Just my portfolio still dropping?!

• With all the big traders saying 'It'll get better' and 'Things are already picking up'.... Is it just me that still has a portfolio dropping on the daily?

Trying to stay positive but by now I would've liked to have seen some sort of improvment on my portfolio 🙄

• @NobbyNoMates I’m still up and down, so stopped looking at the value currently.

Once things settle I’ll reassess.

But this is personal to everyone, I have faith in the product so I’m happy to ride it out; others aren’t.

I’d suggest reading some of the longer threads on here in recent days lots of good advice and differing opinions

• Mine is fluctuating quite a lot currently down from this mornings value but has been above and below that value a few times.

Even after things have fully 'settled down' - i'd expect it to be the norm for port values to drop slowly when there is no football on followed by huge rises and falls at the weekend.

Its hard not to be negative right now - just have to remember that your portfolio is now valued by the most extreme pessimistic holder of each player.

• Some players are improving and some aren't. Troy Parrot is still dropping for me but his a 3 year hold so not too concerned. Also when Spurs s**t-can Mourinho he might get a chance in the Prem next season. I'm also still down on Henderson (one good performance should hopefully push him up again) and Neres who I was hoping would get a move this summer but alas no. Up on Aouar though and hoping an Arsenal move still happens.

• My port has pretty much stabilised, small gains yesterday and today but still over 10% down in actual IS terms since Sunday!

I'm hoping that the short term IPD promotion is skewing the market slightly and after that is done value will settle!

I do wonder how much money was removed from the market on Sunday though? Also with many people selling cheaply that has significantly lowered market prices which may take time and new money to go up again?

• @NobbyNoMates Yep, I'm still dropping so you're not on your own. Hardly seen much recovery since Sunday's meltdown, which in some respects was worse than Thursday. I just want to see the colour green again haha

• Still down mate approximately 17% since Thursday about £800 in real terms. Keep the faith!!

• @NobbyNoMates said in Just my portfolio still dropping?!:

Trying to stay positive but by now I would've liked to have seen some sort of improvment on my portfolio

The market is still in shock with many nervous traders that will take any rise as an opportunity to sell, however, as Sunday proved market depth is very thin (as many choose to sit on the sidelines) so it won't take much positive market sentiment to move prices up. As football starts to get into full swing the dividends that ppl earn from the new higher payouts will also feed the positive sentiment & further swell market confidence.

Provided FI don't rock the boat with any more incompetence or mismanagement, the next couple of months should hopefully see some stability & upward price movements becoming established & traders will again have positive sentiment & confidence in the market. Traders will reassess their holds & risers will be stronger & more sustainable through performance related demand rather than just optimistic price bubbles.

I'm 15% down in a week but my portfolio seems to have stabilised & as I'm a long term holder these short term price fluctuations are largely irrelevant, except for any players that I am/was looking to sell. Once the dividends start to flow my recent buys, like sub £8 Neymar, are hopefully going to look like steals.

• @NobbyNoMates Hi buddy, who've you got in your port?

• @Markyman Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not panicking and have no intention of selling and leaving, I have a fair few youngsters who ill happily wait with, I somehow can't add screenshots to this thread keeps asking for a Url!

I have....

K. Navas
    J. Bernat
    K. Doherty
    G. Kobel
    G. Radu
    U. Simon
    K. Kampl
    D. Perrier
    Y. Verschaeren
    R. Gravenburch
    Emerson (Chelsea)
    D. Leite
    Y. Ait Nouri
    N. Tavares
    M. Demiral
    D. Upamecano
    O. Watkins
    T. Meunier
    S. Tinali
    K. Koulibaly
    L. Beyer
    S. Dest
    D. Van De Beek
    M. Sarr
    C.Gakpo
    M. Salisu

Have around 50-60 shares in each

I realise there isn't much MB/PB/IPD potential in this bunch but was building up to these types of players with the profit 🙈... But hey ho lol

• @NobbyNoMates mine has stabilised a tad, but it's still not pretty. Not sure about your existing trading strategies but I think the way forward at the moment is being highly active with trading (e.g look to sell on a spike - managed to offload some Jorginhos this way last night!) or play the long game.

The price fluctuations right now are really hard to get a grasp on so I really sympathise with anyone feeling a bit lost. It might be a bad example as there is some legitimacy behind this change in price (new contract with Villa) but Grealish was £5.26 on 10th September and is £2.69 today. Basically a 50% drop in a top player in less than a week, with no sign of injury etc!

• @FootballArgos That Grealish drop should be a warning as the price was based on a Man Utd move, another twitter pumpfest which will catch up with a few more.

That said, the markets feels fragile at the moment. Reece James, scores and assist and smashes a great PB, price rises on the night already back to the price of 24 hours ago. Both Werner and Havertz rose last night before the game, sentiment dropped quickly and back to mid £5. We know that only a few bids can cause large drops but it still takes some getting used to.

• A little stability but still dropping overall:

Untitled.jpg

It all looked soooooo much better last week

alt text

#sadtimes

• Screenshot 2020-09-15 at 15.36.02.png

Think there is something wrong with my 24hours figure!

• @Brane_Orsou said in Just my portfolio still dropping?!:

A little stability but still dropping overall:

Untitled.jpg

It all looked soooooo much better last week

alt text

#sadtimes

It looks like Ferrell has a drinking problem like the character in @AndydfopT's picture. LOL.

• @Londoner great reference and reminder to rewatch Airplane.

• @howsthebacon said in Just my portfolio still dropping?!:

@Londoner great reference and reminder to rewatch Airplane.

Best comedy film of all time. Airplane 2 was almost as good.

• @Snrub said in Just my portfolio still dropping?!:

Screenshot 2020-09-15 at 15.36.02.png

Think there is something wrong with my 24hours figure!

Wow yeah I hope there's something wrong with that!

• @Harford-is-God I think grealish staying makes him a more appealing player to hold to be honest. He did rack up some good pb scores last season and villa are hopefully going improve.

• @Harford-is-God agree that his price should drop as the Man U move is now extremely unlikely but it's the size and speed of the drop that concerned me, he still has plenty of upsides. If Bellingham had waited until this week to sign with Dortmund, I wonder if his price would have dropped 50% too.

(nb own neither player mentioned!)