Ticker question

• Which dictates the sell on the ticker and which dictates the buy?
    I assume a sell is a bid being sold and a buy is an offer being bought? Can someone clarify?
    Clearly the one that dictates the offer being bought up is the one we want to see more of to see our ports then go up again!

• @Shnurgan said in Ticker question:

Which dictates the sell on the ticker and which dictates the buy?
    I assume a sell is a bid being sold and a buy is an offer being bought? Can someone clarify?
    Clearly the one that dictates the offer being bought up is the one we want to see more of to see our ports then go up again!

A buy on the ticker is a sell order going through, a sell is an accumulation of bids being accepted (instant sell)

• I asked this previously. I don't know if I'm being stupid but a bid being matched is the exact same as a share offer being matched surely? My head is mashed today to be fair

• @Shippers thanks. So as I thought then.
    Sadly seeing more sells on the ticker than buys.
    Bit confused as to why everyone has suddenly devalued there players so much with not only low offers but accepting lower bids still!

• @Shnurgan said in Ticker question:

@Shippers thanks. So as I thought then.
    Sadly seeing more sells on the ticker than buys.
    Bit confused as to why everyone has suddenly devalued there players so much with not only low offers but accepting lower bids still!

Trader confidence is a little low although remember every instant sell is actually another trader buying so its not like money isn't being thrown around.

• @AndydfopT said in Ticker question:

I asked this previously. I don't know if I'm being stupid but a bid being matched is the exact same as a share offer being matched surely? My head is mashed today to be fair

@AndydfopT and @Shnurgan see below, hopefully this 3 year olds amateur pic i just did will help.

20200916_215238.jpg

• I think it's a poor idea showing instant sells. This is not encouraging any market buys. If I see someone I want to buy, being instant sold I would just throw in an offer as I would have a good knowledge of what the top bid was and a realistic chance of getting a bid accepted. Does anyone have a good argument for why instant sells should be shown on the ticker?

• @Shippers im there mate, nice one

• @JT4PAFC I just don’t get why people are selling instant through other people’s bids when they now have the capacity to get out of a player at a higher offer sale and state what they want for him.
    Until everyone realises that and acts on it then the markets going to keep going down as everyone is selling through bids and under cutting the offers.
    That and FI need to change the average offers setting the player prices at like 5000 or more rather than 300

• @Shnurgan

Because some people are stupid.

The same people who buy futures on a gambling website and expect them to only increase in price.

• @ocs123 I have another question for anyone. What happens to the buy price if no one has the play up for offer?

• @Shnurgan

I believe FI step in and offer a ‘buy price’, as they are still able to mint new shares when there is sufficient demand for them.

• They just need market buy and bid buy and put both in green.
    Simple things.