£1ish Bundesliga players with CA and PB potential

• Whilst the chaos was unfolding on Sunday / Monday my added funds were concentrated largely on young Bundesliga talent. With the new season around the corner I thought I would share a few of my top Bundesliga holds and why I think they have potential to return my target of 50% CA and 15% div return in the next 12 months.

No1: Florian Neuhaus

He has become one of my largest holds in the last couple of weeks. I have been a holder since 2018 when I first saw him play. I have traded in and out of him since then. His PB has never been consistently good enough to push on in value, but having watched him enough times my feeling has always been that there is a PB player in there. He is noted for his football intelligence, and is in a similar mould to the self proclaimed space-interpreter Thomas Muller (but a more silky version).

He has been on and off free kicks and corners for Monchengladbach (who are in the CL and are a very good team with a very good manager.) I would say he is now at a point where he can claim some seniority and probably pick up more responsibility for having set pieces. I believe this because last week he made his debut for Germany having been called up for the first time, so he is no longer down the pecking order to the likes of Jonas Hofman.

He should be going into the season with a huge amount of confidence, and this showed in their DFB Pokal cup victory at the weekend, where he scored 2 and assisted 2 in Monchengladbachs 8 0 win.

I have purchased him at an average of £1.02 (1100 shares) and my expectations are that he will increase his PB average with more goals, assists and hopefully a decent share of set pieces in a team that is in the CL and will win games in their league. Potential euro's / world cup selection and a move within the next 24 months means I am viewing this one as a long hold, and would expect him to be an emerging PB talent who can win dividends, and I expect see at least 100% CA over the course of my hold based upon PB performance and transfer spec (I expect him to hit £2 this season but I have been a bit cautious in my estimates).

No.2: Nadiem Amiri:

This guy is in a similar kind of bracket to Neuhaus. He is a a good CL team and is an emerging PB talent. He joined from Hoffenheim last summer and I believe he is seen as Havertz successor (although there are other players who may fit this role such as Demirbay and the young lad coming through Wirtz).

Amiri is an attacking midfielder, gets goals and assists and links up play between the lines. I am not entirely sure what position he will play, but I do expect him to have more of a role with Havertz leaving. He scored 2 in a big win in the cup for Leverkusen at the weekend playing off the wing. He has already played for the national team and with a good season should make the Euros.

I have purchased 500 shares at £1 and my expectations for him are 50% CA this season based upon a more prominent role in the team, and as a PB type player I have the expectation that his PB will be good enough to challenge for dividends and push his price up. Potential transfer spec within the next 2 years. I view as a long hold but will review this one every few months as there are a few uncertainties about his role in the Leverkusen team at this juncture.

No.3 Daichi Kamada:

This guy is a real talent. This was a bit of a break out season for him, and it looks like Frankfurt are very keen to tie him down to a new deal asap. He seems to operate at no.10 or as a false 9, and is a link man that plays between the lines, runs at defenders and has a deft touch. He will get goals and assists. Franfkfurt are not in europe so this will perhaps stunt his price, but they are a decent team i Germany who vastly under performed last season. I have seen Kamada take quite a few set pieces even when Kostic is on the pitch, so I believe Kamada will have decent PB potential.

I hold 650 shares at 98p, and my expectations is that I will make 50% CA minimum on him this season if he is able to hit some good PB scores. No Euros and unlikely to get a transfer, so on this one I will most likely look to trade out around March (or when I hit a target of perhaps £1.75) and buy back in during the summer at a lower price. After this season he'll have the world cup and hopefully Frankfurt back in europe and transfer spec, so he'd be a long hold providing he is doing the business..

No.4 Valentino Lazaro:

This guy was quality as a flying wing back for Hertha. His Whoscored av rating across the season put him in the top 20 performers and subsequently got a £20m move to Inter. He was injured at the start and it did not pan out. Joined Newcastle on loan and did not work out. He has now joined Monchengladbach on loan with an option to buy.

