep their finances in check though.

Sorry to hear of your troubles @Coriolanus - in your old guise as Vespasian I always found your advice pretty valuable and you certainly played your part in me making £££ here on FI, so thanks for that. I'm actually quite surprised to hear that you were "banished by the people". I remember the forum was a toxic place at times, but for the most part I REALLY enjoyed being a regular poster here 'cus most people were enjoyable to talk with and exchange player information with. I have no idea how recent any of this was, so apologies if me saying anything re-opens any old cans of worms, but this was disappointing to read in all honesty.

Nice to see nothing has changed with your sense of humour @Advinculas-Index - keep it up bud. I see you've morphed into a horse from a ferret. I bet that was a shock when you first looked in the mirror huh?

• I am also really happy to be back tonight somehow from months of having log in issues! One silver lining on tonight at least 👍🏻

• @LukeMalla aw man we were all cracking when we lost access to the forum for about 2 weeks that length of time would have been a killer for me. Anyway glad your back in and what a day to do so 👍

• Welcome back. What a day to return! Forum went downhill for a while, too much cat fighting, but hopefully we can all help each other figure out best strategies for OBs. It feels like we're starting over and it's gonna be a hell of a ride 😀

• @Advinculas-Index said in Back from forum exile :):

I can help with some as well

@yellow - is currently recovering after spending 3 weeks in hospital after falling down a Beanstalk

@MickTurbo set up his own computer empire which did away with the need for keyboards and enables the user to write directly on the screen with a red ballpoint pen that crashed and burned and now works in a niche industry modelling in Hot Tubs

@Keegans-Bluff is hopefully going to be starting up a new league comp soon but he hasnt been on for a while

Actually made me snigger, the bit about bean stalk 😂

• @LukeMalla I'm here! Thanks for the mention! Has it really been that long??😮

• Similar situation with me.

Suddenly became unable to login or reset password for some reason from around December to February and haven't been back since.

Wasn't a particularly prolific or well known poster but I think I'll be on here more now. Not least because I'm now banned from my club's forum! Much more productive spending time on here anyway....

• @LukeMalla

Back from the Great War? Welcome home soldier :)

Saladfinger.jpg

• @LukeMalla

Welcome back me old china! Good to see you back in the fold. Oh the fun you've missed, you just can't imagine. I'm still luxuriating in the warm glow of victory in the last Ferret league, although I don't like to talk about it of course.

What's new?

• @ScouseSte @Dan-w @Hotspur @Black-Wolf Hiya lads 👍🍻 good to see you're all here too.

I hope you're right about a fresh start @Hotspur, quite concerning that you're the third person already to mention the forum going downhill. What a shame. But hey, hopefully that's all in the past now and with a bit of stability on the Index we can get back towards former glories.

Yes @Dan-w I checked my profile last night (once I remembered how to) and my final posts before exile were towards the end of Oct '19.

• @Advinculas-Index said in Back from forum exile :):

I can help with some as well

Yes.....where is The Bluff? @Keegans-Bluff

• @Le-Blanc Oh, it's still warm huh? I'd have thought that would be stone cold by now. 😂

Nothing much to report bud, been keeping my head down and hiding in-doors like the rest of us I suppose 🤦‍♂️ I'm bloody excited for the return of the Premier League this weekend, I can tell you that much

• @LukeMalla the forum needs a swear jar, the word C#nt is trending in a few threads.

• @Tom77 🤦‍♂️ Oh dear.

I'm fine with a swear jar being introduced, just so long as we all agree beforehand which player we buy shares in with the swear jar money 😂