My NEW video on what FI should do next

• @Tom7471 you seem like a nice chap but there was no solutions there, in fact you made me feel worse lol

• @AndydfopT sorry bud but it was meant to help. Liquidity is the big issue. With liquidity what has been happening with the constant drops can't happen. We don't even need the 300 shares situation changing or market depth. Just liquidity and lots of it.

• @Tom7471 just seen your video, it’s a pretty fair assessment of the market imo. I also agree with @AndydfopT it hasn’t filled me with any hope that things will get better.

NOTE TO ANYONE WANTING TO WATCH THIS AT 1am - DONT!! 😂

Watch it over a coffee and breakfast as @Tom7471 makes some valid statements for us all to consider. 👍🏼

• Very fair and level headed video tbh.

The only thing that kind of helps me when it comes to FI is they are cashflow rich.
    Cashflow is almost more important than profit lol.

However I do feel that is one of the main problems, just not enough money moving about, im almost tempted to cash out my bitcoins lol.

• @Tom7471 said in My NEW video on what FI should do next:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVMKyqVqMl0&feature=youtu.be

hope you enjoy

I've seen most of your videos Tom. That's by far the best one to date. I loved the horse racing story (and would enjoy hearing more of those anecdotes). The article that you read was good too, it gave the video a solid focus. I agreed with 95% of what was said in the video and feel like I've been saying the same things ever since FI announced the ME system. One bit I didn't agree with, is the idea that this is a mistake on FI's part and I think this is actually really important.

Fiduciary Duty
    The CEO of a company has a fiduciary duty to the company's shareholders. We are buying imaginary shares and the person who can crash our share price at any given point in time simply by changing the rules of the game... makes profit for his shareholders by doing it.

Removing IS, didn't just remove the Index's risk... it put customers interest at odds with the company's interests.

Should FI want to take profits, or make the opportunities look more appealing during a heavy marketing push, Adam simply has to crash the market. One could argue, that Adam Cole, was looking after his shareholders by crashing the market.

When Were Customers Interest Ever Aligned With The Company's?
    In order to make prices more appealing to new comers, FI have previously used share-splits. Under the old system this was highly preferable to crashing the market because if they had crashed the market when IS existed, we would have sold out at the top (to FI) then bought back in at the bottom to catch the rise. They would have been buying high and selling low. Share-splits let them achieve their goal of lowering prices whilst raising the opportunity for customers.

Sounds Perfect, Why Change?
    Prices were already getting to the point where a new share-split was needed BUT the last split happened just 18 months ago and that means some traders would have huge amounts of shares, increasing FI's dividend liability significantly.

Imagine the guy who bought 1,000 Messi before the share spit, he's currently got 3,000 and another share split would have pushed that to 9,000. If he scored a hatrick with 10p IPD's, on a gold day, you're talking 63p + a chance at TOTM x 9000, that's a £5.6k return.

In order to make prices more appealing to new comers now that there's no IS, they can just crash the market. It's an almost perfect solution for them.

• They take all the profit from commission during the sell off.
    • Reducing the demand on low end players because guys like Pogba are suddenly cheap.
    • Low End players then can't be sold so the shares expire which is more profit for FI.
    • Traders can't really get out without taking huge losses so they stick around.
    • Anyone looking at the market see's a huge opportunity given the crashed prices

Benefits Of Low Liquidity Periods For FI
    In a period of low liquidity, a good promotion, spikes deposits.

In video games like FIFA. EA (the games company) will deliberately kill liquidity in FIFA's market, then they create an opportunity that's too good for traders to miss out on, which in turn encourages those traders with cash in their banks to make deposits. When the market crashed the other night, we saw traders make huge deposits to take advantage of the new prices, which is why the market recovered slightly.

This whole thing has worked out perfect for FI. It can't just be accidental luck on their part. So I don't think Adam Cole is making mistakes... I just think he's working a cross purposes to traders and that is incredibly worrying.

What are the downsides for him? Some of us are pissed off... what can we do about it? With the obvious opportunities in the market, even if you left, you'd be kicking yourself.... even though you know, you're only winning back the money they just took from you. Those of us who are pissed off, will be drowned out by the people who are beaming with enthusiasm for their new opportunity. A twitter storm that will be made to look like a storm in a tea-cup when history is rewritten by the winners? "People panicked but I persevered now I'm 200% up" It's not like those who didn't "panic" but still lost all of their money will be coming back to tell the tail. We'll only hear from the winnners.

• Enjoyed the video, straight to the point. The good thing in all of this is that FI have been generous enough to let us be in charge of the market and because we are not stupid and theres too much supply and not enough demand we are driving prices right down in order to suck the most out of them. It will all work out in the end, it is just going to take some time to play out

• @Sol haha I would have put it out earlier (filmed at 1130am) but it took nearly 9 hours to upload!! Hope you are feeling better this morning

• @Kanzz completely agree about being cash rich and yeah that must be less worrying for others knowing they could try and find a way to fix things with cash.

• @Dan-The-Man thanks for watching and really appreciate the feedback.

