Remember when the index made you happy

• This isnt a negative post - there's enough of that already around here - Ive had plenty of very happy moments in my time on the 'dex, before it turned into this mad max style apocalypse, and im sure those good times will come back.

One that stands out for me was waiting for the Rodrygo IPO with a £100 cash balance, eager for him to drop in that sweet sweet window between 10am and 12pm (or 2-4 whatever it was).
    Constantly refreshing the last letters of his name at work, and then the mad rush when he appeared and you'd press 'buy max' and then pray to the lord you got him at a good price. Then the rockets, the green flashing lights and his price escalating, what a buzz.

There will be more good times and the index is far from finished, but lets remember a particularly good past moment, anyone got a story of a record dividend haul or a lucky punt coming off?

• @BeanDrown it wasn't a storming win, but I got on Loic Remy just as he started scoring a few so managed to get quite a run of games in Ligue 1. One of those punts that kind of made sense , but I would have put down as a bad trade that I was lucky with. Earned me quite a decent number of IPDs and value was higher than when I got in

• I bought Teji Savanier at £1.56 on 30 August. He won 8p in PB last night, and a further 30p in IPDs, so a 24% yield in 2 weeks. Even without any IPDs, 8p on £1.56 is a 5% tax and commission free return. Tell me where else you get that in 2 weeks?

The 'dex tests us all from time to time, but is still making me very happy.

• Each to their own, but the Index made me happy yesterday, when Teji Savanier won me £28 in PB & In-Play Dividends. 17.6% yield in a single day!

Yesterday also brought me one of the most bizarre moments on the Index, when Anthony Lopes was somehow beaten to PB dividends by an unused substitute. This is the same Anthony Lopes who won PB last month, even before GKs were given their own PB category! Strange world.

• Mario Lemina. Was a bad hold that I got lucky with last summer due to tenuous links to Utd (before ultimately going on loan to Turkey). Sold up before the tanking, and near enough doubled by money. Lovely stuff.

• They say 'When the fun stops, stop' but for how long does the fun have to stop for before you stop?

• Had 25 Ighalo at about £1.80, bought 75 @ £0.99 when lots of traders were running scared so had 100 at around £1.18. Immediately put in queue, sold in just over a week at £1.60+ so made £50-£60 incl media. Ighalo then fell off the earth and I’ve done little of note since... but that was a brave satisfying trade.

• Cherki's IPO last Christmas Eve, finding him in the squad list quickly when there were problems searching the name!

• I bought Jhon Cordoba back in May and my happy moment with him is in the future

• @JK I remember some kind of tech fault where many users ended up paying £2.50 when they bid about half that - lots of angry users and many instant sold at a loss soon as IS opened up after a week.

He was £4 within a month.

• @Chris-J I think it was £1.38. That's what I got him at and I thought I'd been really clever, but then I learned about the glitch. Anyway, I listed him later the same day and it must have been about 7 weeks to sell but when they did go, they went for about 3× what I'd paid

• @MickTurbo https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/14552/rayan-cherki-ipo/39?_=1600262492142

Just found the thread - makes for some fun reading during these crazy times.

• @Chris-J simpler times 😂

• @Chris-J Wow 600 cherki @ 1.44!😯😭

• @Chris-J Ian Beale says it all haha!! that was a funny old thread to read back on!

• @Erased-Citizen said in Remember when the index made you happy:

They say 'When the fun stops, stop' but for how long does the fun have to stop for before you stop?

Also... Good luck stopping, when you can't sell your players.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Remember when the index made you happy:

@Erased-Citizen said in Remember when the index made you happy:

They say 'When the fun stops, stop' but for how long does the fun have to stop for before you stop?

You can IS if you really want to leave. I'm sitting on my hands at present though; which funnily enough is what FI are doing, much to my increasing annoyance.

I didn't have any issues with the drops on Thursday as they were expected and in the main accepted by most. However, what happened Sunday is a joke. The blame doesn't 100% lay with FI but they are equally to blame along with a mix of stupid traders and the clever ones. The stupid ones are falling to understand the mechanics of how the OB's work and don't get that the buy prices are false and undervalued because of the algorithm being used and as a result they're panic selling. While the clever ones are using the 300 lowest offers algorithm to manipulate prices, strip out players at a low price and at the same time irresponsibly cause the buy price to keep tumbling.

I can see this continuing until both FI and traders sort themselves out. The fun has certainly gone for me and is mixed in with annoyance, knowing that what happened Sunday and what is continuing to happen, is avoidable!

• I made about 20% on rashford last august when he got a penalty all within about 5 seconds.
    I dont think that will happen again.
    Takes to long to set up an offer instantly and then you might have missed it and got flipped like on an IPO....

• @Erased-Citizen said in Remember when the index made you happy:

@Dan-The-Man said in Remember when the index made you happy:

@Erased-Citizen said in Remember when the index made you happy:

You can IS if you really want to leave.

Not without taking huge losses and certain players only have a limited number of IS's available, so cashing out wouldn't be easy/fast, would sting and all of that makes it hard for anyone to quit.

The blame doesn't 100% lay with FI

It does mate. They chose to implement the ME system during a pandemic, they chose to bring in Offers and they chose to remove IS. The market is responding to their design choices.

The fun has certainly gone for me and is mixed in with annoyance, knowing that what happened Sunday and what is continuing to happen, is avoidable!

Yep. Last year when Bale crashed because of the transfer rumours, we pulled our money out of him by selling Bale to FI and then were able to buy back off FI at the bottom, so the crash took money from FI. Where as this one, just gave them fortunes, with no loss for them. The removal of IS, put us at odds with FI. The market crash they caused, benefited them. That's a scary position for traders to be in.

• A3219699-B2E5-4095-B90C-DB867587AD33.jpeg

Only joined in February and always quite enjoyed the tests it’s paused since then, just as I thought I’d got my head around it it’s all changed..... I’ll stick at it and see how I go but it’s a test when the figures are all over of late and make for quite depressing reading, can easily see how people can get turned off by it and sack it off.... if it wasn’t for the increased dividends of late I’d be truly mullered!!!

• quite a lump of the last 24hrs is down to Reguillon and sure he’ll prove a decent bet in the long term