Ground zero or not, the market behaviour worries me

• Who preferred the index when there were no order books, matching engine, when FI honours the Instant sell and when the market was more stable...yes, sell queues were long, but I would rather have been patient and sell months later than sell in this bloodbath.

The old system was easy for everyone. The simplicity was perfect and new users didn’t need a crazy, in-depth knowledge of how Nasdaq, order books and how the stock markets work.

What’s stopping a competitor entering and creating a similar product to the original product we all signed up for?

What also worries me is the alarming rate at which FI continues to change our original ‘bet’. This continual change is not good and force the casual user (and lets face it, there are 10000’s of them) to simply leave at a loss and leave negative reviews all over the internet.

Not the best of days for me so far. I’m miffed at FI and I’m also miffed at Louis Hamilton messing up our residents parking with his home extensions. At least it’s a sunny day..

• @Sol agree with all of this. Even if the market were stable, they could change things again and your port is completely revalued again. It’s absolutely pish. I really do wonder if there’s any concern at FI Towers or if they think everything is going swimmingly. Perhaps they don’t care about their everyday traders. Despite the ads, perhaps it’s all about the whales now. If that’s the case then the product we joined is likely lost forever.

• @Richio I cant be sure of much at the moment but I'm sure the folk at FI towers don't think its going swimmingly and I'm sure they didn't want this.

• @BeanDrown It would be useful if they let traders know that then, because their failure to communicate or act is destroying confidence.

• I think FI need to decide what they are, if they are a betting site, then stop fucking around and changing the criteria of bets that have been placed. You don't need Nasdaq and order books or knowledge of stock markets to place a bet.

If you want to be an investment product, fine, have order books, Nasdaq and give guides on stock market trading etc but please stop calling it a bet.

There constant need to change things is driving people around the bend. Like @Sol has said, a competitor who created a similar product to the original Football Index would have a field day at the minute.

• I agree that sentiment is pretty low at the moment although I do believe FI will put it right. But I think it worth pointing out that a high percentage of people on the Forum and Twitter have been calling for the introduction of order books for as long as I can remember and I’ve been here two years. I think at this stage of proceedings many are understandably craving the simplicity of the old FI. I have to put faith in the idea that FI will rectify the weaknesses of the current set up and get it right otherwise divorce is on the horizon. 😊

Do you think they could actually revert back from order books and the ME until they have it sorted? Don’t think they can now with portfolio values having been hit the way they have.

• @Sol no denying the market is super volatile at the moment. But there were always going to be teething pains when your transfer one trading system to another. Once Nasdaq are onboard, and they’ve tweaked a few things, it should return to a more balanced market.
    And I believe (at least from what I’ve read) that this transition to order books was necessary for long term sustainability and growth of FI. Happy to weather a few weeks temporary pain for potentially years of growth.

• Agree. FI must stop changing things.

It’s gone from “What’s your football knowledge worth” to “if you can guess what we’re going to do next you might make money”.

I’m happy to stay around and ride out the dips, but if we start going back up and FI bring in another ‘improvement’ that wrecks our ports again, then they really will lose the confidence of traders.

• @Richio I do agree, the silence is painful and the entire time this is happening confidence is being shaken and bad press on twitter and review sites, but we don't know what they're doing scrambling around in the background. I hope theyre trying desperately to find a solution.

• I do wonder how low prices can actually go?

a 30-40% dividend yield over 3 years would be considered a good return - with prices plummeting and only a continuous chain reaction of drops on the horizon, can a player ever be worth much more than their expected 3 year div return?

I'm in a fortunate position to only be playing with profit, but I just can't see at what point the tide will turn - a deposit bonus to paper over cracks.... and then what?

• I think with a few tweaks, they can help to turn the negative sentiment around.

Adjusting the metrics behind the displayed buy and sell price to more accurately reflect the market. As has been said a million times, having displayed prices dictated by 300 shares is insane. Anything that directly changes people's portfolio values needs to be thought through again.

Its clear what the market wants - the flexibility of order books without the stark volatility. Its now about finding that balance.

Also worth mentioning that I think people have naively thought the introduction of order books would have an immediate and quick effect. The entire market will need months to fully adjust to order books. I don't mean in terms of learning, I mean in terms of transactions and price fluctuations.

• I think we have to wait for NASDAQ integration and hope for the best in the meantime, perhaps the end of the current IPD promotion will help reduce some of the volatility too.

It's not been great recently (understatement!) but I would say that few people ever mention "changing the bets" in relation to the massive dividend increase and the introduction of Team Of The Month - it can go both ways, and hopefully we'll move in a more positive direction in the not too distant future.

• @Sol it was all these fucking twats on the forum and twitter that they think they own the index and they know who they are calling for order books.well done.the index is fucked beyond repair.its going down like the titanic.they only way to slightly revive the market is a deposit bonus.

• @Brane_Orsou

and there constant changing of things is making them a fortune at present..

• I absolutely love the order book functionality. To be able to buy a player then put some shares up for sale at a certain price is fantastic. I understand that people who’ve been successful the old way don’t want change but as somebody who joined early this year, I just wish that’d this facility had been there from the beginning.

I understand people’s frustrations and have had my own but the actual option to buy say 100 shares at 50p, list 25 at 75p, 25 at a £1 and keep 50 then go on with life and not necessarily have to follow every second of every game is fantastic.

• @Sol "Sell queues were long, but I would rather have been patient and sell months later".

Putting an offer in above the current buy price and waiting a few weeks to see if that sells is very similar to waiting in the sell queue. Do you not think people need to have a little patience in that same way? It's obviously tricky at the moment with the fluctuations but once that levels out I think that part of the order books works nicely.

• @Brane_Orsou said in Ground zero or not, the market behaviour worries me:

I think FI need to decide what they are, if they are a betting site, then stop fucking around and changing the criteria of bets that have been placed. You don't need Nasdaq and order books or knowledge of stock markets to place a bet.

If you want to be an investment product, fine, have order books, Nasdaq and give guides on stock market trading etc but please stop calling it a bet.

There constant need to change things is driving people around the bend. Like @Sol has said, a competitor who created a similar product to the original Football Index would have a field day at the minute.

I'd come on to write something similar here. We are seeing the changes as 'wait until the whales are onboard', but why would they come?
    If we are talking whales as huge gamblers, why wouldn't they be on here already? There was about 3 years of solid profit before order books.
    If we are talking whales as professional traders, how do you sell the product?
    "it's like normal trading, but prices going up and down, apparently not based on performance at the moment. Also there are divs like you get on trading, but they are exactly the same amount no matter who you buy shares in. We have changed the rules on what those divs are and how they can be got on a pretty regular basis.
    The risks? Well, if your player is still playing football but not in one of these leagues we like, it would be akin to a whole company, its staff and anyone connected with it to all spontaneously combusting. Also, if you hold a player for more than 3 years, you lose everything you invested, but we aren't enforcing that as we haven't got round to datestamping shares"

For any serious big trader to consider it they would expect historic returns to be available on the app, all news listed for each player, a commitment to no changes to pb matrix, more serious data analysis. Even then it's a tough sell as it doesn't operate like a stock market(doesn't ever close, but the staff go home, limits on how many stocks you can buy at a time, there's no information on shares in circulation) and it's more complicated than one

• The way its going you wont have any to sell

• @NewUser182678 any what to sell?