What returns are you looking for and over what period of time?

• Interested to know what everyone is aiming for returns wise out of the Index and what kind of time frame?

For me I'm looking for a combibation of the following;

• A player that will return thier price in dividends over a 3 year period.
    • A player that I can sell for approximately the same price I paid after a 3 year period.

Caveats would be I'd consider selling off sooner if major price rise in short period of time (50 to 100%).

In terms of the above I think I've done my shopping now so feel quite chilled about it all despite the current market.

So what's everyone else aiming for? Would prefer specifics past 'quickest profits possible'.

• Would love to just get what I deposited back and start again

• Generally aim for about 12% a year, obviously some players get more, some get less and it's effected by promotions like the IPDs!

Making back a players value in 3 years could be difficult, but with the increase in divs if you look at players who made 20% last season, aged up to 28 and a minimum value of £1;

Pogba, Maguire, Fernandes, Lukaku, Werner and Pulgar

The name that sticks out there for me is Werner, i think if he does well at Chelsea he will fly, Euros next year as well!

• Was aiming for 100% yearly growth. That’s obviously looking long way off at the moment, but once this settles, and with amount of shear value out there right now, it’s not unrealistic to expect 50% in the next year if you trade well.
    With such a massive div increase, the fundamentals are in place for this to be one of FI’s best ever years. The volatility just needs to be addressed, which they are doing.
    Ppl always worry they’ve missed the boat. But the boat is still firmly in the port stocking up on booze and fine dining for the year ahead. 🚢

• I am aiming for around 50% CA and 15% return in divs (under the old div structure, so hopefully more like 30% under the new one)

• @DW

I have similar expectations to you regarding dividends.

Although given the likelihood of annual dividend increases and a future share split in say 2022, I’d be looking for 100% cap app on most of my holds too (excluding Messi) after 3 years.

• I’m looking for 20% yields in dividends currently on over 10% so is more than doable with the new structure and keeper heavy port.

CA wise if I’m honest I’m not that fussed, I have listed all my sub £1 players at 50p above their current value; when they sell I’ll buy more dividend players who’ll probably not make much in CA over the time I hold them.

It’s taken me a year to fully understand that if I want to me a more passive trader I need to chase the divs not the CA; if I had the time I’m sure I could do what many others on here like @MickTurbo @Baydog and @Ericali do and jump in and out of trade to maximise profit but with shift working I don’t.

Once we get “real” order books back I’m hoping for real rockets 🤣

• Honestly when the madness takes over im thinking 50%+ a year.

Reality, I could prob live with 20% a year, long as its tax and hassle free.

• Divs were doubled, the market crashed. From this point I expect to make around 120% in 12 months

• If I was starting at this point from scratch I'd expect a minimum of 50% and hope for 100% or more.

But unfortunately my money is pretty well tied up so if I can manage to get towards 50% in a year I'd take that.

• @DW i always buy players with the aim of returning 20% per year in dividends. As for cap app i dont hold a set plan as the point at which i sell relies on a lot of real world variables, however if a player reaches 100% cap app i would always consider selling.

In the new system with improved dividends i reckon i can quite easily make 50% in dividends, a few of my keepers are close to returning this already due to the promo. I also expect Cap app can be far greater this year too so ill be aiming well beyond 100% unless a situation arises where i have to change strategy

• I’m just happy if FI don’t go arse over tit in the next 12 months.

• @Black-Wolf I pray you are correct as my CA holds took some real serious damage.
    I’ve almost been worrying about my CA strategy since the changes.

If I can do what I already did I’ll be happy let alone double that lol

• I only recently started my FI journey recently, a few weeks ago, with the aim of out earning the rubbish interest rates available on savings accounts. A regular saver allows £300 a month for 12 months (£3600) and returns a paltry £96 ish over the year. If I can outdo that, I'll be happy. From what people say round these parts, this seems a pretty modest ambition.

• @Kanzz said in What returns are you looking for and over what period of time?:

@Black-Wolf I pray you are correct as my CA holds took some real serious damage.
    I’ve almost been worrying about my CA strategy since the changes.

If I can do what I already did I’ll be happy let alone double that lol

Mine doesn’t look pretty either but thats based on what others are offering, means nothing.

My market value at which FI issue new shares is still the same on them. I dont care for the profit/loss figures. The only number that matters is the total portfolio cost value and thats constantly rising with trading and dividends