Mid price

• Iv just turned my settings to mid price, I thought this would be a great time to do this. It still hurts but it's more realistic then the buy price and as things couldn't get much worse then Sunday I recommend people do the same

• Christ alive! Didn’t even know this was a thing, I did it, now I’m switching back. It’s way too depressing.

• @Luke it really is depressing isn't it mate. After a year and half on here where I feel iv done OK, my port barely shows profit lol

• @AndydfopT I keep meaning to trawl through my transactions and check how much I’ve Invested... gambled. Need to figure out where I am profits wise as I think probably half my profits from last year got wiped out.

• @Luke definitely gambled mate, iv always said if I come away with the money I put in then I'd be happy. I get my football / betting fix without the pain of that one team letting you down. Now it's FI letting me down but that's my fault mate

• I was on mid price, but switched back to buy price. I think Mid price is good, if you have the intention to sell up. However I don't plan to any time soon. When I do look to sell on players, I look at the cost I paid for them and the current buy price, to set my price.

I also found mid price too depressing to look at, especially as I have felt that I have done quite well since the 2 months I joined, but I am showing a loss!

• @Number5 yes and in fairness when I do sell it's not typically at the IS price but I would sell nearer the buy price. So I think mid price is far too pessimistic.

• @Luke agreed, I don't plan to ever sell at a loss. At the moment the IS is very pessimistic, it includes people just putting cheeky low bids in, especially as there in no commission on bid yet. I rather set an offer for the player which at least allows me to break even and when there is a spike in demand for the player, he will sell.

• I thought I was already at mid-point....

As EJ mentioned, prices and port values are largely dictated by the most pessimistic holder of each player - be strategic with your selling and your portfolio is worth far greater than your current buy prices.

• @Chris-J you can change settings to value port mid price rather then buy mate

• @AndydfopT I know - I thought i'd already done it 😫

• @AndydfopT said in Mid price:

Iv just turned my settings to mid price, I thought this would be a great time to do this. It still hurts but it's more realistic then the buy price and as things couldn't get much worse then Sunday I recommend people do the same

Why would you switch to the mid-price point (which i understand is between the buy price and IS price) as that's even further away from the actual value of your port/player than the buy price, which is currently undervaluing players due to the way it calculated.

There is no way of giving an accurate or fairly accurate figure now unless they change the way the buy price is being calculated.

• @Number5

Haha, I did the same! I was on mid price but I changed back as it was too depressing 😂

Ultimately the numbers on the screen are quite irrelevant. Player values are fluid and as you and Chris say they are dictated by the most pessimistic holder on a platform of hundreds of thousands of users.

There is not much value in obsessing over the figures. All you need to really think about is entry and exit prices. Yesterday morning I bought Loftus-Cheek at 93p. My port said I was in about 20p profit on him which was false profit as he had no IS price. About 8hrs later I sold him at £1.70. This morning his buy price is £1.25 and his IS price is 97p.

As long as you have those two figures in your head of what equates to a good entry and a good exit then those are the only relevant figures. The port value is always nice to see in the + but it is not something that is a reliable measure of how well you are trading or how well the Index is performing.

At the moment the valuation of our ports is at the mercy of how one or two traders on each player are behaving, so my advice would just be think about what price you have paid and what price you would take, whether they are long holds or short holds and ignore the rest... Sell orders are great as you can now just set the price you are willing to sell at above the current price and tune out for the most part!

• @Erased-Citizen I assumed it would give a more realistic view of what you would get if you decide to get the fuck out of here

• @Baydog absolutely correct! I have never really looked at the P&L figures as I have my own measure of how I am performing, rather than the artificial amounts FI state. I base it on the cost of my portfolio and my net deposits, this truly reflects how much profit I have actually made.

I also have my own calculation I make depending on the player how much I am willing to sell for. My port is made up of 95 players, really only 75 of them do I want long term so have not put up any sell offers for them. The remaining 20 I have put offers, based on what I what I would happy for them to sell at, irrespective of what people are willing to pay for them today.

@Erased-Citizen I assumed it would give a more realistic view of what you would get if you decide to get the fuck out of here

Not really as the buy price is a false price dictated by the 300 lowest offers. So your player may be valued at £5 on their buy price against those 300 offers but all the other offers above those may average out to £6 or higher. So setting yourself at mid-price gives an even more undervalued picture of your port/players than the buy price already does.

If you're going to IS everything than buy price and mid-price are irrelevant anyway. So in most cases if you want to leave or just sell a player or two, you're going to try and offer your players, which if you do you'll be getting higher than the current buy price as only 300 shares need to shift before the price goes up. We've seen examples of this across the board already.

I'm leaving mine at buy price, knowing that once you remove the 300 lowest shares then you'll start to see the real and true value. The lowest 300 is skewing what value most people and most of the offers add up to for that players worth.

Wouldn't you be gutted if you sold someone at a buy price of £5 (IS of £4.50) or even a mid-price of £4.75 only to see that in a very short time their buy price went to £6 (as it was skewed by a small number of low offers) and you could've sold at £6.

• @Erased-Citizen I really need to read a bit more into this. Surely it's the sell price which is determined by the lowest 300 shares

@Erased-Citizen I really need to read a bit more into this. Surely it's the sell price which is determined by the lowest 300 shares

The IS price is or was determined by something like that (can't remember exactly how) but the buy price is now determined by the 300 lowest offers.

• 1e93b130-0c2f-49ed-8854-6d05d116246a-image.png

If i put in a sell order for 10.93 it will reduce the Buy price down to 10.93.

conversly, if i put in a buy offer for 300 Shares @ 10.85 (which is the half of the order book we had got used to over the last 2 months - It would move the Sell price Up to 10.85

What seems to throw people is what you do in the Red sell area affects the Blue button and vice versa

• @Advinculas-Index fuck me, there was me bidding at the sell price thinking why can't I get these players. I really need to read and not just think I know whats going on