10p offer limit removed??

• I no longer seem to be restricted by 10p on offers. I assume this is some sort of glitch instead of an update. Can anyone else check to see if they can do the same please?

• Mine displays as 50p offer limit now.

• @scfc just created a thread on it myself, this is great news

• @scfc

This is exactly the kind of ad hoc, knee jerk & unannounced alterations that FI SHOULDN'T be making, partly as I don't trust them not to f*** it up but mainly that the rules need to be clear to all, any changes announced in advance & then be allowed to work. The limit was a bad idea but that doesn't excuse them quietly dropping it & allowing traders to discover their new found freedom by accident.

You either are a responsible tier one gambling operator or a "make it up as you go along" chancer - FI need to decide which they want to be.

• The 10p limit was daft, no idea why they have a limit at all as it stifles growth. I guess a new 50p limit is a blessing and helping a bit with the valuations now.

• Is it the same for sales?

Haven't bought or sold since last week so no idea.

• @Chris-J this is for sells mate, before if a player had a 50p buy price, we could only put in a sell order of 60p. Now we could do £1

• Knew-jerk reaction is not good. If this was planned, it should have been communicated beforehand.

It’s a good change, don’t get me wrong. This is a much better for trading as 10p was just terrible.

• @Luke said in 10p offer limit removed??:

The 10p limit was daft, no idea why they have a limit at all as it stifles growth. I guess a new 50p limit is a blessing and helping a bit with the valuations now.

It should be 10% instead. The 10p only facilitated flipping at the lower end 10% would allow all players to benefit and offer more incentives to buy the drops

• Yesterday i saw maddison had dropped over 50p since offers came in. Knowing the depth in him would be poor i was tempted to buy and flip but being only able to list 10p over meant i was barely covering commission and i didnt want to hold to time a sale i just wanted to list right away and wait. 10p just didnt allow that

• @Black-Wolf agree. A % should have been an obvious choice really which makes the 10p look like a really idiotic baseline.

• Makes more sense but its another rule change without notice or explanation whatsoever

How are people suppose to play the game if this is constantly happening. No wonder people are fucking confused

• @Geronimo159387 Yep, I agree. This was one of the key things I wanted them to fix in response to yesterday, had they included it in their comms i'd have been impressed at the timely response. Instead I stumbled upon it by accident and wasn't sure if it was a glitch.

Anyway, I'm still glad it's changed.

• @Black-Wolf said in 10p offer limit removed??:

@Luke said in 10p offer limit removed??:

The 10p limit was daft, no idea why they have a limit at all as it stifles growth. I guess a new 50p limit is a blessing and helping a bit with the valuations now.

It should be 10% instead. The 10p only facilitated flipping at the lower end 10% would allow all players to benefit and offer more incentives to buy the drops

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

• @scfc it’s the same for me 👍🏻

• Recent comms on Twitter from FI.

Dear Traders,

We have listened to your feedback about the Offer Zone and its impact on positive price movement. We have, therefore, increased the ceiling of the Offer Zone from 10 pennies above the Buy Now price to 50 pennies above the Buy Now price, effective immediately.

Thank you

• So basically they’ve not really listened at all. Yes, the 10p margin needed moving upwards and it’s good they’ve done that but it’s not going to stop a repeat of yesterday. It’s nowhere near as much of a priority as the need to see depth of offers and for a change to the 300 lowest offers algorithm, that’s giving false and undervalued prices, along with extreme volatility.

• Daft question but does putting the shares for sale at a higher value also effect the value in the same way that selling them cheaply (last night) does?

What other reasons are there to set the limit to 50p, or any limit?

• @Marksandygill If people list 50p higher and there are no offers lower then yes; but whilst there are 300 offers lower the buy price will always represent that. Sell price made up of highest 300 bids so no affect on this side.

Main reason for extending is so you can list a player way up and maximise selling on a spike.

• @Highfields96 exactly, I just can't think of a reason to actually have any limit?