How to price my sales?

• As someone who has used FI pretty passively, I've been very confused by many of the practices they've implemented over the past few months.

I've taken the decision to sell off my whole portfolio and watch the market for a few weeks/months before deciding whether I have enough faith to put money back into the system, and I want to maximise the money I make when selling players off, aiming for shares to be sold within 24h of being listed.

How should I price my players when selling on the order book? Should I price slightly above their instant sell price? Or is the general lack of demand in the market an indicator that I should just cut my losses and sell whilst I still can, as my portfolio value has dropped from 50% to 9% in a matter of days

• If you really want to sell now I would suggest looking at the instant sell for 1 share, then go up slowly as the bid prices will change.

• Prices seem to be in a trough at this moment in time. Nobody knows how long until the next bounce, my guess is that we will see some comms from FI some point tomorrow which could be worth waiting around for as it will likely boost the market to a higher point than it is now

• @Dakofsta99 rather than sell, if you don't need the money urgently - I recommend you just log out for a month.

Trends can change very quickly.

• @Dakofsta99 if you arent in a rush to sell list above the lowest offers. Theres little depth or volume in orders so it wont be a deep sell queue. Listing low is what is causing all the panic

• @Munchie63 When you say go up slowly wdym? As in list them a few pennies above the current instant sell and hope that someone bids that soon?

• @Ericali said in How to price my sales?:

@Dakofsta99 rather than sell, if you don't need the money urgently - I recommend you just log out for a month.

This has been my mantra throughout the last couple years, but this is a very different situation altogether - I don't think this market decline is like any other

• @Black-Wolf Where do I find the lowest offers?

• @Dakofsta99 said in How to price my sales?:

@Munchie63 When you say go up slowly wdym? As in list them a few pennies above the current instant sell and hope that someone bids that soon?

No I meant click on Instant sell and just leave 1 share......

If offer price is 40p IS may be 42p but only for a few shares.
    If you jump straight in and offer 50 shares that price will probably drop down to 40p

It means not selling all your shares at once but in theory you will get a bit more over time.

As said below though, we're expecting FI to say something pre-weekend to avoid another Sunday sell-off so waiting if you can would be good

• @Dakofsta99 said in How to price my sales?:

@Ericali said in How to price my sales?:

@Dakofsta99 rather than sell, if you don't need the money urgently - I recommend you just log out for a month.

This has been my mantra throughout the last couple years, but this is a very different situation altogether - I don't think this market decline is like any other

Why?

The rewards have never been higher yet the prices lower than the 100% dividend increase.

People need to think long & hard about that... 🤔

If you want to leave, leave - I've never been one to molly-coddle users, but I've a feeling that those who do, will live to regret it.

Free will & all that 👍

• @Dakofsta99 the displayed buy price is the average of the lowest 300 offers so id advise listings above this as it also helps raise your players values

• Speaking from experience of selling some of my port during Brown Sunday and regretting it, I would hold off and make a note of your exit points for each player. The market is a bit shit atm, but the volatility can be used to your advantage. Could be the difference in around 50p per share if you time it right.

Once the game you consider the exit point comes around, just put a reasonable sell offer in and hope for the best. Failing that, slowly IS I guess.

• @Dakofsta99 also though eric is right in what he is saying. The decline in the player prices is completely artificial and very temporary. Many said the previous market price was false and inflated which isnt wrong but the current one is pushed down by very little volume. Going by that buy price that is displayed could be you valuing a players value based of one persons low offer.

Ask yourself why you bought those players in the first place and whats your valuation of them not what one or two others value them at. Too many people following others of a cliff based on a 300 share valuation

• @Black-Wolf .. I have been listing players at the market buy price not the lower IS price in the hope others will do the same haha.. If you are not in a rush to sell it pays to be patient for sure, for example Ive held Runar Runarsson at 15p for a while, I listed 100 at 25p and a hundred at 26p both have sold today.