May have already been said (birthday and ports still dropping)

• And if it has then sorry, not been on the forum for a while as I can't find the keyboard for my bottom lip.

Anyway.

Could the massive drops and continuation of drops have anything to do with the experienced traders, selling up to take profit or wipe their feet in anticipation of a birthday bonus on all new money into the index?

Forget order books, matching engines etc.....but before every deposit bonus there have been very large drops in ports.

Wonder if this is also a large part of the drop?

Anyway, its nearly Friday - and we are closer to 'S....s......sunday' BRING IT ON!

• @Millerman

There definitely could be an element of this. There will also be an element of people using these promotions to refresh shares. There will also be people selling to get on short term IPD wins. There will also be people selling some holds to get on good holds at much lower prices than they are used to.

It is a buyers market because a lot of people have reason to sell, not just to pack up and leave but for a multitude of reasons (including not really being able to sell at all for the last 4 months)... I am certainly busy trading, but much is now just prepping the port for the season and trying to catch some of these drops to add on to my existing holds

• It's the perfect (shit) storm. Let's see what the next few weeks bring

• Yeah I been thinking this myself. The new gold day Saturday and Sunday (Plus x5 IPD) will see a lot of money being thrown at certain players over the weekend and then it will drop again Monday ready for the bonus.

Then it's πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€

• I don’t think people are thinking about a 10% birthday bonus
    When players are going up and down over 10% in a day

• There are 20-40% discounts available right now on many top players - if those sitting on cash balances aren't tempted by those then the only reason they would deposit during a bonus would be to exploit the offer and sell-up towards the mid/end.

• @Chris-J said in May have already been said (birthday and ports still dropping):

There are 20-40% discounts available right now on many top players - if those sitting on cash balances aren't tempted by those then the only reason they would deposit during a bonus would be to exploit the offer and sell-up towards the mid/end.

Surely you would buy now with those reduced prices through, if the intention was to sell midway through the bonus period?

• Can someone just please remind me of the deadlines?
    Media moved to 4pm in the last announcement a month or two back, right?
    IPDs, didn't they switch to 11:59pm? According to this, they are 4pm too...
    https://www.footballindex.academy/what-are-dividends
    ipd.png

I'm just wondering if the info on that link is up to date.
    Thanks

• @dean73

Media and Match Day are 4pm but IPDs are 11:59pm.

• @PaulM of course, having a brain fart. Thanks