I believe he has an injury (not as bad as first thought) so I do not think he will feature early on. When he is fit he will either be utilised as a wing back or a winger. Very good player, euros with Austria and at a good CL team.

I have 750 at an average cost of 58p. My expectations are that he will get to perhaps £1 - £1.20. I am pretty comfortable holding him long term as he has the euros and will either sign for Monchengladbach, return to Inter or get a move somewhere else, but I would be tempted to take some profit if he hits a quid.

No.5 Hannes Wolf

Another Monchengladbach player, all 3 of whom will be competing for the same midfield PB divs so they have a competitive field. I could name several others including Elvedi and Beyer in defence, keeper, Plea and Thuram (I hold all of them). Wolf man doing big things at Salzburg, got a bad injury and joined Leipzig when he got injured badly again. Now will be playing under his old boss Rose at Gladbach and will be looking to restart his career.

I purchased 675 at 85p and my expectations for him are to be a long hold with euros in the summer and the likelihood that his deal will be made permanent (only has to play 10 matches to trigger obligation to buy outright). I would be tempted to set some sell orders at £1.50 to skim some profit, but I can see him hitting £2 with some good performances and should be a decent long term option.

No.6 Elvis Rexhbecaj

This guy is an unknown quantity and is a pure gamble. I had not really heard of him before the weekend. I noticed he had scored 2 playing upfront for Koln in the cup and did some research. He signed a new long term deal with Wolfsburg and joined Koln on loan immediately this recently. In this type of deal for a youngster signing a new deal and going on loan to a top division team, I'd associate them with being a very good youth (think oscar rodriguez, Kubo, Odengaard etc). When I googled him his name came up in this list of top youth talents from each Europa club. He was chosen ahead of Brekalo and Schlager at Wolfsburg and is in amongst names like Greenwood, Boadu, Trincao etc

http://www.just-football.com/2019/09/uefa-europa-league-young-players-to-watch-48-exciting-talents/

He played upfront for Koln on his debut and bagged a brace, but he is CM by the looks of it. I think he played upfront because Cordoba was left on bench and has since joined Hertha, but Koln have just signed Sebastian Anderson, so I doubt Elvis will be upfront come league kick off..

Pure punt, bought 500 at 40p. No idea what to expect so I have not really planned an exit on this one!

There are quite a few other notable mentions like Mateta currently available at 71p, Brekalo who is around £1.30 and being linked with Atalanta and Napoli, Angelio and some of the Leipzig lads look excellent value... Chong could be a real talent as could sargent at Werder. Bundesliga is probably my favourite league to trade in, so I have a reasonable depth of knowledge having watched many games over the last 2 years! All questions and suggestions on other Bundesliga £1ish nuggets are welcome!

• Andre Silva. Was on a 2 year swap loan with Rebic from AC Milan but those moves have now been made permanent. He was in good form when the Bundesliga restarted in May (won a few PB divs) and Bas Dost is being heavily linked to Spurs so good chance he will get even more game time. Think he also scored for Portugal in recent internationals so a Euros hold too. Available for around a quid, I've refreshed for IPDs but had to reduce my holdings to move into keepers.

• Good value on Plea atm £1.05

Cheaper guys with wide spreads:

Uth 50p
    Sargent 63p
    Hoffman 73p
    Grifo 55p
    Klostermann 57p
    Mukiele 75p

Punt:

Robin Knoche 15p has won pb before, I believe because of his ability to bag a goal.

• @Baydog I'd forgotten about rexhbecaj, it was always 50-50 as to whether he'd play last season, but should be more of a key part of koln this season so yes I'd say good value at 40p. Now let's see if I can still buy him for that. Edit: deal done.

• @Baydog
    Likewise, I think the Bundesliga is my favourite league on FI. Not sure why. Some great picks there.

I hold a fair few but 3 of my recommendations:

Gunter at Freiburg is under 50p. On set pieces and decent assist/goal return for left back.

