This time next year......

• Hey all, I've never been very prolific on the forum but I have recently been on a bit of a hiatus due to log in issues and being too lazy to sort it but I'm finally back in now.

I've spent some time catching up on recent threads after what happened on Sunday and I have read lots of sensible takes and discussions from the usual cool heads on the forum which have reinforced my own faith in the index.

I have also read some incredibly negative stuff and I must admit I did have a bit of a wobble on Sunday as I'm sure most did. Instead of panicking though I decided to double down and pump the little I could afford to into Pogba shares.

I personally think the Index is a great product and I have loads of fun investing in it, I'll be honest I probably preferred it under the old method before order books but it is still early days and I'm willing to give it a chance. I believe there is tons of room for growth and we should start seeing steady growth again soon once the market settles.

I am curious as to what you all envision for the index this time next year though:

What will be the highest price on the Index and who will it be?

Will the market have settled and will we start seeing steady growth again or is it just an incredibly volatile market now that promotes short term trading?

Will there still be persistent change to the product or will FI just let things settle and let us invest with the knowledge that the product is what it is?

Will the market even exist in a year?

Would love to hear your thoughts on all of the above and anything else relevant.

Cheers all

• This time next year....we'll be millionaires!

• we are in uncertain times but the bottom line is that the intrinsic value of shares has doubled after the dividend revue. A mixture of confusion/ fear of change/market manipulation/ traders who wanted to get out post covid/ huge ipds means that prices have recently become distorted. if the intrinsic value of a share is now more then i cant see past someone ( new traders/big money) filling the price gap. in short i feel the future is rosy

• @TraderJ said in This time next year......:

Let's start with the easy one.

Will the market even exist in a year?

Yes. The company can't really lose at this point. They have crazy amounts of our money and when we sell, they make money, when shares expire, they make money. As bad as things were for customers last week, it was brilliant for the company. Even though people were seeing thousands and in some cases house values wiped off their port, many were reaching for their credit card to top up. Gamblers chase losses all the time and "experienced traders" buy in the dip.

What will be the highest price on the Index and who will it be?

Messi is going to have a year of speculation where people expect him to join Man City in summer. He basically has the Sancho attraction from last year but along the way should pick up a ridiculous amount of dividends. Boosted even more by TOTM. He probably won't be king because of his age but he's arguably... the most reliable bet on the market with a high profile.

Will the market have settled and will we start seeing steady growth again or is it just an incredibly volatile market now that promotes short term trading?

The volatility is spurred on in part by the IPD's, but also because it's a new season with position changes, transfers, new managers, new set piece takers and of course the introduction of the new system. It should settle as folk get used to all of the change but injuries and transfer speculation might cut deeper now than ever. Some players will grow, others will dwindle.

If you're a video gamer, try to think of it like we're in a Battle Royal game... We've all just jumped out of the bus/plane at the beginning and we're off looting everywhere, the circle of opportunity is wide at the minute but as the season progresses, the circle narrows down on the Champions League/Europa/Euro 2021.

Will there still be persistent change to the product or will FI just let things settle and let us invest with the knowledge that the product is what it is?

They have a road map showing that changes are going to be frequent and I'm sure this will keep updating with more and more features as the product evolves. Some will cause crashes, others will cause celebrations. I think we as customers are in the dangerous position where anytime they want a cash injection they'll crash the market by adding something new.

https://trade.footballindex.co.uk/roadmap-0820/

• @Dave-B said in This time next year......:

This time next year....we'll be millionaires!

You know it makes sense Rodders. He who dares, wins.

• Banned

This time next year, prices could have doubled.
    This time next year FI could be bankrupt.

Adam Cole's words, not mine.

• Some very good points there for sure, especially about FI doing incredibly well on the back of all the sales. Potentially we could see some of the cash they have made redistributed back out to us traders in the form of a deposit bonus or such like.

