Another day of silence from FI towers !

• I think we won't hear any kind of statement for FI yet again ... they are actually irritating everyone stop buying and selling stagnate the whole thing till they tell us something for as long as they are making money they don't care about our ports it is a business and rightfully they don't see the problem for as long as they get their 2% commision

• Just tweeted this;

5f499707-4e2a-441d-861b-e43faa629e99-image.png

*user

I'm not saying they must change things - but with the almost unanimous opinion that they have got things wrong , at least give us a statement of whether this is the finished product or not.

We can then each make an informed assessment of whether this is the right platform for us.

• I have to agree. I've had my portfolio hit by another £250+ today, which considering I was over £300 down from the initial after the storm settled.

Invested over £3,200 and this is a hard hit, knocked my £400 profit and sitting £600 in the negative!

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat most days, just checking it isn't going to happen again haha!

• Exactly I dont expect them to sort it instantly but at least let us know what is the plan and that they acknowledged the dissent or acknowledged that the platform isn't working instead they are counting their commission coming in

• There are things they could do to make the market more stable and promote growth.

But I’m concerned that a lot of the people complaining don’t appear to understand how a market works. Basically they are saying: My holds are dropping in price, please intervene and stop this from happening.

But that is not how an open market or full order book system works.

Ultimately if more people are trying to sell your player than buy, then his price is highly likely to fall. But if you think things are terrible and want to get out of falling holds, why should anyone else be trying to buy those players and push up their values?

Constantly moaning about falling prices will prove to be a self fulfilling prophecy.

• We already know that depth of market is coming soon which should be a significant change.
    Unfortunately this is another feature that will be "delivered in stages" which I think is a large part of the problem with FI updates. We are also expecting new media and new style IPOs.

If FI haven't got anything interesting/relevant to say in addition then I'd rather they say nothing than make a pointless statement just to placate people. For example, take the statement about Sundays crash. FI basically said they didn't know what happened - but if it happened again they may or may not suspend the market (at some undefined point).

• @ocs123 but I qm not personally moaning about my portfolio falling ,the market is in a terrible shape ,the thing is in a healthy market there are people that make money and loose money while here at the moment everyone is loosing money ! They fucked up is simple as that ,i like the index and i qm not going anywhere in fact I haven't sold anyone because I believe in my holds if and when the market recovers, but it is undeniable that if they dont act fast people will leave qnd take their money (whats left of it ) with them and after that don't matter how good our holds are if people see football index as high risk qnd there is not trust we will be stick with our wonderful holds which will be worthless without buyers ....

• @ocs123 said in Another day of silence from FI towers !:

There are things they could do to make the market more stable and promote growth.

But I’m concerned that a lot of the people complaining don’t appear to understand how a market works. Basically they are saying: My holds are dropping in price, please intervene and stop this from happening.

Ultimately if more people are trying to sell your player than buy, then his price is highly likely to fall. But if you think things are terrible and want to get out of falling holds, why should anyone else be trying to buy those players and push up their values?

Constantly moaning about falling prices will prove to be a self fulfilling prophecy.

Sorry mate, but they arent moaning for moaning sake, or moaning because a couple of players are down.

They are moaning because the system that dictates the price is absolutely flawed!

I am massively in favour of people screaming from the rooftops how pissed off they are (for once it isnt me haha!) because this is the ONLY way FI ever learn and respond.

I watch Twitter from the sidelines and the FI community are doing a good job. It will be a short matter of time before FI announce something I am pretty sure :)

There are things they could do to make the market more stable and promote growth.

Ultimately if more people are trying to sell your player than buy, then his price is almost certain to fall. Constantly moaning about falling prices will be a self fulfilling prophecy.

Have to say I agree.

The product isn't finished yet, a quick look through this will confirm as much:

https://trade.footballindex.co.uk/roadmap-0820/

We are due a further explanation from FI (as they promised one in their statement on Monday), but some users are seemingly putting the onus solely on FI, which I disagree with.

I've always struggled to comprehend how many people haven't bothered to read the basic rules. I think we've all seen the queries on here before asking things like 'why didn't I get paid for my defender keeping a clean sheet?'. 'Why didn't I get paid for my player scoring in the Dutch league yesterday?' etc etc. Before sticking money in, you have a duty to yourself to understand what you're betting on, and I fear these types of people are paying the price more now and I don't agree that FI have a duty to unconditionally help these types of people out.

For the avoidance of any doubt, I am not suggesting the opening poster or anyone else in this thread is one of these people. More an observation that people will happily enjoy the volatility where their portfolio flies up, and will financially over expose themselves and relentlessly pump, but then want/demand help when things go wrong.

