Price crash

• What's going on with the prices on this index, huge drop a few days ago, slight recovery, then another massive drop this morning, why is this happening ???

• People panic sold Neymar. People saw him without a price as the community went through all the buy offers.

People sold everything to either cash out (if they where scared they would lose everything and be stuck without an IS and then get IGHALO'ed) or to buy into Neymar.

25% of the players in the top 100 had no buy offers people bought cheap. Now people put offers in so their are some bids on the market but we DK if thats the start of a recovery or if their is enough market depth to avoid another crash when people wake up and might want to get out.

Unless I missed something.

• I think when they look this morning and see the drop again panic will set in and another huge seel off will follow, more drops and losses. Perfect time to buy I guess if you want to look positivley at this.

• @NewUser408748 said in Price crash:

Perfect time to buy

Definitely if you believe in the long term future of the product, dividends have doubled & prices (based on the lower previous dividend returns) have dropped creating some exceptional value. Neymar for example returned 192p last year, so every chance of £3+ this season IMO & he can currently be bought for less than £9 - great chance of paying his entire cost back within the 3 year bet. His game suits the matrix, so he challenges for PB wins everytime he plays, wins MB whenever he punches an opponent but is also a genuine global superstar, so the perfect PB/MB hybrid.

FI's current OB's simply don't have enough market depth atm so any sentiment jitters or even traditional Sunday sell off can trigger a spectacular "flash crash" in prices as we saw yesterday but the value of your player hasn't changed just the currently available price (which is irrelevant unless you want to sell NOW).

• I think this was pre-determined by two or more big hitters. One trader creates a low sell offer using 300 shares, thus reducing the players price. The second trader can then create an even lower sell price and then they repeat this process. The price of the player is perceived to be crashing. At which point lots of unsuspecting punters think there is something wrong and start panic selling - market crashes. The big hitters wait for rock bottom and buy. Market manipulation.

• @Neil-S

Yes, I think you're probably right.

People should stop and think... why are my futures less valuable today than they were on Saturday? What has changed?

Well Neymar was sent off and will miss a couple of matches - perhaps warranting a very slight fall in his price. But other than that, nothing notable happened and therefore there is no reason to justify the falls being seen.

Sancho, Bruno, Mbappe, TAA, Kane, Messi, etc (the list goes on and on) are no more or no less valuable than they were 2 days ago. Their dividend potential is still the same and it is dividends that make all of our bets worth something in the first place.

• @Neil-S said in Price crash:

I think this was pre-determined by two or more big hitters. One trader creates a low sell offer using 300 shares, thus reducing the players price. The second trader can then create an even lower sell price and then they repeat this process. The price of the player is perceived to be crashing. At which point lots of unsuspecting punters think there is something wrong and start panic selling - market crashes. The big hitters wait for rock bottom and buy. Market manipulation.

Which is exactly why FI need to scrap the 300 lowest offers algorithm immedietly. Talk about self-harm!!

• @Erased-Citizen Agreed, it's far to easy to manipulate with just 300 shares. Suspect the rules will be updated in the short term to eliminate this. However, I think it will take a long while for prices to return to what they were before 10pm last night...

• @Neil-S said in Price crash:

@Erased-Citizen Agreed, it's far to easy to manipulate with just 300 shares. Suspect the rules will be updated in the short term to eliminate this. However, I think it will take a long while for prices to return to what they were before 10pm last night...

I don't think FI will change it as they don't understand their own product. Plus all this volatility and panic is just £££££££££ for them.

• It's not good business for them though. Whilst I get they will reap the increased volume of 2% commissions, this will have a massive negative effect on people joining the index and a lot of new traders will walk away. I suspect some long term and high value traders will also find other places to invest their money. Volatility attracts a certain type of investor but stability attracts a much higher volume of investors.

• Me looking at my portfolio this morning:

alt text

• It’s to easy to manipulate the market. You can crash a price with 300 shares. Crazy