Another day of silence from FI towers !

• @ScouseSte

The system isn't flawed. It could benefit from some improvements to make it more stable and increase customer confidence.

But the simple fact is that prices are falling (in general) because more people want to sell than buy. That is how a market should work.

This highly volatile market will boom and create great huge opportunities to profit, as soon as attitudes change and the number of buyers exceeds sellers. Those endlessly complaining about falling prices are shooting themselves in the foot and delaying the massive growth period that will inevitably come in 3/6/9/12 months (whenever it is).

You are probably right though that FI will announce something soon. If it increases confidence and encourages more buying than selling, great!

• @R9inter

I've lost 25%, so you're in good (or bad) company!

• @ScouseSte do us all a favour and time out buddy u know it makes sense lol

• Just thinking out loud here, but perhaps this situation is being exacerbated by the fact FI have morphed their identity again...

When I joined, FI was very much an investment vehicle (its the only reason I joined).
    A month later, they introduced IPD's and got a load of execs on board from regular bookies. That was the start of it steering towards more of a gambling platform with greater "instant wins". This clearly attracted a lot more traditional gambler types. Us old farts had to suck it up and adapt, which we begrudgingly did.

The following 18 months saw new sign-ups increased massively, clearly coming from a particular betting background.
    Short-termism has been the order of the day, still evident now with the 5xIPD promo, and new traders lapped it up.

But these new type of FI customers are now perhaps feeling that once the 5xIPD promo is over and NASDAQ come on board, its not quite the product for them.
    Just like us "investor types" were livid in 2018 when IPD's came in and devalued our holds initially, it seems the worm has turned and now we are heading back to a more investment based platform which is putting Billy Quick-Win right off!

In short, perhaps this market crash and mass exodus was inevitable as many of the traditional gambler types with no patience jump ship, soon to be replaced by whales with large appetites (once things settle and Nasdaq come on board). Plus, the prices are far more attractive now arent they, especially when you look at the divs in comparison!

• @Chris-J
    @R9inter

I do not doubt that they are potentially harming the reputation of the company in the short term.

I know they might lose quite a few users. I am concerned about this also.

But I think they are aiming for big money traders and are willing to sacrifice a few of us impatient, low level degenerate gamblers in order to make the platform more appealing to Olly, the stereotypical London stock market trader and his moneybag 'friends'. 不

Once the platform is flying, the negative reviews will be changed or drowned out by positivity and history will be written by the victors.

• @Carboney said in Another day of silence from FI towers !:

@ScouseSte do us all a favour and time out buddy u know it makes sense lol

haha i DID! The day after the crash! And it recovered!
    Only a 48hr one though, so sorry thats why it crashed again :(

I cant time out now with Bayern playing tomorrow and a gold day Saturday mate! Maybe next week, just hold on till then mate :D

• @Victory said in Another day of silence from FI towers !:

@johnboywalker Can you explain how the Nasdad and the present of sell/buy depth can save the product?

Heres an example the problem lack of visible depth causes. Today i bought 10 robert Skov and immediately listed them for 50p above, this raised his buy price 1p. What that tells me is that the lowest 300 offers are spread over at least 50p because my offer 50p over made it into the lowest 300 average. If i bought 300 his price would immediately rise 50p at the least.

Now if we could see that depth offers wouldnt be as spread out and as low and we wouldnt find the drops as frightening because it would be easy to see there was no mass sell off just 300 shares listed very low.

Instead of panic we would have people looking at all these prices as bargains and not a crash. The shares on offer would be bought up quickly as people realised how thin the offers were. On the other hand a player with a huge volume of shares may raise questions as to why so many want to sell.

In short it allows you read the demand of the entire market not just one or two traders listing 300 shares

• @Marksandygill I havent sold a single share 不不不

• After the promise of order books, NASDAQ is becoming the new market elixir. Improved technology will help but it will not fix everything.

• @Black-Wolf

Spot on mate, thanks.

Think of it like this ... you are stuck on a cruise ship, locked in your cabin with no window and no way of exiting.

There is a bloke running up and down the corridors telling you that he can smell smoke.

Shortly after, another voice pipes up that they heard someone else mention a fire in the floor above.

You can't go out and check. You can't make your own assessment. You can't do anything.

