How to response to email from FI regarding safer gambling?

• Got this from FI regarding my level of deposit. I don't know how this works as I have only deposited about 1k over the past 3 months! 🥴

Hi Victory,

We can see from your recent activity that you’re enjoying using the platform. We wanted to reach out to you to ensure that your level of depositing is both safe and affordable.

Here at Football Index, our customers’ safety is of utmost importance. That’s why we want to make sure you’re comfortable with the status of your account, and can afford your level of spending.

Therefore, we would appreciate it if you could please:

• Confirm you are in control of your gambling.
    • Confirm what you do for a living.

​By confirming you are in control and by advising us what you do for a living, we can ensure you are staying safe and can afford the level of spending on your account.

Please respond to us within 7 days on 0800 066 2650, or by replying directly to this email.

Please note, we may require further evidence from you to prove that your Football Index deposits are affordable.

For more information on tools that you can use to keep your gambling safe such as deposit limits and time outs, please click here.

Thank you,
    The Football Index Team

• @Victory

I had the exact same email about a month ago. I simply responded back by email answering the 2 questions.

1 Yes I Am in control of my gambling
    2 Told them what my job was.

That was the end of the matter.

• @Victory

A lot of us have had this mate, providing you are happy, and dont have any concerns then a very brief line is quite sufficient, just to say 'hi, yes I'm happy and in control, and I do XYZ for a living', doesnt need to be anything more than that, unless of course u do have some issues, in which case I would of course seek to remedy it but dont think I'd put my rehabilitation in the hands of FIs workforce 😂

• @MickTurbo This is my first time receiving this and I have been trading for a while.

• Yea I had same e mail, ironically I read it on brown Sunday before it turned brown. I see you are enjoying the product haha

• Trying to gauge the consequences of replying "I'm not in control of my gambling because you keep changing my fucking bets!"

• @Victory yeh I've only had it the once mate and it did follow a period of abnormally frequent trading by my standards. I think it was on the back of the Tesco Club Card promo which prompted me to have a bit of a re-jig.

I actually took the opportunity to rifle them to be honest as I found it really cheeky to offer promo after promo, engineering market dynamics, and then to reach out cos I was trading more frequently than usual, but as has been said, it need only be a very brief line in response

• @Victory said in How to response to email from FI regarding safer gambling?:

my first time receiving this and I have been trading for a while.

Just keep it short and sweet - It is really just a case of replying 'I can confirm I am in control of my gambling' (assuming you are of course....)

and then telling them your job title (not sure the relevance of this, surely a job title alone doesn't determine your risk factor - I would've thought details such as temporary/permanent/contract/self-employed/PAYE/net salary are much more important).

• @Lukeroro Exactly my thoughts yesterday when I received an email on my heightened usage of the platform on Sunday night/Monday. What do they expect when the market is crashing?

I've definitely been watching my port a lot more than usual the past 2-3 months

• @Lukeroro That 's a good point.

How can I stop looking at my port to figure out what the fuck is going on!? @Dave-B

• I suppose it's good to try and help those who can't control their gambling, but being asked what you do for a living. It stinks of more big brother. why can't people mind their own fucking business.

• @NewUser510349 said in How to response to email from FI regarding safer gambling?:

I suppose it's good to try and help those who can't control their gambling, but being asked what you do for a living. It stinks of more big brother. why can't people mind their own fucking business.

Honestly it's basically to stop the scenario where people have put in more than they can afford to lose. Probably just checking people are employed on some sort of reasonable income, I guess that asking for salary is too intrusive so it's softer version of that.

If someone is putting in 1k a month and they just have a part time job then there could be a problem.

It might make people stop to think... Hang on a minute.

On this forum a year or two ago people were talking about taking personal loans for football index.

• I had the email yesterday. It's because I IS 99% of my port last week & bought back mostly via ME for IPDs. I replied simply by confirming that I had read the email & that I was happy with the level of my activity.

• @Lukeroro said in How to response to email from FI regarding safer gambling?:

Trying to gauge the consequences of replying "I'm not in control of my gambling because you keep changing my fucking bets!"

That would be brilliant:

"I was in total control and enjoying your platform until you decided to complete change the rules and now all/most of my bets are fecked!"

• @Brane_Orsou
    Exactly this.

Dear FI.

I am in total control over the amount I am betting. Thank you very much for your concern.
    However, some months ago I placed bets with you which I was most careful to risk assess.
    It was a £10 player, but with IS there, the opportunity to get out was available.
    Unfortunately, FI removed IS without any notice and suddenly the 25% I had exposed in that player has now become 100%.
    All fine and dandy if you had increased my potential returns x4 to remedy this. It would seem, you have not.

Yours faithfully.

Pissed off!

• @Dronny-Gaz What a crock of 5h1t!

Totally don't even answer the points you raised or even comment on A Cole saying IS would remain!

We all know it is a betting platform, yet FI don't want to honour the bets people have placed and want to change things as they see fit.

• @Dronny-Gaz It is a shame. I think IS to FI is one of the best things in the Index, but they have removed that option forever.

• @Dronny-Gaz riskier bets at the lower end of the market?! Did they not see what happened to the prices of the top end players on Sunday?😆🤦‍♂️

• Point out that you've now got correspondence from them saying that they've turned your low risk (IS backed) bet in to a high risk one.