Neymar vs Pogba: Something is VERY Wrong

• According to their BUY Prices

• 27 year old Pogba, is currently £5
    • 28 year old Neymar, is currently £8.80

To put that into perspective, £10,000 will buy you 1130 Neymar or 2000 Pogba,

There's no credible logic that I can see, which suggests 2000 x Pogba is worth the same as 1130 x Neymar, which means at the very least, one of these prices is way off the mark.

The big question is... Will Pogba rise towards Neymar? Will Neymar fall towards Pogba?

Note: I don't hold either men but there's either a bargain to be had with Pogba or a disaster to avoid with Neymar...

• @Dan-The-Man said in Neymar vs Pogba: Something is VERY Wrong:

According to their BUY Prices

• 27 year old Pogba, is currently £5
    • 28 year old Neymar, is currently £8.80

To put that into perspective, £10,000 will buy you 1130 Neymar or 2000 Pogba,

There's no credible logic that I can see, which suggests 2000 x Pogba is worth the same as 1130 x Neymar, which means at the very least, one of these prices is way off the mark.

The big question is... Will Pogba rise towards Neymar? Will Neymar fall towards Pogba?

Note: I don't hold either men but there's either a bargain to be had with Pogba or a disaster to avoid with Neymar...

It's a bargain to be had with Pogba! Don't hold either too.

• @Dan-The-Man going by dividends id say Neymar easily returns twice as many Dividends as Pogba over the next season but you tend to nail these player comparison type threads so you’ll probably be proven right here

• Bear in mind, 2 or 3 players selling 300 Pogba dirt cheap could be causing the artificial £5 price.

Don't read too much into it

• One would have to say that Neymar is the more likelier to win dividends and the index is media driven at the moment.

• @Black-Wolf said in Neymar vs Pogba: Something is VERY Wrong:

@Dan-The-Man going by dividends id say Neymar easily returns twice as many Dividends as Pogba over the next season but you tend to nail these player comparison type threads so you’ll probably be proven right here

The only thing I'm putting forward in this thread, is that one of them is off mate.

I'm not picking a horse.

• @Dan-The-Man the problem you have here is you're not really comparing apples with apples.

Neymar is in an easy league bags loads of goals. Gets the single name advantage on media etc.

Pogba is stuck behind fernandes for pb in current team has gone off the boil on media. Unless he gets a move which might change things. But hes currently at man u and that drives a lot of media so not sure a move helps in the long term.

Dont own either of them I prefer the sub £4 market these days :)

• @Noirx4 said in Neymar vs Pogba: Something is VERY Wrong:

@Dan-The-Man the problem you have here is you're not really comparing apples with apples.

Neymar is in an easy league bags loads of goals. Gets the single name advantage on media etc.

Pogba is stuck behind fernandes for pb in current team has gone off the boil on media. Unless he gets a move which might change things. But hes currently at man u and that drives a lot of media so not sure a move helps in the long term.

Dont own either of them I prefer the sub £4 market these days :)

Agreed...

• Hold Pogba and have said many of times I would only sell if something big changes. £5 is a bargain.

• @Noirx4 said in Neymar vs Pogba: Something is VERY Wrong:

@Dan-The-Man the problem you have here is you're not really comparing apples with apples.

All of that was true last season, but Pogba still earned 11p more in dividends than Neymar.

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 18.02.26.png

The Argument For Pogba rather than Neymar

Stronger Man Utd
    Last season Man Utd started with just 5 wins in 15 games but ended with 9 wins out of the 14 games since Bruno joined. More wins equals more PB opportunities.

France
    Pogba sits at the heart of the current World Champions heading in to the Euro's, which means as the season draws to an end, the demand for Pogba increases with the demand for Neymar decreasing.

Pogba's 2 Year Low
    When was the last time you saw Pogba anywhere near this price? Dividends have increased. The importance of dividend has greatly increased... and yet here's one of the most reliable dividend earners 70p in under his 2 year low?

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 18.19.47.png

Where I Stand
    I'm not confident enough with the market to say what either mans price should be. I agree that Neymar will win far more PB than Pogba and could even come out with 10-30% more dividends if he has a brilliant season and Pogba has a super long quiet patch in the media, but the one thing I am certain of... is that they should be closer together in price point.

1 Neymar just isn't worth 2 Pogba.

• I think it's the risk that Pogba is gonna play a different role this season cos of Bruno. So they're is much more uncertainty over his Match scores and more competition.

• @Toptom said in Neymar vs Pogba: Something is VERY Wrong:

I think it's the risk that Pogba is gonna play a different role this season cos of Bruno. So they're is much more uncertainty over his Match scores and more competition.

He only picked up 2p worth of PB last season, so playing a different role isn't really a problem.

Pogba is an MB player.

• @Dan-The-Man is this one of these threads where we all argue the alternative, nothing happens for a small while, Bruno gets injured, Pogba flys becomes a PB beast again and wins tones of media. I just feel like we've been here before 🤔. I think that backfired on 85% of the forum so I'm out 🤣. Although why does you always compare against Neymar, whats he done to you....

• @Dan-The-Man But then how much of that (like the sancho boom atm) can be attributed to him looking for a move. I not sure that you can compare a seemingly happy to play for united pogba Media to a i want to move pogba...

Oh and the possible changes to the media scoring.

I still think their is alot more uncertainty arround it. But its is more of a feel from general trends rather than a deep understanding of the subject.

• @Shippers said in Neymar vs Pogba: Something is VERY Wrong:

@Dan-The-Man is this one of these threads where we all argue the alternative, nothing happens for a small while, Bruno gets injured, Pogba flys becomes a PB beast again and wins tones of media. I just feel like we've been here before 🤔. I think that backfired on 85% of the forum so I'm out 🤣. Although why does you always compare against Neymar, whats he done to you....

I mean... it probably is that ha but I'd expect some action by weekend I genuinely didn't start this to say "buy Pogba over Neymar"...

This debate is about way more than Neymar vs Pogba... it's about what the market is going to do in the wake of the current changes.

• @Dan-The-Man said

The only thing I'm putting forward in this thread, is that one of them is off mate.

I don’t think one of them is way off. They are priced about right. Neymar is still earning PB and MB. Whilst Pogba is nothing like the past FI King he used to be.
    1/ He is no longer an MB monster
    2/ He isn’t great at PB and will earn even less so now that he’s off penalties
    3/ The fact he wants to move away from the Prem is always looming in the background.
    Neymar should be twice his price.

• @Valhalla said in Neymar vs Pogba: Something is VERY Wrong:

@Dan-The-Man said

1/ He is no longer an MB monster

That's a bold statement.

Neymar should be twice his price.

What do you think Neymar's dividend return is by the start of next season?

• @Dan-The-Man how many dividends did pogba earn post january?

• Although all things being said I've ridden the pogba train enough times in the last 2 years to know you should never quite count him out

• Speaking as somebody with a relatively low ball bid in on Neymar, I would have to say that hes dangerously over priced 😂

Speaking as an impartial commentator I would say that Pog is/was built on MB, which he just isnt winning, and which is gonna be subject to changes which are gonna be hard to quantify, although would seem to benefit him and hurt Neymar with the removal of the single name bias. Neymar therefore may actually be looking quite vulnerable in the sense that hes been a PB/MB hybrid, but is likely to suffer on the MB front. Primarily though, he is built on PB which he may win if he ever puts a run of games together.

In conclusion, everybody IS Neymar till I say stop