• @NewUser565183 have you guys realised that we always say this "when this will be implemented it will get better " or "it is coming soon" we basically spent almost a year waiting for the next part of something.... sorry a bit of shit day tbh i would like to just get on with it and if I make bad trades I qm happy to loose money through MY bad trades and make money through MY good trades ,but I am afraid I am not happy with the lack of communication from FI .... all they need to do is to give q fucking Date so people can down look at what is going on instead qnother 250 down that makes it up to 1300 in a week %21 of my port .... and luckily this is disposable income but that doesn't mean that I should just throw it in the bin just because is disposable! I am worried for the platform I am not being against it if that makes sense

• @Yellow I know the rules and I know the product isn't complete it is never complete .... wr have spent a year waiting always for the next stage of something 🤣😂

• I'm hearing alot of talk about how FI don't understand their own product.

I have to disagree with this statement.

They know exactly what they are doing and they know exactly what is happening. They refer to what is going on as a 'market correction'.

The plan seems to be to allow prices to fall to rock bottom and thereafter introduce Nasdaq and show full buy/sell depth of orders.

When this occurs, the green light will be given and the platform will have everything in place to fully function and thrive.

I'm looking at the price of certain players and I haven't seen value like this since I joined years ago.

The dividend rewards now on offer are unreal. The bet lasts three years. Stop living in the moment. Lose the short termism and think big picture.

Could it be the case that the current situation absolutely suits the Index as a company?

Firstly, there will be several long term Neymar and Co. holders that will have panic sold their futures, having previously bought at ridiculously low prices, when the company was in its infancy. A massive weight off FI's shoulders.

Secondly, they are making a shitload in commission from all the panicked activity.

Finally, with all the top players at almost rock bottom prices, market makers will be able to buy up the bargains on behalf of the Index and thereafter sell them back to us punters when the platform is flying again ... buy low, sell high. The basic fundamentals of any successful stock market trader.

My advice to other users is to either sit on your hands or put your money where your mouth is.

Expect no further announcement or interference from FI Towers, other than to introduce Nasdaq in the coming weeks.

When that occurs, the market and platform will fly. Just wait and see.

What can they do to promote growth?

When order book is introduced, FI actually have less control. Before they can simply increase the spread to stop the market crash, but now they cannot do it as traders are deciding the price. Another promotion? - is that sustained or another big crash when the promotion ends. Div increases? Did they just do that twice in the last two months?

• @johnboywalker Can you explain how the Nasdad and the present of sell/buy depth can save the product?

• @Yellow said in Another day of silence from FI towers !:

I've always struggled to comprehend how many people haven't bothered to read the basic rules. I think we've all seen the queries on here before asking things like 'why didn't I get paid for my defender keeping a clean sheet?'. 'Why didn't I get paid for my player scoring in the Dutch league yesterday?' etc etc. Before sticking money in, you have a duty to yourself to understand what you're betting on, and I fear these types of people are paying the price more now and I don't agree that FI have a duty to unconditionally help these types of people out.

I've found this baffling myself. If you invest in anything you've got to read the T&Cs and understand the rules. It's pure laziness on their part. It's like they want experienced traders to do the work for them.

• @johnboywalker it all makes perfect sense apart from the fact that none of us can say that once the product is finished the market will recover if people take their money out will be less money in the market and less people will be willing to join as words spread real fast and people that already left are telling people how much money they lost on here and how bad it was for them that doesn't sound appealing to a potential new trader does it ?

• @R9inter said in Another day of silence from FI towers !:

@Yellow I know the rules and I know the product isn't complete it is never complete .... wr have spent a year waiting always for the next stage of something 🤣😂

Yeah sorry, re-read my post and realised it might have indicated I was making a dig your way, which I wasn't. I've added a bit on the end now.

I was just providing a view point nobody asked for 😄

• @Victory said in Another day of silence from FI towers !:

@johnboywalker Can you explain how the Nasdad and the present of sell/buy depth can save the product?

There are others that can explain this much better than me. I'll pass you onto my most trusted Forum Nasdaq scientist @Black-Wolf ...

But in short, because we cannot see the depth of orders, we are being fooled into believing that the market is crashing and users understandably begin to panic.

Because of this, a few snowflakes have made a snowball that eventually turned into an avalanche.

• Nasdaq or not, the platform isn't going anywhere with the current state of twitter, trustpilot etc.

I dread to think how many searches of #footballindex on twitter have resulted in prospective new users running a mile - this is just the beginning of what will be a huge slump in new users joining if FI don't address the concerns of the current user base.

You can argue all day about FI not being obliged to address users concerns, they shouldn't have deposited so much, should've read the rules etc but social media is FIs most powerful marketing tool - they are allowing it to become it's biggest threat.

• @R9inter I find FI are good at responding to email. Ive had a couple of issues during my time here and find they respond quite quickly to emails I have sent them. I'd recommend popping your issue down on an email and sending it to them bud.