ronaldo drop

• Evening all,

Just wondered peoples thoughts on why ronaldo is seeing a drop recently? dropped significantly in the last month with seemingly all the good stuff still to come i.e. CL final, possible transfer rumours, World Cup.

I do hold him. Not worried by his drop but always try to understand what the market is thinking. i.e. why are people selling?

• @NewUser115892 he is out of form IMO. Thats the reason i think. If you have seen the games against bayern then you should know why he dropped.

• @NewUser38991

Prior to the bayern double header, he had scored 23 goals in 13 games. Hardly 'out of form' as you suggest.

The run of difficult games (bayern twice and Barca at the weekend) mean that he will find it harder to win player buzz, and with Mo Salah winning the majority of media buzz last month, I'd say this is why his price is falling.

It's nothing to worry about, and he will pick up again in the near future.

• @NewUser115892 people could potentially be cashing out before the World Cup. As far as I can remember he's never scored more than 1 goal at a World Cup and why would that change in his possibly final World Cup at 33. Knowing Ronnie though if you sell he'll have a stormer, win the golden boot and lead Portugal to the WC Final.

• @MrFrenchTickler

9 goals in total at 4 European championship Finals.
    1 goal at 3 separate World Cup Finals
    81 goals in 149 appearances.

If Portugal are to do anything at the tournament, he will be crucial. Ronnie has already shown he can lead his international team to glory.

It's your turn now messi ...

• @MrFrenchTickler - he dragged Portugal to the Euros title 2 years ago so nothing is impossible where he's concerned

• @NewUser38991 said in ronaldo drop:

@NewUser115892 he is out of form IMO. Thats the reason i think. If you have seen the games against bayern then you should know why he dropped.

This amazes me, look at his goal record in the 2nd half of the season right up until the Bayern games. 2 games without obliterating someone and he is out of form lol. I'm not having a pop at you btw mate im just highlighting how on another level he is as is considered to be out of form for not scoring in two games in a row. Madness.

• I'm down £1.17 a future on Ronaldo haha! No panic though, CL final, few treble media buzz days, WC and Madrid will strengthen next season to try win La Liga, he will rise again

• All the elite players had a dip after the UCL QFs. It was a market correction after an extended rise. Taking profits

• @ChintzyMoon it all depends how we define out of form (and which time frame). I expect from a player like Ronaldo that he scores goals in such important games. But his performence was really bad. His best shot in the game in munich was a shot to the corner flag. And in the game in madrid he didnt even shoot a goal out of 5 meters.....

• Triple MB coming up and it will all be about Salah v Ronaldo in the build up to the Champions League final. I’ve topped up mine. Price right now is a bargain!

• @NewUser38991 said in ronaldo drop:

@ChintzyMoon it all depends how we define out of form (and which time frame). I expect from a player like Ronaldo that he scores goals in such important games. But his performence was really bad. His best shot in the game in munich was a shot to the corner flag. And in the game in madrid he didnt even shoot a goal out of 5 meters.....

I guess so but surely he is entitled to have bad games without "being out of form" but thats my point, people "expect" him to score in every important game, all games in fact, he is graded on a different curve. Mo Salah didn't score against Roma on Wednesday night and was equally poor, is he then also out of form?

There's a big game coming up this weekend, so should Ronaldo score against Barca you would consider him to be back in form correct?

• Ronaldo off form lately but I'm still glad I got 16/1 on top scorer and Real to win the Champions League.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.