I thought Sunday would be the only time to grab incredible bargains but it seems some players have still remained quite low compared to where they were a few months back. It does seem strange given that dividends have increased TOTM has been added etc so surely there is huge growth to be had now in a lot of the "high end" players since logic suggests that their intrinsic value is higher. I do think market confidence is at an all time low but I am highly intrigued to see the results of their investigation and if there was any manipulation involved.

• @Dan-The-Man I agree Dan. πŸ‘

Over the past 395 days. Start of last season to now (Messi's season is yet to start) so one calendar season - Messi has earned Β£3 in dividends.

Screenshot_20200916-160420.png

On the new dividend structure that would now be Β£6 per annum.

Factor in the TOTM & the in-bound changes to media he could realistically return Β£7+ this season if he plays to the same standard.

Let's say he doesn't..... πŸ‘

You can potentially guarantee (barring injury) he will return Β£4 this season.

He's currently available via the ME at £5.08! 😲

Screenshot_20200916-161042.png

Helped myself to another 50 earlier at £5.03 - I can't stop myself 😳

Screenshot_20200916-161249.png

He could literally pay for himself this season!

• @MrWh1te where has he said this?

• Banned

@Hint in some article.

I paraphrased but basically he said 'we took a risk and if it didn't pay off we would have been bankrupt'.
    As far as I am concerned the jury is still out on that.

I will find link tonight and post, I'm a bit busy atm

• @MrWh1te said in This time next year......:

@Hint in some article.

I paraphrased but basically he said 'we took a risk and if it didn't pay off we would have been bankrupt'.

Bankrupt... he surely means retired on a boat.

They have our money... if the market crashes and nobody wants to buy shares, he keeps all of our money.

• Banned

• Banned

Well no actually, funds are kept in a separate account.

As far as I know (and don't take my word for it, it's not like I made a load of predictions and nearly all have come true), money in accounts are protected.
    Shares are not protected so they will just disappear in a puff of smoke

• @Dan-The-Man said in This time next year......:

@MrWh1te said in This time next year......:

@Hint in some article.

Bankrupt... he surely means retired on a boat.

They have our money... if the market crashes and nobody wants to buy shares, he keeps all of our money.

Absolute bollocks! 🀣

That was in relation to the start up of the business.

FI's finances have never been better. 100% dividend increase, no liability in selling back to the house, the Nasdaq partnership - the comission from all these sales! πŸ’°

They are positively rolling in it!!

• Banned

@Ericali
    Less commission than ever being collected, new money not going in, new shares being created at the lowest ever volume.
    Paying out more % of divs than ever, plus huge advertising and the fees payable for moving with Nasdaq.

FI is bang in trouble.

The forum is full of it. So is slack and Twitter and Facebook.

They are in massive trouble.

• @MrWh1te less commission than ever??? Have you seen the amount of trading between the spreads the index has never been more active and the opportunity for traders has never been higher.

Plus they arent in kind of trouble the beauty of the order book is that once the low offers from panicked traders are matched or delisted prices rise and moods improve. The ones that are panicking and complaining are the smae that are causing the low prices and they dont even realise it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• @Black-Wolf he didn't say less comission did he? 🀣

He knows absolutely nothing & that proves it.

There's more comission than ever atm.

• @Ericali yeah look ill show you πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ§

Less commission than ever being collected, new money not going in, new shares being created at the lowest ever volume.
    Paying out more % of divs than ever, plus huge advertising and the fees payable for moving with Nasdaq.

FI is bang in trouble.

The forum is full of it. So is slack and Twitter and Facebook.

They are in massive trouble.

• @Ericali and the state of footcock, collection values gone to shit , since kammy there’s about 2 more users.

• Banned

@Black-Wolf
    Yes less commission.

People are trading at lower amounts. Many are leaving.

And Ericali, we all know you are reading my threads and just targeting me because you don't have the knowledge or understanding to have a proper discussion.