Jadon Sancho

• In the short term, is it beneficial for Sancho holders for him to stay or leave Dortmund and move to United? I'd assume it's better if he stays at Dortmund for another year = more media but interested to hear opinions?

• @NewUser355290 said in Jadon Sancho:

In the short term, is it beneficial for Sancho holders for him to stay or leave Dortmund and move to United? I'd assume it's better if he stays at Dortmund for another year = more media but interested to hear opinions?

It depends on final result...

The best thing for sancho holders is for him to join united in 2 years or so with on off speculation till then.

On the flip side if he goes to juventus its not great.

So him staying at Dortmund is fine as long as he keeps up the form and doesn't get bought by juventus next year.

• This is the thing he has to keep up the form and for me he has to do it for England and play in the euros.

If he has a poor season and left out the Euro squad surelt the price will bomb.

I seen a few thing tonight that if United sign Regullion and already spent on VDB they might look a few cheaper options.

I dont think they have that amount of money to spend on 3 or 4 players that they need plus Sancho.

Also fair play to Dortmund for sticking to their guns price wise.

• If I was a Sancho holder (never will be) then 100% he needs to stay at Dortmund, not that his PB is up to much and the MB is just from his potential move to United. A move to United may benefit short term for a few weeks of MB but will see him slide into obscurity in my opinion as I think heโ€™s pretty average and certainly shouldnโ€™t be starting for England. Just my opinion though.

• Short term he needs a good start to the season, goals and assists in the two 10p IPD eligible fixtures would probably help, then he needs to actually start earning some PB!๐Ÿ˜†

• His price is dependent on whether Manchester United sign another wide player.

If they don't, the speculation will continue in the next window or two until he eventually moves.

If MU do sign a replacement & he's a roaring success (someone long term like Vinicius, Adama, Sarr, Dembele or Coman then Sancho can kiss the move goodbye for good.

He price will crash quicker than Sunday night!

I personally don't know why people take such a gamble like this because his PB returns are minimal at best & 95% of his media has come on the back of the Manchester United move.

If that rug gets pulled - it won't be pretty. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

There's far safer bets that don't rely on a Russian roulette style gamble to produce returns.

• @Ericali said in Jadon Sancho:

If MU do sign a replacement

Whilst I agree with your analysis on Sancho & won't touch him at his current price, I'm more interested in who you see coming in as that wide man that they seem to want. Short term fixes like Bale or Perisic might do the job (leaving the door open for a long term target like Sancho) or a more permanent, younger answer, Dan James might not make the grade; who's in the frame in your opinion?

• @Ericali plus even if the do sign him his current price still means you get better yields elsewhere

• Honestly the Sancho bubble is the thing that worries me most about FI. Now IS is gone I don't see there being any way all that money locked up in Sancho can realistically find it's way back into the market.
    Ideally all parties involved would want there to be a way to move the money out of Sancho, but who is going to be buying all those shares even if the United move happens? I know market makers are supposed to achieve this liquidity but I dont think FI have enough money allocated to market makers to get all that money out.
    Sancho isnt like Bruno either: there is still money "stuck" in Bruno, but the difference in PB potential between the two is massive so having money tied up in Bruno does not sting anywhere near as much.

Idk, maybe I'm missing something. if I held Sancho I would be getting out as soon as possible because the race to get out when his move does happen is going to be a bloodbath,and I'm not sure it's worth the risk.

• @Geronimo159387 said in Jadon Sancho:

@Ericali said in Jadon Sancho:

If MU do sign a replacement

Whilst I agree with your analysis on Sancho & won't touch him at his current price, I'm more interested in who you see coming in as that wide man that they seem to want. Short term fixes like Bale or Perisic might do the job (leaving the door open for a long term target like Sancho) or a more permanent, younger answer, Dan James might not make the grade; who's in the frame in your opinion?

Like you say, short term fixes are Bale & Perisic (both 31) who will do a job for 18 months. I name checked 4 or 5 who I see as long term solutions in my previous post. ๐Ÿ‘

• @DillyDong spreads are tight enough to suggest people are still wanting to buy but people need to make sure they are selling while these spreads are tight because when they widen it becomes much harder to sell

• surely Sancho's price only makes sense if it pulls other players prices up with it, which it just isn't doing at the moment!?

• Even best case scenario he comes to Manchester United (he isn't btw ๐Ÿ˜‚) & becomes the media's favourite new toy for the next 6 months.

He won't take penalties, he won't take FKs, & MAY get the odd corner.... ๐Ÿ˜ (Like an expensive version of Fred)

It's not enough, or won't generate enought to underpin his price without having the PB appeal.

• One factor in all of this that seems to fly under he radar

Assuming he doesn't move this month and Man United Fail to qualify for next seasons CL which is a realistic possibility.

That, in my eyes would make it even less likely that he would move there - both from Man Uniteds Financial perspective and would Sancho be prepared to drop down from playing in the CL

• @Black-Wolf makes you wonder what they are still buying for. Even if he were to win media for the next 6 months I'm still not sure it's worth it consider how much more valuable proven PB winners are now compared to MB. How many Lewandowski, Kimmich, Messi etc can you get for that price? Who is likely to return more?

• Not sure if it's mentioned above but think if Sancho gets moved to FWD (which would be more appropriate) then he'll retain his value more.

• @DillyDong said in Jadon Sancho:

makes you wonder what they are still buying for.

Some of the "infamous" big holders are now so far committed that getting out or even attempting to would destroy his price. Their options are limited to constantly pumping him at every opportunity on twitter, podcasts & whatsapp groups to maintain buying interest or face a price Armageddon which would make Sunday night look like a buying frenzy.

Whilst ever the clickbait media outlets recycle the same story everyday he has a chance of picking up MB dividends which they can book as profit & the broken MB system facilitates that; biggest media story of the last 24-36 hours Neymar yet MB winner Sancho!! Makes it look fixed but they are just playing the system as it currently works but it's a very dangerous game; either Sancho is the real deal or he's an overpriced decent young prospect whose price is built on sand foundations.

• @DillyDong its just hype and the advice of others. Thing is his price can stay high forever as can any player. People with huge holds can sell them all at high prices without impacting his price now so as long as people think highly of him his price could stay high even with all the big players selling up

• @Black-Wolf said in Jadon Sancho:

Thing is his price can stay high forever as can any player. People with huge holds can sell them all at high prices without impacting his price now so as long as people think highly of him his price could stay high even with all the big players selling up

Whilst that's technically true the fact that his biggest holders/cheerleaders are selling will have a massively negative impact on his sentiment & likely start a race to bottom wave of selling as those wanting out undercut those high prices in search of buyers. Without buying demand high price sellers don't get sales & without market depth as soon as they start to explore lower prices in search of that buying demand the price can rapidly cascade downwards, as was demonstrated on Sunday night (the trigger for which might only have been a few hundred/thousand listings but it quickly gained momentum).

If he is the real deal sellers will be able to sell for high prices as demand will be high, if however he is an overpriced prospect then the market will not take long to sense weakness & the result will be brutal, you simply can't fool market forces for very long before being found out.

• @Geronimo159387 oh yeah i know thats why i said whilst people think highly of him. It doesnt matter who holds him as long as the supply meets the demand and vice versa