Alaba is under a £1. Competition from fellow defenders but this guy puts up decent PB scores even with no assist/goal contribution. Already featured in the TOTM. Linked with a move and features for Austria.

Kramaric is slightly over the £1 threshold but I'm expecting a big season from him. Goalscorer and Hoffenheim in Europe this year. Also likely to feature at the Euros with Croatia.

• On a time out so can't list or know prices but

Zakaria will get a big money move over the course of a three year hold. Been out for a long time with an injury, but no doubts in my mind that he's currently excellent value.

Bobby Skov is always great fun. I imagine even more volatile with position changes, but always good for a goal, or a few shots, excellent pb potential

Max Arnold, the man everyone thinks is about 35, but actually is still pretty young and has form for a pb win or two

Also Lucas Tousart is back at Hertha I think this season. Definite potential to improve his PB game and I'd be surprised if in the 3 year hold he didn't get a move

• With the current pricing there are so many-
    Gunter
    Halstenburg
    Klostermann
    Dilruson
    Steffan
    Laimer
    Zakaria
    Akanji

Are all the ones I hold and still have faith in, a decent performance early on and the value will be clear for all to see.

• Neuhaus and Amiri were the ones I was ready to reel off when I saw the title!

Neuhaus in particular is a very big and confident hope of mine this season. I expect him to be £2 before too long. He ticks every box. Has a lot of the ball and is also a serious force at the sharp end. Builds the play but also penetrates a lot in and around the box. He always manages some shots, and he has a good one on him. Good age, good PB team, now in the Germany squad and even got the number 6 shirt.

Amiri always impresses me and he's demonstrated his strong PB game multiple times. Hopefully they play him wide, to me it's clear he's at his best when coming off either wing. When they stuck him in a more confining 10 role close to the striker he saw little of the ball. He's a player who needs to roam. Let him do that and he's a huge creative force. Leverkusen in general look in great shape. The sale of Havertz was very convenient - they got great money, didn't necessarily need him and finding the best place for him was a bit of a problem. They already had the replacements, like Amiri, and using that money elsewhere has given them a better attacking balance in my view.

That brings me onto Patrik Schick. I think the move to Leverkusen might be better than a move to Leipzig. He'll be the undisputed main striker and will get great service from the likes of Amiri, Diaby and Demirbay. Has the Euros with Czech Republic too. Very good all round CF whose quality link play should see many assists as well as goals.

Denis Zakaria has had a big drop recently and is now under £1! As someone who looks absolutely made for one of the top English sides, that's cheap. Also a key player for a good Swiss side. Superb athlete, ball winner, ball carrier, feeder and box to box player. Can score goals and offer a PB threat. It's unfortunate he got injured as soon as the Bundesliga resumed. He's been forgotten about. He is also a reason to buy Neuhaus, as he's likely to stay at Gladbach for now and with him there they'll be a very strong team.

Even Thorgan Hazard isn't much above £1 now!

• @Moukoko
    I think Skov is my favourite hold full stop. Him or Teji. Sure, his reclassification as a FWD doesn't help but when the market crashed on Sunday he was the first one I topped up on at £1.17.

Like you say, he's involved so much - goals, assists, crosses, set pieces. I'm confident he'll deliver good PB scores even as FWD. Hoffenheim in Europe and he'll be going to the Euros with Denmark.

• Way under £1 but I really do think Kevin Kampl is an absolute gift. Seems to be first choice now and he usually has more of the ball than any other Leipzig midfielder, and is never short of goal contributions. He came close to PB wins on multiple occasions in the few games he played after the restart.

Pierre Kunde as well. I challenge anybody to watch him a bit and not be seriously impressed.

