Johann Gudmundsson

• I genuinely apologise if questions like this have already been done to death, but I'm just a simpleton looking for advice from traders with much more idea than me. I've completely lost all concept of value! I reckon I could be talked into paying a quid for a Chomp at this point.

Johann Gudmundsson is in my opinion almost a dead cert to start for Burnley next week. He's our only out and out right winger and has hopefully put his injury problems behind him as he's had a full preseason with a few goals and assists to his name. His sell price is currently 14p and his buy price is 31p. Am I an idiot for considering buying him?

• @NewUser252969

It's very important to be tactful when valuing a chomp mate. If people read between the lines and construe it as a statement that chomps have had a nightmare theyll be throwing all their Freddos and Monster Munch down the drain cos that's just what ya do.

I dont know how good he is mate but if u can grab him at the mid point, so like 24p, then thats a player who can return over 40% of his buy price with a goal involvement at any point this month. Or 33% of his buy price with star man at any point in the next 3 years on a day when Burnley are the only PB game taking place.

So it's probably low risk, but on the flip side, weve got prices on genuine PB players that take me back so far that after gazing at the market this morning I went straight to my local Kwik Save for a News of the World before walking across the road into the pub and sparking up a Benson & Hedges at the bar and ordering a pint of Carling Black Label and sitting down for a quiet game of snake on my 3210

So rather than a complete punt, although u may no him to be an excellent player, you might be well advised to really look at some historic data on elite dividend winners

• @MickTurbo Haha cheers for the advice mate. Think I'll have a go at Gudmundsson and get the rest stuck into players I couldn't afford this time yesterday.

• @NewUser252969 said in Johann Gudmundsson:

I genuinely apologise if questions like this have already been done to death, but I'm just a simpleton looking for advice from traders with much more idea than me. I've completely lost all concept of value! I reckon I could be talked into paying a quid for a Chomp at this point.

Johann Gudmundsson is in my opinion almost a dead cert to start for Burnley next week. He's our only out and out right winger and has hopefully put his injury problems behind him as he's had a full preseason with a few goals and assists to his name. His sell price is currently 14p and his buy price is 31p. Am I an idiot for considering buying him?

He has scored 7 goals in four years.

Suppose its worth a punt if you are bored and if he does knock one in before the end of September then you might make a profit. Probably would turn my nose up at anything more than 15p though.

Kinda player who probably justifies no sell price after the IPD promotion.

• I’m 34 and remember Mars bars been 30p (Maybe even 29p). A Chomp can’t be far off £1 these days... probably half the size though!

I won’t offer any trading advice because your post is the sort that’ll lead me to buy... Gudmundsson!

• @SDOAFIT Can't argue with what you are saying there. He would have definitely had more goals if it wasn't for injury problems, but then again, can't get away from the fact that a past of injury problems isn't the best selling point!

Good player on his day though and most of our attacks end with a cross from a full back or winger trying to stick it on Wood's head so fingers crossed for a few assists in our first few games... actually that's not true, most of our attacks end with a pass back to Pope or a steward chucking the ball back in from the stand