Disgrace

• If you had a 5,000 balance in a betting account and the bookie reduced that to 1,000 would you accept it?

• @NewUser332703 no but if it's in my balance on a bookie account, I haven't placed that bet, so they would be breaking the law by doing so.

In buying players I have placed my bet, and the bookies do regularly change my cash out value on in- play bets, to a point where sometimes they block the ability to cashout.

• It's getting increasingly difficult to remain civil in response to these bullshit claims.

If you genuinely believe the above and have a decent amount invested in FI i suggest you either seek an exit ASAP or do some research sooner rather than later.

• @NewUser332703 You haven’t lost anything. A fictitious sell price has been replaced with a real sell price, the value you now see for your port is the real value currently. I’d rather see the real value myself than a misleading number.

• @NewUser332703 so are you saying that you had a cash balance of £5000 in you account and it is now £1000? I find that very hard to believe...

• My port is down nearly 17% in the last 24 hours and approximately 10% in the last 7 days. Ordinarily I would be raging about this.

However, I'm actually very optimistic.

As of tomorrow, IPD and PB dividends will increase by 100% and MB dividends by 67%. This alone would warrant higher player values than we saw a week ago. However, combined with yesterday's dramatic fall in player prices (due to the introduction of Order Books), this now means that players are very undervalued and there is huge growth potential over the next 12 months.

For example, Kane and Messi (other options are available) will deliver circa 5% of their price everytime they win PB & Star Man on a Gold Match Day! That's even before you consider MB, IPD and TotM dividends!

If you buy almost any player who wins regular dividends and hold for 12+ months, then you can't really go wrong.

• @NewUser332703 if you feel they have they have done something unlawful in civil law, phone Slater and Gordon and see if they’ll start a class action....

• @ocs123 Kane is a great price atm! Loving topping him up.

• You know when you just can't be arsed to type the same reply for the 20th time to explain something someone should know before investing their money in a product...

• @howsthebacon Just a shame he wont play in the Europa. He would score a shedload on the 1.25x multiplier etc.

That coupled with his injry record means he remains a hold of mine, but in moderation.

• @GH true, lets not forget the Euros at the end of the season though :) still think he represents good value currently, maybe Messi more so at the price he has dropped to.

• @NewUser332703

Look mate I think your over reacting... your port will be up very soon, I’ve lost 14% since yesterday but I’m not worried because I know how the index works, please have faith in FI. Smile 😊

• @Sav2000 said in Disgrace:

@NewUser332703 if you feel they have they have done something unlawful in civil law, phone Slater and Gordon and see if they’ll start a class action....

Don't call Slater & Gordon....

A bunch of fckn idiots - I know that first hand!

• @Luke said in Disgrace:

@NewUser332703 You haven’t lost anything. A fictitious sell price has been replaced with a real sell price, the value you now see for your port is the real value currently. I’d rather see the real value myself than a misleading number.

No Luke, sorry, much as I think this thread is MENTAL and of course things are going to bounce back and there is no need to be down or worried, this is for you mate...

https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/18785/now-the-dust-has-settled-what-happens-next/10

• @ScouseSte I’m not sure what you’re saying “no” to? We’re in a period of expected volatility following a major change. The players are finding their values at the minute and current port value is a realistic estimate of value right now. My port dropped massively yesterday and is now starting to recover slowly, plus I’ve been trading within the spreads to recoup some losses and picking up players on the cheap. I’m feeling rather positive about everything at the moment.

@ScouseSte I’m not sure what you’re saying “no” to? We’re in a period of expected volatility following a major change. The players are finding their values at the minute and current port value is a realistic estimate of value right now. My port dropped massively yesterday and is now starting to recover slowly, plus I’ve been trading within the spreads to recoup some losses and picking up players on the cheap. I’m feeling rather positive about everything at the moment.

It IS positive mate, well, it WILL be!
    But read the comment in the link i sent you. I'm not havin this "it wasn't profit" bollocks, it absolutely was, and it was profit that hours of research and dedication had led to. The fact it wasnt cashed out is irrelevant. The fact it has now disappeared is! It didn't go because the research and studying we did was bad and player was shit - it declined because the rules of the game we bet on changed!

The future is exciting and very bright, but dont just trot out that overused line that every trader on Twitter seems to be repeating, in a show of pointless bravado ;)

• @ScouseSte in your post there were two points, one I agree with and one I don’t. The first was that we’ve all suffered losses and new traders are at an advantage, this is the gamblers sunk cost fallacy. You’ve only really lost on your short term holds, I expect all players to find their value against the new div structure soon; your second point was that this is a reset and we’re all starting again, I agree with this view point and we’re all wiser and better traders than when we started out... so £££ to be had!
    I think the fact that from my port I’ve seen better IS prices on some of the holds I want out on, I’ve sold up and got in cheap where I’ve seen value, and I’m prepared to sit it out with the rest, means I’m feeling quite good. My near 10% loss showing on my port has now receded to 8% this morning and my overall cash situation has improved nicely.

Don’t panic and seize the opportunities while they’re about matey!

• @ocs123 this is spot on and the points you made are what all the people who are bad mouthing and panicking, need to consider.

• @howsthebacon and the World Cup 😉

@ScouseSte in your post there were two points, one I agree with and one I don’t. The first was that we’ve all suffered losses and new traders are at an advantage, this is the gamblers sunk cost fallacy. You’ve only really lost on your short term holds, I expect all players to find their value against the new div structure soon; your second point was that this is a reset and we’re all starting again, I agree with this view point and we’re all wiser and better traders than when we started out... so £££ to be had!
    I think the fact that from my port I’ve seen better IS prices on some of the holds I want out on, I’ve sold up and got in cheap where I’ve seen value, and I’m prepared to sit it out with the rest, means I’m feeling quite good. My near 10% loss showing on my port has now receded to 8% this morning and my overall cash situation has improved nicely.

Don’t panic and seize the opportunities while they’re about matey!

Again i agree, we will see a much better index going forward mate

But it doesnt detract from the fact I spent weeks watching Leeds when they were in the lower playoff places, studying who to buy and taking a gamble that they might get promotion to a PB league (which would see their value rise)

Eventually i plumped for Jack Harrison, maybe a little later than i should but I am a cautious investor. I got on at £1.15. The perfect scenario then played out over the next few weeks/months and Leeds won promotion. His price hit £1.53.
    So, thats what he was worth as a premier league player, UNDER THE EXISTING SYSTEM AT THE TIME

Now look! He's back to the exact price he was when I bought him as a non-pb player with only an outside chance of promotion! (£1.15 last time i looked)
    I wasted hours researching this player! Profit wiped out by a system change, NOT player circumstances

So i take offence at "youve lost nothing" shouts. I have. Respect the dedication traders have put in to identifying good purchases, only for it to be redundant in many cases now. That's all mate.
    But we move on.