Brown Sunday? - Trust the Forum!!

• I was on the night shift last night and had a chance to check my port on my mobile at around 23:15 - WOW!

The more I refreshed the deeper into the red my higher end players were dropping. The first thing I did was use my work computer to look at the forum. I am not allowed to log in as a user but I could view it.

I checked my lower end players and there was not much movement there so this got me thinking that maybe all is not bad after all.

I flicked through a few threads and in one @Black-Wolf and @Dan-The-Man were discussing we may not see an opportunity like this again which put me at ease to look for bargains.

For me @Black-Wolf has been a pillar of good advice during the period since the recent OB change

Although I am not new out the box any more I rely a lot on the guidance and opinions of the forum family.

I don't have big savings but managed to deposit a bit and topped up on Kane who at one point was selling at Β£3.60!!!! and added to a lot of other long term holds.

It is hard to hold your nerve when events like last night occur. Thanks to all who helped me not panic......

• @Kipper72 bloody show off ;)

Well done, steelier nerves than me mate.

• @Kipper72 thanks mate. Im glad i was able to help anyone willing to listen πŸ‘

• @Black-Wolf fast becoming the new @Misto πŸ‘Œ

• @Ericali must be something about German Shepherd owners

• Wish I'd listened to this advice and held tight just a little longer but I did what I felt was necessary to help me sleep that night and took some paper money and left it in the balance. Still had a fair amount in the index though, about 50/50.

On the way up atm, no players showing a loss on the buy price anymore so that's a good start.

• It was very tough to not panic but well done to everyone who held firm. I went from 8000 to 6000 in the space of 4 days. I shit it last night and I feared for my 6 grand deposit. I'm back up to 890 paper profit and im delighted. The forum was my god send last night. I was pissed, emotional and very close to firing the IS but there are some good people on here. I know who they are and I thank them.

I was my profile pic last night

• I like to listen to the people that are calm and rational when it's getting choppy. It's easy to find an expert when there is money flying in, but not so easy when it's going the other way. @Black-Wolf has been on the money since order books came in and I would like to give him a big yellow thumbs up.

Ready? Ok good, here it is.

πŸ‘

• Last night was a bit like the scene from Braveheart when they are getting charged 😜 Mel Gibson is shouting β€œhold the line.....Hold!!!!!!”

• This post is deleted!

• Can someone add the photo? Never seems to be able load up on my phone. 😏

• Been out all day, am I right in saying prices look fairly normal now? Any reason for this other than people getting a grip of themselves?

• @Notanyoldnewuser offers being matched or unlisted now the panic has passed

• @Yellow said in Brown Sunday? - Trust the Forum!!:

I like to listen to the people that are calm and rational when it's getting choppy. It's easy to find an expert when there is money flying in, but not so easy when it's going the other way. @Black-Wolf has been on the money since order books came in and I would like to give him a big yellow thumbs up.

Ready? Ok good, here it is.

πŸ‘

• Brown Sunday really took a toll on old baydog. It was exhilarating in a terrifying way (like aquaplaning and regaining control). Mad 24hrs

• Myself, like many I’m sure were moments away from hitting that sell button, I was certain my entire portfolio was just going to go down the drain.
    However, thanks to a good few of the most regular forum users I stuck with my gut & I want to say thank you.

I’m sure we all know how hard it can be to sit on your hands in moments like last night but I’m here for the long game and a catastrophic night post relatively awful week, looks like nothing compared to a potential max 3 year hold. I will even be 30 by then! Thanks guys, let’s keep the faith πŸ€ŸπŸ€žπŸ‘Œ

I also heeded advice from others and jumped on a drastically low buy price on a couple of players I’ve been after for a while, let’s hope it all works out for us. πŸ‘Š

• @howsthebacon sensible... protect what you had, hindsight & all that...

• Echo what everyone else has said, also it's nice to see the below, shows people are still willing to compedativley bid on in game goalscorers despite the last 24 hours.

Screenshot_20200914-181957.png

• Didn't sleep much last night but equally didn't sell. Learning curve for me. There are some great heads on here (@Black-Wolf @Martyn-B @Baydog + others). There will be some fires again in the future, but I'm sure we've all learned a great deal from last night which we can use in future.