Very interesting points about them crashing there own market. I have never given FI enough credit in potentially being able to manipulate there own market. I always just thought that they were just lazy and too chilled out in there approach to FI. You could be right and if you are it's a horrible situation for us users right now because nothing can ever be the same and they could crash the market at any point.

For me I don't understand why they didn't start football index in the kind of style that is now and the index would be booming but because they started it with such small prices they made lots of people a fortune and now how left us with a low liquidity market with some traders owning good chunks in the market.

What do you think when Adam Cole said that he isn't taking any profit from the company yet?

@Sol haha I would have put it out earlier (filmed at 1130am) but it took nearly 9 hours to upload!! Hope you are feeling better this morning

All good 😊 have a great day mate 👍🏼

• Tom always enjoy these so about to listen... had to pause it after the first 3 seconds tho… something is wrong...

"Hi I'm Thomas Moran, I'd like to...."

Mate what happened? did you retire??!?!?!
    it should be;

"Hi. I'm Thomas Moran and I'm a professional gambler, id like to..."

• @Tom7471 good video and you make some good points, i do wonder if because of whats happended its not completly a low liquidity issue rather more trader greed although i will say we need more liquidity providers/market makers. People know they can place a bid and probably get a player 10-20p cheaper (player depedent of course) especially after Sunday so firstly don't necessarily offer a good competitive bid. Saturday it felt like i had to offer a real competitive bid or just buy at the buy price and things were improving a little whereas it now feels gone back to two steps. Plenty of IS's going through the ticker at some crazy prices!

• @Coriolanus hahaha I get ribbed for saying that on twitter so I have stopped :-)

• @Shippers yeah its still early days and there is a lot of panic and no word from FI which isn't good but a lot of liquidity would have stopped a lot of what has happened recently. Money would be moved around a lot more.

@Shippers yeah its still early days and there is a lot of panic and no word from FI which isn't good but a lot of liquidity would have stopped a lot of what has happened recently. Money would be moved around a lot more.

No I'm sure they know by now what caused it so not sure why the radio silence. i personally don't think it was anything malicious, just trader panic cause by the volatile 300 share movement. Do you not think money is being moved around? Although people aren't buying at the buy price doesn't mean there isn't liquidity so to speak. I think alot of the movement is in the bid zone, we see alot of IS going on which shows people are techincally buying just trader greed is getting the better of us (I've done it myself) to put in a cheeky bid to see if it matches rather than just go for the buy price. Not saying market makers, liquidity providers won't help of course they would. One of the main benefits of them I'd think is it would being confidence to the market to just go for the buy price rather than bidding. Traders would trust and feel comfortable trading again similair to before.

• @Shippers I don't think there is a lot of money moving about as everyone is wanting to be as cheeky as they can with there bids rather than us just having one way to purchase a player. I also think there is a lot of player corrections happening at the moment which will see some drops but if the confidence is restored that will go back into some value players. I think a lot of traders are pot commited into FI and don't have loads of money to put back in right now.

@Coriolanus hahaha I get ribbed for saying that on twitter so I have stopped :-)

Nah, wrong time to stop. That's when you've found a hook. "Like Sarah Dichey, rhymes with Peachy. "

You should be having T-shirts made with "I'm a professional gambler" lean into it.

@Dan-The-Man thanks for watching and really appreciate the feedback.

I have never given FI enough credit in potentially being able to manipulate there own market.

People rarely get the credit they deserve for their intelligence. Think about way the current leaders of US/UK are spoken about as morons on a daily basis.... it's not because they're idiots, it's that their goals weren't to lead the country... their goals were to get elected. Subtle difference.

it's a horrible situation for us users right now because nothing can ever be the same and they could crash the market at any point.

That's what I'm wrestling with every day. There's no trust now. Like they've just made those changes to fix the problems their last changes caused. So what happens when these cause even more problems? Why isn't there a BETA test site where they can test all of this with user feedback.

For me I don't understand why they didn't start football index in the kind of style that is now

If they had, guys like me would never have put our money in.

I don't walk into a bookies and drop £300 on the chance that Bundesliga 2 player Lee Jae-sung gets a move to a top 5 league. I'd probably get significantly better odds right? But I'd throw £300 in to a 10p player, knowing that I can get £280 back in the worst case scenario but in the best case I can get potentially thousands back, which is how I grew my port on here.

What do you think when Adam Cole said that he isn't taking any profit from the company yet?

I built and became the CEO of a fairly sizeable company, probably a good bit bigger than FI in terms of staff/operations. I did that the better part of a decade and with exception to my salary, I didn't touch the profits. My partner who was the main financier of the company, didn't even take a salary. So I think it's highly possible.

• @Dan-The-Man I completely agree with everything you say. In regards to gambling, when you bet on a player transferring you can get really good odds. My friend is a massive palace fan and he gave me tips on benteke to come to them 3-1, Warnock to come back at 16-1 and I had £200 and £50 on those and made a good chunk on both of those. The risk reward is really good. If they didn't come in then I lose £250 but on the flip side of it I made £1400 profit and very quickly. If you backed benteke on the index you would have been lucky for £200 on benteke to have made £100 over a year. They are completely different products but both involve a lot of gambling.