sell now to avoid potential end of september carnage?

• have only been on here a few months and witnessed nothing but chaos. first adding the keepers then the order books, sunday and now just a general market drain. my timing is terrible! i actually sold up after the keepers as i dont like rule changes after i invest. bought back in doing proper research on pb players etc but now (at the moment) looks like a waste of time.
    its bad now but by october 1st it could be dreadful. if its like this with these 5x ipds on offer then once they disappear well who knows how bad it could get. and most on here think the people running the show are dithering idiots so it could be a perfect storm.
    im reluctant to sell up again as i think i would buy back in at some point once the product stabilises and no one wants to take a nasty hit. but if it is going to sink by another 25%+ then selling now doesnt seem so bad.

• @NewUser628679 the 5x ipd's are part of the problem bud. Once they're gone, we should see some stability and rises, especially on trusted pb players.

• @Jimbob where does that leave the other 95% however?

• @trig said in sell now to avoid potential end of september carnage?:

@Jimbob where does that leave the other 95% however?

Some will rise as they achieve their potential to compete with established div winners, some will rise as they win MB, some will remain shite. Ipd's have still been doubled compared to before the 5x bonus, as have other div's, and these are what drive the market.

• i hope the 5x ipds are part of the issue. but double divs and 5x ipds and its still tanking, many will be worried. i will probably let the drop run its course and ride it out. besides the fact i think i have some good value players which if i sold at current prices would feel dirty, much lower like robbery.

• @NewUser628679 You want to sell now and then you say you will ride it out🤔🤪
    How about taking a time out as scaremongering posts are not helping anyone.
    Many posters talking sense and logic on here so maybe listen to those with more experience and knowledge than you or i.

• im torn really and a bit frustrated as ive witnessed three market crashes already. 1 a month thats some average! look i really like the idea which is why ive shovelled money in and want to stay. but i dont want it to be like a stock market with high volatility. we need stability and fast, the fools running the show need to wake up.

• @NewUser628679 said in sell now to avoid potential end of september carnage?:

im torn really and a bit frustrated as ive witnessed three market crashes already. 1 a month thats some average! look i really like the idea which is why ive shovelled money in and want to stay. but i dont want it to be like a stock market with high volatility. we need stability and fast, the fools running the show need to wake up.

5x ipd's ends, Nasdaq tech is introduced, stability ensues.

• @NewUser628679 ..FI have done a great job getting to this point, but messed up big time with allowing the lowest 300 shares dictate the price without fully educating all traders on how the mechanism works and without adding market depth at the same time

Once they resolve this cock up and add market depth then it will all settle down again..Till then fill up your boots with as many bargains as you can afford as once things settle down and the platform starts to grow again, you won't see a significant discount like this till the next market crash

Of course, the market will crash again at some point in the future, as this is how markets work. They work off peoples emotion and sure as fuck people will panic again and cause a stampede for the exit door which in turn allows an opportunity for newcomers to join the party and then off we go again with the same cycle

• @Karl said in sell now to avoid potential end of september carnage?:

@NewUser628679 ..FI have done a great job getting to this point, but messed up big time with allowing the lowest 300 shares dictate the price without fully educating all traders on how the mechanism works and without adding market depth at the same time

Once they resolve this cock up and add market depth then it will all settle down again..Till then fill up your boots with as many bargains as you can afford as once things settle down and the platform starts to grow again, you won't see a significant discount like this till the next market crash

Of course, the market will crash again at some point in the future, as this is how markets work. They work off peoples emotion and sure as fuck people will panic again and cause a stampede for the exit door which in turn allows an opportunity for newcomers to join the party and then off we go again with the same cycle

Exactly. At times like this you buy not sell. A lot of people are doing the opposite and buying high and selling low, thats the opposite of how you make money trading. Football fans have always been fickle, fling us into a trading environment and there was always going to be some twitchy moments. 😂

• @Black-Wolf tell me about it. Football fans make terrible traders- overly emotional and jump ship at the first sign of trouble 😂 in the real stock market they would get eaten A.L.I.V.E

• @Black-Wolf I show some of my mates FI and from what they tell me its clear FI isnt for them.

Soon as a player dips into the neg on my port, they tell me I should be selling them. They dont understand why thats a terrible idea.....

• @Kanzz yeah some of my friends tried FI and thought the old Monday sell offs were too volatile for them. I think they would be having heart attacks on what has just happened!!

• @Valhalla said in sell now to avoid potential end of september carnage?:

@Black-Wolf tell me about it. Football fans make terrible traders- overly emotional and jump ship at the first sign of trouble 😂 in the real stock market they would get eaten A.L.I.V.E

To be fair the real stock market isn't that difficult.

Invest in trackers x amount per month and leave it no matter what. Same amount every month. Just have to mentally condition yourself not to touch anything regardless of what is on the news

• @Tom7471 Some of my mates couldnt stomach to look at my dip when its my money, never mind with their own money lol.

It is fucking nuts tho, nobody can deny that. You need a strong stomach for right now, balls of steel even. (a pic of my profit graph)
    decline2.jpeg

Really tho I have faith in FI and know its a tough time and im trying to do my best to calm people as some are in real panic, but I do worry the damge this is doing to FI reputation.

Theres volatile then there is whatever the fuck this shit is lol........
    PR and having people on your side is very important when you are trying to launch something off the ground.

• @SDOAFIT said in sell now to avoid potential end of september carnage?:

@Valhalla said in sell now to avoid potential end of september carnage?:

@Black-Wolf tell me about it. Football fans make terrible traders- overly emotional and jump ship at the first sign of trouble 😂 in the real stock market they would get eaten A.L.I.V.E

To be fair the real stock market isn't that difficult.

Invest in trackers x amount per month and leave it no matter what. Same amount every month. Just have to mentally condition yourself not to touch anything regardless of what is on the news

I’m thinking more day trading. They would have to change their pants 5 times a day! 🤓

• The good news I’ve just rustled up £6k to invest. The bad news is everyone’s asleep now and can’t accept my bids. Tbh, the buy now offers are so cheap I might go with them. Always giving back, me 😄 bloody philanthropist

• Absolute garbage manipulated move by index everything bleeding out am pulling my plug soon I can't afford to risk big monies

• @NewUser267873 said in sell now to avoid potential end of september carnage?:

Absolute garbage manipulated move by index everything bleeding out am pulling my plug soon I can't afford to risk big monies

So is it fi's fault that you gambled more than you can afford lose?