Have you Created any Sell Orders? (non judgemental)

• Genuinely interested to hear about why some have created sell orders. Non judgemental and at the end of the day, our portfolios are our own to do what we like with.

Just a question to gauge logic and sentiment amongst traders.

Couple of questions below.

1. I have genuinely wanted to leave for some time now and this is a good way for me to set a price I'm comfortable with
    2. I didn't plan to sell but the drops have caused me to list players out of fear of further drops
    3. Just experimenting a little with the new system
    4. It's a strategic decision for me and I'm looking to cash in on spikes
    5. There's better value in players elsewhere in the market

Bring back polls!

• Just P Herrmann at 1p below his buy price, just to see how things work.
    I expect to sell him....... possibly if he scores a hat trick 😂

• I have created 6 sell orders that I would categorise as 3 different type of sell orders.

Matchday trading : Listed 200 Cornet (of 1200) and 300 Willian (of 1,030) at +10p. These shares are non IPD eligible and I would be happy with these returns if they fly off the back of a goal. Would miss out on the possibility of PB but that is the risk I am happy to take. Would consider trying to buy back again in a day or two or spend cash elsewhere.

IPD flipping: Bought 30 Willian this morning (only had £41 cash) and listed immediately at +3p (to cover commission). Matched in 4 hours. Now repeated again.

Bad holds: The 3 players in my portfolio that I don't want but the IS price is a joke (Cesc, Ben Arfa and James Forrest). Listed at +10p. Don't have to watch every game waiting for a goal, if they go they go. Very unlikely but so be it, they were just sitting in my portfolio doing nothing anyway. I can always IS later.

My circumstances have changed recently as I am buying a house, my money is staying in but I am not depositing more. The cash I have here has to work harder and smarter. Also I work nights and take the dog on long walks, placing sell orders lets me sell when I miss goals due to being asleep etc.

• Number 4 applies to me. I've created a few sell orders at the highest point of the offer range on some of my cheaper players on whom a 10p spike is quite significant and one which I'd be happy to accept. If they gradually reach that price in a sustainable way, it may be that I cancel, but should they spike at some point in an irrational way, my trap is set

• I was experimenting with the system and had an absolute mare. I was watching the Lens game so I was quick on the Gnanago goal. First I hit buy and it gives me the two options and that threw me straight away losing me about 20 seconds. By the time I worked out what I was doing I got 25 shares at 59p (he was about 53p or something when I was trying to buy). Then I thought I'd try and pick up some more in the sell off. Instead of clicking instant sell I clicked the other box and selected 53p. A few seconds later I'd sold 20 of my 25 shares for 53p having just paid 59p for them moments earlier. Lost 6p a share and the 5p IPDs because I clicked the wrong fucking box 😂

• @Metropolis To actually answer your question I am a mix of 3 and 4.

• It’s such a shame that we can only offer 10p above the current price. If there was no limit it would be brilliant.

• I've created loads and have sold £5,532 worth of players under the new system. I've used it to purchase new players (often the same player at a lower price, with the added bonus of refreshing their IPD). So far I've purchased £4,390 of players under the new system.

• @Baydog I was just curious about Pogba's IS price last night and whilst having a look somehow sold one share. Had to buy the bastard back!!

Took me at least 10 minutes this morning trying to get my head around the 4 different prices available on Willian. Average IS, Max IS, minimum buy price and average buy price. All slightly different and threw me completely.

Lessons learned and all that bollocks!!

• @Martyn-B said in Have you Created any Sell Orders? (non judgemental):

@Baydog I was just curious about Pogba's IS price last night and whilst having a look somehow sold one share. Had to buy the bastard back!!

Took me at least 10 minutes this morning trying to get my head around the 4 different prices available on Willian. Average IS, Max IS, average buy price and max buy price. All slightly different and threw me completely.

Lessons learned and all that bollocks!!

What price does it show if you don't have any ticked?

• @Millerman Not sure exactly what you mean. I hold Willian and the options I have are:-

Average IS - £1.31
    Max IS - £1.33 (1 share only)
    Minimum buy - Also £1.38
    Average buy - £1.38

This morning average buy was £1.36 but I got 30 at £1.34. Average IS was £1.29 and max was £1.32.

• @Martyn-B

I meant is that what showed each time you clicked the buttons in that pref section or do you mean you had to work out which price was which from looking at the player prices when clicking on buy or sell.

Seems like there needs to be a FI 'NEW' Trading Platform for dummies....