• @Sped

I bought 100 Silva this week, I fancy him in their opening game. He is an odd one Silva, seems to be quite streaky like Jota but always been talked of highly and still in Portugal squad like Jota. I reckon he could be a good one to trade in and out of for 10% CA in spread swings and on going IPD wins. I'd put him in same category as Dolberg, will get goals but will need a GWG + another to challenge for PB, capable of doing it but will likely have quite big swings in his spreads pre game and post game to capitalise on

• Neuhaus PB is pretty poor, and so is his goalscoring record. Would like to know why you think this will change now?

• @Coriolanus

I am on all of those except knoche. Plea I am holding at a fair old loss currently as I purchased on the restart of Bundesliga at a peak (likewise Brekalo). Hoffman is a good price, another midfielder at Gladbach, very competitive field, probably the most underpriced of all of them as he has won PB with big peak scores (scored a hatrick), but cheaper due to less sentiment maybe age.

Leipzig defenders are giving me a headache. I have loads covered but not sure whether my picks and the number of shares in each are going to pay off. You'd have to think any of their defenders under a quid is going to pay off at some point in the season.

Sargent I hold 500 at 67p. I'll probably put sell orders in at £1.20 and just wait and see what happens. I expect him to be starting, scored in the cup this week. Added benefit of having some hype behind him

• @chaps1988 said in £1ish Bundesliga players with CA and PB potential:

Neuhaus PB is pretty poor, and so is his goalscoring record. Would like to know why you think this will change now?

From watching him and monitoring his stats regularly in the second half of last season. He is becoming more and more prominent for that Gladbach team.

• @Notanyoldnewuser said in £1ish Bundesliga players with CA and PB potential:

@Baydog I'd forgotten about rexhbecaj, it was always 50-50 as to whether he'd play last season, but should be more of a key part of koln this season so yes I'd say good value at 40p. Now let's see if I can still buy him for that. Edit: deal done.

It is a real punt old Elvis, not seen him play so I cannot comment on how good he is. But the signs are there that he is a player, so at that cost I'd say it is a good bet for some CA if he's a regular there and in the knowledge he'll be going back to a bigger team...

• @Vaughany

I'm only on Krameric of those, not looked at Gunter and waiting for the transfer window to shut on Alaba before going in! Krameric is always a shout for PB, I only managed to pick up 78 shares under a quid on ME, I am going to add more before the season and will time it for IPD opportunities...

• @Moukoko said in £1ish Bundesliga players with CA and PB potential:

On a time out so can't list or know prices but

Zakaria will get a big money move over the course of a three year hold. Been out for a long time with an injury, but no doubts in my mind that he's currently excellent value.

Bobby Skov is always great fun. I imagine even more volatile with position changes, but always good for a goal, or a few shots, excellent pb potential

Max Arnold, the man everyone thinks is about 35, but actually is still pretty young and has form for a pb win or two

Also Lucas Tousart is back at Hertha I think this season. Definite potential to improve his PB game and I'd be surprised if in the 3 year hold he didn't get a move

I'm on all of those except Skov at the moment.. Tousart I have really high hopes for, always thought he was very underrated at Lyon. He is box to box, good timing arriving late like Lampard to slot in. I think he'll get 5+ goals a season and will be great value (I hold 300 at 55p). Arnold I really fancy too at that price. He has excellent set piece delivery and has solid PB base. Zakaria being injured he is available at a great price at the moment. Peaked around £1.40 and the links will start again when fit + euros. Another Gladbach midfielder in the PB mix!

• @Sav2000

I'm on all of those except Gunter - you're second to mention him so I am going to give him a serious look... Dilrosun I like a lot but not sure what his role will be, Hertha have a cracking squad now, I think they will be challenging for Europa spot. Akanji I bought 200 of this week. He was superb the season before this one, not sure what happened this season but he is a steal at 60p I feel... Guerrerio may be tough to beat now he is a defender, but Akanji and Hummels will have their days I reckon

• I went back on mehmedi the other day for 40p, europea, bundesliga, euro’s.

• Also, despite Schalke being a steaming pile of poo expect Serdar and Harit to escalate rapidly