Hold for 3 years

• been using football index for 3 years now but never really fully focus why everyone saying u should hold players for all 3 years and what happens when u finally hit the 3 year mark dont they jus dissappear of your portfolio??
    Also how the hell do I find put how long I've had them for as a few players I've brought more of at different times

• @NewUser132700 FI have said no shares will expire this year, and they won’t enforce it until they have a function that allows you to check; basically don’t worry

• @Sav2000 said in Hold for 3 years:

FI have said no shares will expire this year, and they won’t enforce it until they have a function that allows you to check; basically don’t worry

Thanks for the comment. So in 3 years time, if you haven't sold your players in preparation, do you lose them or they get taken from you at the instant sell price or what's the story with that?

• @NewUser497435

In theory, you'd lose them. Which is why people plan to hold futures for a maximum of three years.

• Very good to know.

I bought Fati and Martinelli thinking you can't lose money on them because they have so much of their career ahead. They have already been pretty good investments but now I know to only plan for 3 years with them.

• @NewUser497435 the three year rule is not in place yet mate so no need to worry about it. I spoke with FI recently via email about this as I have now held players for three years.

• @NewUser132700 Prob not what you want to hear, but you should keep records of when you bought.

However I think FI is going to add something to let people keep track of this tho. Tho I would never trust anything other than myself for something as important as that.

You keep your winning lotto ticket up your ass, you dont just leave it somewhere lol