Amazing how the 'bet' is buy or sell to make money...and thats what FI tell us to explain in as they don't want their hands slapped has changed so much

Yet now we have 4 diff types of price, 4 diff types of trade (sorry) bet......

Im fecking lost, still and I'm quite an intelligent bloke....well I was. I fell like I have gone back to trying to put a jonny on for the first time - I know its simple, you just put it on right!!!!????

We have all been there lads haven't we? Trying to pull it on, getting the fecking air out, being scared it might come off inside......THAT MY FRIENDS IS ME WITH THIS ORDER BOOK.....How the feck do I use my jonny????

• @Millerman said in Have you Created any Sell Orders? (non judgemental):

@Martyn-B

I meant is that what showed each time you clicked the buttons in that pref section or do you mean you had to work out which price was which from looking at the player prices when clicking on buy or sell.

Seems like there needs to be a FI 'NEW' Trading Platform for dummies....

Amazing how a 'bet' is buy or sell to make money...and thats what FI tell us to explain in as they don't want their hands slapped.

Yet now we have 4 diff types of price, 4 diff types of trade (sorry) bet......

Im fecking lost, still and I'm quite an intelligent bloke....well I was. I fell like I have gone back to trying to put a jonny on for the first time - I know its simple, you just put it on right!!!!????

We have all been there lads haven't we? Trying to pull it on, getting the fecking air out, being scared it might come off inside......THAT MY FRIENDS IS ME WITH THIS ORDER BOOK.....How the feck do I use my jonny????

I'm lost also as I'm not sure what these things do under your preferences. What ticks do what, what do they change and what are there purpose?

• @Millerman As far as I can tell the average buy and sell prices are always visible. Then to see the minimum price you can buy at you have to click "buy" followed by "buy now" followed by then backing out of that page. To see maximum IS same as last few months, click sell and then increase number of shares to see market depth at maximum IS.

Then remember these 4 values, plus the number of shares available at maximum price, without pressing the wrong button. Simples...

• I had 13 Carel Eiting from when I was experimenting when ME came in. I bought at 80p and his buy price has dropped a few pence to 94p (from 98p yesterday).

Someone actually had a sell order in for 76p so I bought a couple to round up to 15 (OCD!!) to bring my average down to 79p. I then put a sell order in 10p above the buy price as I'm happy to sell them if he rises and the buy price jumped to 96p. So there can't have been 300 sell orders and I've increased the price 2p by putting a sell order in for 15 shares 10p above the buy price!

• So it looks from this like there is quite of lot of offers going in to take advantage of spikes in prices, rather than outright leaving, which can only be a good thing.

I wonder about the 10p limit also, as we should probably be able to add sell offers at much higher than this for the distant future. ie. if a player reaches x price by the middle of the season, then list them for sale.

• Like a few others any lower end players I’ve listed at the max profit I can (10p), if they rocket they sell and I’m happy with the profit. If they slowly rise I’ll cancel and reset moving the profit up a few pennies at a time.

• @Metropolis

One of the players I listed at +10p then dropped a penny in price but my offer remained in place. Wasn't sure it would.

A +10p limit across the market doesn't seem particularly fair, a percentage of buy price would be fairer. +10p on a 20p player is 50% whereas +10p on a £10 player is 1%. Understand why they did it though, don't want everyone to list Max offers and stop trading for a year.

• @Metropolis said in Have you Created any Sell Orders? (non judgemental):

Genuinely interested to hear about why some have created sell orders. Non judgemental and at the end of the day, our portfolios are our own to do what we like with.

Just a question to gauge logic and sentiment amongst traders.

Couple of questions below.

1. I have genuinely wanted to leave for some time now and this is a good way for me to set a price I'm comfortable with
    2. I didn't plan to sell but the drops have caused me to list players out of fear of further drops
    3. Just experimenting a little with the new system
    4. It's a strategic decision for me and I'm looking to cash in on spikes
    5. There's better value in players elsewhere in the market

Bring back polls!

The first thing I did when the platform reopened was list every player that I thought would drop at 10p higher than their price.

The logic being that if I was wrong and they sold, happy days... If I was right and they dropped, my offer would be higher than I'd be able to set once they had dropped.

So for example, I have Varane listed at 96p, even though he's dropped down to 72p.

• Plain and simple, im taking advantage where I can to maybe get out of the few holds I dont like trying to find better spreads, the exact sell price dosnt quite let me break even or make a profit and I have a thing about only selling in profit. Ill let shares burn just about before I sell at a loss, nothing to do with money.
    Its like an ego thing lol, that and everytime I sell at a loss they bounce back after and It drives me mad.