Price Volatility Query

• So, after seeing VVD initially jump up to £2.80 after his goal and then drop back down, was this due to people unlisting sell queues? It was an insane rise and bigger than what we saw from others today, that’s why I ask. If this is the case, Oct 1st could see some huge spikes.

• @chaps1988 I think it’s just people getting used to it all and many with cash balances falling Black Thursday.

IPD promo doesn’t help (clearly does if you hold them).

I don’t see it being this volatile going forward things will settle, but that will take time.

I’m not even going to worry about port value hourly or daily for the next few months.

• @chaps1988 Oct 1st I think will see dips on players that get massive spikes because of multiple IPDs, and the top PB players who are maybe suffering now, will then bounce back. VVD goal today is worth more than star man, and u can buy the IPD until midnight, hence great opportunity but also great volatility. PB is coming a distant 2nd at present because IPDs are a bigger prize and can be bought after the fact. Once the 5 × IPD promo is over, things will be more recognizable. It's an excellent promo but it breeds huge volatility

• @chaps1988 said in Price Volatility Query:

So, after seeing VVD initially jump up to £2.80 after his goal and then drop back down, was this due to people unlisting sell queues? It was an insane rise and bigger than what we saw from others today, that’s why I ask. If this is the case, Oct 1st could see some huge spikes.

It wont be due to unlisting, this will have no effect on a players price any longer unless there are no traders sell orders in place. The rise would have been sell orders being met or withdrawn pushing the average of the 300 lowest higher

• Unfortunately this extreme volatility is going to be the new norm with the 300 lowest offers being used to determine a players price as it takes very little for a price to seriously jump up or down. It’s early days but I personally think they’ll need to change that algorithm, either in terms of the number of offers or where that price point average is taken from.

• @Erased-Citizen they dont need to change it, they just need to let us see market depth

• @Ddr said in Price Volatility Query:

@Erased-Citizen they dont need to change it, they just need to let us see market depth

That would help as you could then gauge the real value of your player by looking at each one individually. However, it still should be changed in my opinion as it yet again means your portfolio value is a load of nonsense. We’ve gone from overvalued port values to undervalued port values.

• I'm guessing the Index is probably a bit thin on users to have a full order book system in place for however many 1000s of players there are.

In an ideal world the spreads would be closer so one user wont be able to cause a massive drop in price. It's definitely going to be volatile and there's going to be a lot of movement but even Pogba only has a 12p spread at the moment.

• I feel like the volatility is, to use a phrase I hate but seem to hear a lot these days, the new normal. Obviously that creates opportunities to make money but I'm starting to feel that to really maximise your returns from FI you have to treat it more like a second job.

I think it will settle down a bit once the 5 x IPD promo is over but there's still going to be a lot more of it than their used to be.

• @GDS said in Price Volatility Query:

I feel like the volatility is, to use a phrase I hate but seem to hear a lot these days, the new normal. Obviously that creates opportunities to make money but I'm starting to feel that to really maximise your returns from FI you have to treat it more like a second job.

I think it will settle down a bit once the 5 x IPD promo is over but there's still going to be a lot more of it than their used to be.

Mate i nearly had a heart attack with excitement when TOTM was introduced, and thats basically playing for just 10p A MONTH!!
    These 10 and 20p IPD's are insane value and absolutely worth chasing (if the player is then worth keeping afterwards for the next 29 days at least).
    I'm normally a passive trader but ive gone balls deep today and am going to for the rest of September, Then it will calm itself right down and some stability will return.

This is gonna be amazing when Nasdaq gets involved. For now, as ive said elsewhere, we are flying blind a bit. But its only temporary.

Just like the "profits lost after sell orders came in were not real profits", these losses are not real losses. So many quality players are genuinely well underpriced but money is moving around to jump on quick wins, It will return to the big names and quality cheaper holds soon enough mate

• @ScouseSte accurate - players are undervalued now especially for the values in our ports. I'm not sure if the portfolio value will ever represent the true value again.

I've decided not to chase the IPD's - I've refreshed but won't be jumping on any scorers; this should protect me come October 1st hopefully - not saying chasing is wrong, if I could make it worthwhile volume wise and got in at the right times I would probably be chasing.

• @Highfields96 said in Price Volatility Query:

@ScouseSte accurate - players are undervalued now especially for the values in our ports. I'm not sure if the portfolio value will ever represent the true value again.

I've decided not to chase the IPD's - I've refreshed but won't be jumping on any scorers; this should protect me come October 1st hopefully - not saying chasing is wrong, if I could make it worthwhile volume wise and got in at the right times I would probably be chasing.

Chasing is a risky affair (i dropped a bollock with Lacazette) but the day has been decent overall with Guaita and I got some Gabriel at a good price so the 28p thats coming will more than cover any losses during the inevitable sell off.

I'm just gonna have fun this month and then revert back to passive trading in October :)

• This provides a good explanation as to why everything is so volatile at the moment

ef59bde3-a9ea-473b-8531-23e3cb964755-image.png

• @Advinculas-Index I’ve grasped it, which is why I don’t get why they’re using the lowest 300 to set the buy price. Yes when you can see the depth you’ll see that your players buy price and your port value is undervalued but why not take the buy price from a different point instead of the lowest offers. Then you could see the depth but also have a port that’s value is much more accurate.

Average price of all offers or average price of the lowest 2000 offers.

I don’t get the thinking behind the current method they’re using unless it’s purposely to create volatility and panic as sales equal more commission for them.

• @Erased-Citizen its almost like they've gone from massively over valuing players to the complete opposite?

• @Marksandygill said in Price Volatility Query:

@Erased-Citizen its almost like they've gone from massively over valuing players to the complete opposite?

Exactly!

• @chaps1988 I was one who dropped a clanger with this one. Getting in at 2.74 like a lemon. Although at least it isn’t some French unknown who will never win another dividend

• I have no problem with the way it's all going at the minute but can someone just answer my one query.....
    If the lowest value of a player is the average of value of the lowest 300 sell order, if I was to bid for them, why can't I get them for that price?

Surely I should be able to bid the the lowest price and get the player?

• @MickTurbo Its almost to much ha

• @AndydfopT
    You hit ‘buy now’ - you don’t need to bid unless you want to try and get them cheaper than the buy now price