Neymar 'obsession'

• I am fairly new to this but just questioning the price of Neymar?

Since I have been on the index he has not been close to winning any MB (mainly due to Salah & Pogba) and he is injured so not winning any PB

From my own research I can see he is 2nd behind Messi at PB with just a few less wins.

Why is he £12? Star man at the World Cup I get that.

Next season if he stays at PSG (IMO he will) he won't win many MB due to the league he plays in? He may win some PB but does it warrent to pay £12?

My main question is, if you don't have Neymar now, would you invest?

• I would have Salah or De Bruyne over Neymar.

• @NewUser139880 I get Salah but why De Bruyne? Has basically no MB and doesn't win PB very often.

• I'm new to this site, I'm talking more about his importance to Man City.

• @B1992G
    Neymar has a lot going for him in terms of Football Index;

1. He only has one name making his media buzz more likely due to the way its structured. This is a huge factor that people often overlook.
    2. Despite his league the media still love talking about him and this will continue into the world cup.
    3. Because of his league he is highly likely to gain PB as he is generally playing against weaker defences/teams.
    4. He will be touted as Brazil's star player should they have a decent world cup.
    5. He is young, meaning a long term investment is safe (as shown by his high price despite injury) and will most likely be regarded as one of the best players in the world throughout his career.

As for if you should invest in him. That's up for debate. I believe there is growth in him but that is because I believe football Index as a platform and that there is growth in pretty much all good young players. Although there are most likely other players you can find a better rate of return due to his high price.

Hope this helps!

• @James

Good post

I'd add that no way is he staying at PSG for long so the transfer spec is big and never goes away

• I can see what your saying, but surely the longer he stays at PSG the more chance he has of PB?
    Playing in a league where the standard of 90% of the teams in the league is poor... and he’s the main man at PSG so always on the ball affecting the game and as long as he getting loads of the ball he’ll be clocking up points for PB.
    I personally think it will be a bad thing for neymar holders if he leaves to go to any of the spanish teams... if he comes to england thats a different story, price could rocket again.

• Thanks for the advise guys jsut weighing up my options

Just going to refer back to the 'Neymar has one name' thing

Does that really make that much of a difference? All the articles and news feeds football index use are by professional journalists and writers, you very rarely see players not getting full named in a article? It would be very unprofessional to do that?

• @B1992G said in Neymar 'obsession':

Thanks for the advise guys jsut weighing up my options

Just going to refer back to the 'Neymar has one name' thing

Does that really make that much of a difference? All the articles and news feeds football index use are by professional journalists and writers, you very rarely see players not getting full named in a article? It would be very unprofessional to do that?

Yes - it makes a massive difference.

If you don't believe it, look at some the articles scoring points for Naymar today which aren't scoring points for the other players mentioned.

Coutinho, Neymar, Morata... Biggest stars who will regret transfers in 2017/18

Why only Ronaldo, Messi or Neymar may be able to stop Salah from winning Ballon d’Or

Neymar to Real Madrid: Ronaldo says summer transfer almost impossible

• So that is 140 points out of his 200 today , he got because of his single name. When he was transferred, he got stacks of freebies because of stuff like Barcelona target Player Z with Naymar money - when he was injured, it was stuff like De Maria is playing due to the Naymar injury.

This kind of thing meant he has a steady flow of points so would often win on dead news days. Plus he has the highest PPG stats on the index. Combine that with being a media darling, him being permanently linked with transfers (even after a transfer) and you have the perfect storm of an index freak.

• Not saying to buy him by the way - his price is very high and there is a chance all high profile players may dip in the summer - plus a really nasty injury would be catestrophic. Just explaining why it is what it is.

• @mike778 I see, I didn't know that it was based on the headline of the article? I thought the player just had to get full named in the article, cheers

• @James and another point. He WILL leave psg at some stage and it will be huge news leading to MB

• He’s also likely to become the best player in the world (future ballon d or winner), once Messi and Ronaldo age a bit more.

• @NewUser139880 one piece of advice I would give you is that just because a player is good in real life doesn't mean he is good on the index. I agree KDB is a fantastic player but he doesn't return dividends on FI enough atm. He's awful for MB and since the large amount of new players have been added he's been pretty poor for PB returns too.

• @James marital is a better bet if he goes to Chelsea but my choice is mbappe I'm investing in him as much as I can afford if he goes to Man City

• @mike778 - interested to hear your reasons for why all high profit players might drop during the summer. Effect of post World Cup, transfer stories sealing buzz, or a combination of both?

The way the market reacts to the end of this season is going to be really interesting. I feel like I have a reasonable idea of which way it will go. But equally I wouldn't be surprised if I'm some way off!

• @Pierrey2129 People make assumptions on past experiences so last year is why everyone saying big names no trf runours will drop...

Now especially as a 5% drop counts as a crisis, things get ibteresting.
    However this was Pre PB and no world cup so they may hold a bit. But can see a few tanking as we go on the TRF merry go round.

• @Pierrey2129 said in Neymar 'obsession':

@mike778 - interested to hear your reasons for why all high profit players might drop during the summer. Effect of post World Cup, transfer stories sealing buzz, or a combination of both?

The way the market reacts to the end of this season is going to be really interesting. I feel like I have a reasonable idea of which way it will go. But equally I wouldn't be surprised if I'm some way off!

All you can do is go on past experience ...

Its likely that post world cup, a some big name transfers will hoover up all of the dividends and we will see them rocket in price. That money has to come from somewhere. So there's a reasonable chance that people will move money from the high priced players who are not currently returning anything to the big name transfers.

As they say, players become more relevant and less relevant at different points. And a lot of the guys at the top of the index will become less relevant during the summer.

Its a bit less clear this year as the WC complicates things. Naymar may be exempt of course as he may well be in the thick of things transfer spec wise.

• @B1992G this is because neymar when not injured is king of the index. He has historically been one of the only players who scores highly on both pb and mb hence the price

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.