Stupid question maybe?

• Could someone help me. This may be a stupid question but now there is no IS etc. How does value actually change now. If you can only sell to market and buy to market the shares are never going to change other than prices because of offers. So I understand if players are listed the value drops but how will the actual value realistically change if you can only sell if someone's willing to buy this putting the shares back in? I appreciate I may be having a head blank as I may be missing something obvious. Please explain?

• @AndyA1892 there is IS, it's the same as it was before

• @Marksandygill sorry I mean IS to football index which then rids of them shares in the market. I'm under the assumption IS now and has been for little while is selling to someone else at low offer prices

• @AndyA1892 well...you know what, I don't know! :)

I think...

Marquinos has an IS (to someone else) of £1.81 or you can buy from FI at £1.88, say he scores a goal and people rush to buy him, once the shares for sale below £1.88 are gone and people start buying at £1.88, his value goes up as more shares are 'minted' or people sell at a higher price, then his prices goes up?

Regards going down in price, if people want to get rid and no one is buying then they lower the price they are willing to sell at, which I think in turn lowers the price from FI as it follows it down?

Like I said, I think that's how it works, but as buyers and sellers can't see what price shares are being offered at, at the moment, it makes it difficult!

• Not sure if anyone has mentioned this already in the multiple threads about what happened last night but I keep reading how the new prices mean we have an actual portfolio value rather than a virtual one.

However, as far as i can see my players are still valued on the basis of the buy price, rather than the sell price so in reality my portfolio is still currently worth far less due to then fact its only worth what I can sell it for.

Am I thinking right here or am I missing something?

I'm not worried or scared or pissed off like many others appear to be, would just like to know what I would actually get if I sold all my portfolio right now and to me that should be the sell price surely?

• @Stevo you can now change it to show the mid price between the spreads on your players if you go into account settings

• @Black-Wolf as I mentioned in another post my mid price is better than my buy price?!

• @Marksandygill weird. Not sure thats possible

• @Black-Wolf ok thanks, that's helpful although still not a totally true reflection of the pruce I would get. I know if the sell price was my portfolio value my portfolio would probably dip miles further but I'd rather know world case scenario.

• @Marksandygill mine isnt but they are quite close to one another now

• Just set it to mid price and it dropped another 3 grand 🤣🤣

• @Stevo said in Stupid question maybe?:

Just set it to mid price and it dropped another 3 grand 🤣🤣

I tried it last night & switched it back rather swiftly 🤣

I'm not ready for that shit yet 🙈

Helmet on & buy up what you can while they're low 👍

It's the shit the beds that are keeping the prices low so you have to presume they need there money out sharpish so keep undercutting one another.

Once they are out of the equation we can start making strides forward

• @Black-Wolf my last 24hr profit/loss;

Buy price is -£237.88
    Mid price is -£230.75

Tell me I'm not getting confused because it's a minus number?! could it be down to how it is calculated and it hasn't been 24 hours since things changed?!

Okay so all time Buy price is much better than mid price...

• @Ericali yeah exactly. Like I mentioned last night my portfolio was far lower when covis first hit so cant complain too much.

Confident things will start improving before too long.

• @Stevo

You can sell player for the buy price (or close to it) by creating a ‘sell bid’.

This is dependent on someone else pressing buy now at the price you’ve selected and will likely take longer than instant selling, but you should achieve a better price.

Using buy bids and sell bids is going to be the most profitable way to trade from now onwards, but will require more patience than using buy now or instant sell.

@Ericali yeah exactly. Like I mentioned last night my portfolio was far lower when covis first hit so cant complain too much.

Confident things will start improving before too long.

Exactly. I’m still 30% up from covid. That’s after losing 13% of fake profit (and bits of real!) yesterday.
    Got done over as expected on Bruno, pogba, Rashford, Messi and few others.
    However I’ve seen a lot of opportunity and positives. Firstly the spreads are tight and more importantly a large proportion of the prices are so damn tempting if you take into account the new dividend scheme.
    I’d be rubbing my hands if I joined today and had knowledge of dividend yields.

Problem for some of us traders is that FI has been a guaranteed bankroll for a long time, therefore, most have overstretched resulting in minimal disposable money to take advantage of what’s currently happening.
    There is so much opportunity and if I had the balls I would completely double down on my investment, however, I’m heavily invested as it is and topped up when ME was launched and just before the first ‘cautious’ dividend increase. 😣

• @ocs123 thanks mate, yeah I know you can set the price you want to sell but like I say based on the fact my portfllio has just dropped 12 grand overnight is'd rather just know the worst case scenario position.ie the lowest price I would get if I tried to instant sell my portfolio right now. That for me is total transparency and the true value of my postfolio.

Its no good me setting my sell price for my griezmanns 20p higher than the lowest because nobody right now is going to pay it. Like I say not meaning to have a moan I just think it would be the best way to do it because everyone still has a false value of their portfolio right now.

• @King-Fergus Whats your thoughts on this friend referral thing right now? Great idea to tempt new users but I dont have 20 friends 😆 and certainly not 20 I feel confidently asking to put their hard earned cash into something.

@King-Fergus Whats your thoughts on this friend referral thing right now? Great idea to tempt new users but I dont have 20 friends 😆 and certainly not 20 I feel confidently asking to put their hard earned cash into something.
    And they ask too many questions and don’t use the forum when you tell them!

• I still don't understand how people say the prices were unrealistic. My understanding was that 900 bought shares got a 1 p increase on value. So for instance Pogba was valued at nearly 8 pound. How if you can only buy and sell between traders now and no IS to Football index direct can his value go down. It goes down with shares being listed but for them to sell, someone has to buy so technically if all sold in the queue then value should be back at original value. This is what is confusing me and im sorry if im being thick here but there values were built up with months of people investing surely they cant just write that value off and where does it go?