Fight or fight mode kicks in.

Now the choice appears to be, take a load of pills and end it all peacefully or wait for the inevitable flames to engulf your cabin where you WILL die a horrible, horrible death.

All of a sudden, the ships captain unlocks all the doors ... turns out Pepe the cabin boy burnt his toast and set off the smoke alarms ...

The moral of the story??

Fuck knows ... you tell me, I just like a good nautical analogy. 不

• @johnboywalker I think thats the first time I've understood what's going on - more nautical analogies.

• @Rocky-Raccoon it wont fix everything no, largely because a lot of traders dont understand whats going on and still wont understand it with Nasdaq. They will have made up their minds and want to leave but with Nasdaq in place those of us that choose to stay or learn how it works will buy the shares of those that want to leave over time and the market will recover very very quickly

• @howsthebacon said in Another day of silence from FI towers !:

@johnboywalker I think thats the first time I've understood what's going on - more nautical analogies.

If anyone asks you what the hell is going on with the platform, I expect you to now tow the party line ...

'Pepe burnt the toast mate'

• @johnboywalker shares in Pepe plummet

• @howsthebacon right now many people feel like they are being told to bend over and look for the golden rivet... :)

• Two questions.
    When is NASDAQ coming in?
    Why did they start this without them?

• @Black-Wolf said in Another day of silence from FI towers !:

@Rocky-Raccoon it wont fix everything no, largely because a lot of traders dont understand whats going on and still wont understand it with Nasdaq. They will have made up their minds and want to leave but with Nasdaq in place those of us that choose to stay or learn how it works will buy the shares of those that want to leave over time and the market will recover very very quickly

Exactly, and I think the queue of people who want to leave regardless is much longer than people anticipated. The crash on Sunday didn't help things but I also don't think it has changed anything for a large number of users who want to leave the platform for whatever other non-market reasons.

• @Julian-Noble said in Another day of silence from FI towers !:

Three questions.
    When is NASDAQ coming in?
    Why did they start this without them?

One question

What happened to the third question?

• @Rocky-Raccoon yes and the money to raise prices back up is minimal its nothing compared to the old system, so we have a small window of opportunity to buy cheap for the future. Those of us that stay are in for some very tasty looking portfolios which then leads to FOMO and even higher prices

• @ocs123 said in Another day of silence from FI towers !:

@ScouseSte

The system isn't flawed. It could benefit from some improvements to make it more stable and increase customer confidence.

But the simple fact is that prices are falling (in general) because more people want to sell than buy. That is how a market should work.

This highly volatile market will boom and create great huge opportunities to profit, as soon as attitudes change and the number of buyers exceeds sellers. Those endlessly complaining about falling prices are shooting themselves in the foot and delaying the massive growth period that will inevitably come in 3/6/9/12 months (whenever it is).

You are probably right though that FI will announce something soon. If it increases confidence and encourages more buying than selling, great!

Again i have to disagree mate. They new system (pricing mechanism) is absolutely flawed *whilst we have zero visibility

The prices that me and you likely paid for our holds were reached by thousands and thousands of shares being bought in those players over time. They earned that price, that is what they were worth.
    Now, overnight, a switch has been flicked and the millions of pounds ploughed into these players has suddenly been written off!

FI : "Sorry folks, players value is now no longer based on amounts of money invested in said player, logical as that may be. So all that money you all invested over the past 1-3 years now basically counts for shit, sorry chaps!
    Instead, the value of a player will be determined by what one ass-clown feels like selling him at. 300 shares should be enough. That's better yea? But look, we aren't complete idiots, so we will have a minimum floor you can offer to sell at, lets make it roughly 40% of the buy price. Can't see any issues there, can you? What? What if one trader lists a sell order at 40% below the price, and another then lists 40% below THAT price?? More than an 80% drop in price from 600 shares you say? Never happen! We trust you traders to not be silly or panic! The fact you can't see the depth of bids should be FUN for you all, a big mad mystery! Not a reason to be upset! Enjoy the excitement, Nasdaq will be coming in the next few...oh Thiago has signed for Liverpool, Bale for Spurs too possibly, quick social media guy get a tweet out! The traders live for those tweets. Sorry what were we saying? Oh yes, free QPR tshirts or something, anyway gotta go byeeeee!