google playstore/trustpilot rating

• much as im pissed *** at this moment it might be in all of our interests to keep up the public reputation of FI. i have been told that the FI app is getting bad ratings because of the turmoil.
    ive just given it a 5 star and will look to do the same on trustpilot.

i totally understand the feeling of those that don't want to do this but if you want to support FI ( and out portfolios!) it might be worth giving the product a good review and urging others to do the same

• Brilliant idea. Lets all pretend that people have not lost a ton of money and FI is not a shambles at the moment

• @jonathan-rolfe To be honest depends what you are rating. I would give FI 5 stars and the app 1 star. The Android app is bloody awful at the moment...

• I'm a big fan of FI and have full faith going forward, but stuff like this mimics ponzi nonsense. I know you are well intentioned but no need to falsify. People can make their own minds up

• Some people have had a bad experience in the past few days and lost a lot of money. I have faith in the platform and they're still paying great dividends, but if other people want to leave poor reviews because they've had a bad time, that's fine. I'm not posting lots of positive reviews just because its panic stations - if anything maybe this will help make FI realise things need to be changed.

• @jonathan-rolfe said in google playstore/trustpilot rating:

much as im pissed *** at this moment it might be in all of our interests to keep up the public reputation of FI. i have been told that the FI app is getting bad ratings because of the turmoil.

i totally understand the feeling of those that don't want to do this but if you want to support FI ( and out portfolios!) it might be worth giving the product a good review and urging others to do the same

Let's not be giving out fake reviews and essentially tricking other folks into joining... It's bad enough if you come here and get screwed with your pants on but if you were tricked in to it, that's worse.

Besides, their tech is god awful at the best of times. I've had to log in to FI around 200 times today, just because the thing kicks me out, often if I navigate around the site or sit there looking at it for more than a few seconds.

• @Dan-The-Man said in google playstore/trustpilot rating:

@jonathan-rolfe said in google playstore/trustpilot rating:

much as im pissed *** at this moment it might be in all of our interests to keep up the public reputation of FI. i have been told that the FI app is getting bad ratings because of the turmoil.

Let's not be giving out fake reviews and essentially tricking other folks into joining... It's bad enough if you come here and get screwed with your pants on but if you were tricked in to it, that's worse.

Besides, their tech is god awful at the best of times. I've had to log in to FI around 200 times today, just because the thing kicks me out, often if I navigate around the site or sit there looking at it for more than a few seconds.

Is it a fake review?

All gone a bit tits up at the moment but I am still about 10k up for essentially a hobby. I suspect most people who install the app today will make money if they are smart.

In the grand scheme of things, football index has been fantastic for me. Would give it 5 stars without any hesitation.

Android app can be a bit dodgy but it's still probably the most valuable app on my phone. There is no reason for me not to give it 5 stars.

• @BeanDrown said in google playstore/trustpilot rating:

Some people have had a bad experience in the past few days and lost a lot of money. I have faith in the platform and they're still paying great dividends, but if other people want to leave poor reviews because they've had a bad time, that's fine. I'm not posting lots of positive reviews just because its panic stations - if anything maybe this will help make FI realise things need to be changed.

Have they lost money or paper money? There is a difference.

If its the former then they have likely made poor decisions and/or put money into something without finding out about it.

It's called a football stockmarket, if they can't handle paper loss they should never have got involved.

I started investing in stock market trackers shortly before covid. I understood the risks and stuck to the plan. Made huge paper losses but am now 10 percent up again. Paper losses are irrelevant.

• @SDOAFIT said in google playstore/trustpilot rating:

Is it a fake review?

The app isn't a 5 star app... which is what the PlayStore is asking you to review. Let's face it, the app is a broken mess and FI's tech is pretty crappy. Hopefully this will change going forward and then when it is, 5 Star's for sure..

Also, he's saying he is pissed off but wants to give a glowing review because it protects our money...

• @SDOAFIT said in google playstore/trustpilot rating:

Paper losses are irrelevant.

Paper loss? Are you losing paper?

• @Dan-The-Man said in google playstore/trustpilot rating:

@SDOAFIT said in google playstore/trustpilot rating:

Is it a fake review?

The app isn't a 5 star app... which is what the PlayStore is asking you to review. Let's face it, the app is a broken mess and FI's tech is pretty crappy. Hopefully this will change going forward and then when it is, 5 Star's for sure..

Also, he's saying he is pissed off but wants to give a glowing review because it protects our money...

I agree you shouldn't give a glowing review just to protect your money.

Is the app a broken mess? Largely works OK for me, occasional issue with location.

Ultimately I would recommend FI still but with caution and I would recommend that if they do sign up they get the app.

• @Dan-The-Man absolutely

• @NewUser485878 i'm not trying to gloss over this. of course the losses are real ( if you press the sell button) but yeah im all about protecting profits. . is the app good? seen worse seen better?
    am i being totally honest giving it a 5? no. to be honest i hardly use the app anyway.

however i am confident that with tutoring/taking time to study the market, any new users would make be able to make a profit

• @Dan-The-Man if it was just about the app yeah you're right 5 is a fake review ( especially as i usually do my fi stuff on a pc). its more really about wanting to back the product. im certainly not wanting to trick people into coming onboard thats for sure. ive been trying to get people on since the second dividend review but dont feel thats appropriate now. i dont have the enthusiasm to do it anywat

• @jonathan-rolfe said in google playstore/trustpilot rating:

@Dan-The-Man its more really about wanting to back the product.

I get where you're coming from mate.

A few months after joining, I suggested that we as traders could create a minor marketing fund to help promote the Index for the same reason. Understandably, the idea was shot down by just about everyone who read it ha. So I fully understand the desire to support the platform.

Thing is, we have a Triggers Broom situation at the minute. Sure, this place has the Football Index logo and the same shitty tech but it's a brand new platform that we're all still coming to terms with. For all we know, that market crash is the new Sunday night and if that's the case, would you really recommend the platform?

• @Dan-The-Man i hope for all our sakes things gets less volatile. things might quieten down with the ipd bonus ending. No i wouldnt recommend it right now to someone with little experience of trading

• Wow.

Publicly calling for fake reviews.

A lot of people have 'lost' a lot of money and you want to post fake reviews.

This is worse than all the posting about bargains people have got.

• Love FI but wouldn't be giving it 5 stars. Disregarding what's happening to the market and just looking at the app( and I realise some of these affect the website too), I give you:

Minimum 4 attempts to log in as it thinks that you are in another country,
    An interface which splits the top 200 and the rest into two separate groups. Top 200 have no benefits and the Footie is ranked on the top 100 data,
    Ticker hasn't worked for a while,
    24 hour and 7 day figures have just started working this week,
    Prospectus that contain no information,
    Graphs which now show a huge drop off in price in almost all players with no explanation
    Search bar comes up with two outcomes for some national sides, with different players depending on which result you click,

That's just off the top of my head. For all of the great things about FI, tech and communication are pretty much bottom.

Actually thinking about it, shouldn't it be quite easy to implement mb scoring where they are manually removed, to continue to list them but as zero points and (removed due to nature of news story?) That way you can actually see what has gone

• @SDOAFIT paper losses aren't irrelevant - I understand what you're saying, the profits were never there to begin with, but paper or not evryones posting "losses" on twitter, talking about crashes and how much percent they're down by, and thats not a good look.

I hope all of the prospective new users looking on twitter have the wisdom to see the difference between paper losses and actual ones, but i don't think they will.

• @BeanDrown said in google playstore/trustpilot rating:

@SDOAFIT paper losses aren't irrelevant - I understand what you're saying, the profits were never there to begin with, but paper or not evryones posting "losses" on twitter, talking about crashes and how much percent they're down by, and thats not a good look.

I hope all of the prospective new users looking on twitter have the wisdom to see the difference between paper losses and actual ones, but i don't think they will.

It's not a good look.

But markets will crash that is just what happens. And if people can't handle that then they should never have got involved. There have been plenty of crashes in FI before and will be in future.

The saying of its not a loss till you sell is a cliche but true. It's unfortunate if you have just joined but people started investing in stock markets just before the covid crash.

People have to be OK with seeing paper losses. Unless you need the money now they don't mean anything. And if you do need the money now then it's on you.

It's very easy to ride booms in the markets. But if you are going to trade anything then you need to make rational decisions based on logic when you see big red numbers. A lot of people clearly failed to do that. The people selling at crazy low prices deserved to lose their money. Its harsh but true.