Previous shares’ dividends

• Why is that when you sell all your shares in 1 player that got you dividends, when you buy them back, the dividends show next to the player again? Why doesn’t it go to £0 as the new shares haven’t gotten you any dividends?

• Because FI is FI ..............

• @RManny23 yep. It’s one of the most annoying “features”

• What would be good is if you could see your history of a player, so previous buy and sell prices along with divs earnt during that period, would also give you a timestamp for the 3 year point!

Kind of hoping the Nasdaq update brings an update to the UI as well!

• @Marksandygill Yh agreed, trying to go through my trade history and then calculate what price I bought each player and when I did to see when the IPD period is done seems so silly

• @Luke said in Previous shares’ dividends:

@RManny23 yep. It’s one of the most annoying “features”

It's probably to big up how much dividends they have paid out.

In reality it screws the practical use of it.

What would be great is if you could see some history of all your futures historically. How much you paid for them, how much you sold for after commission and how much dividends those specific futures returned.

• @SDOAFIT indeed. I heard somewhere, about a year ago, they were going to fix it but obviously that hasn’t happened.

@SDOAFIT indeed. I heard somewhere, about a year ago, they were going to fix it but obviously that hasn’t happened.

When I joined the index (pre PB) they said that you would be able to see your position in the queue in the future.

Never happened the queue went before you could ever see your position.

Still think FI is great, really do but some basic stuff never gets done/fixed.

Like the whole taking your cash out of your account when you bid. If they left it there, it would massively improve liquidity with no downside. Just don't get how their brain works sometimes.

• @SDOAFIT isn’t there a fundamental issue if people can place multiple bids using the same cash pool then that would leave the IS value open to abuse?

• I actually like that you get a cumulative divs total on a player to be honest. It's one of the very few things I use the app for over the browser because that accounts for IPDs also, which the browser does not

@SDOAFIT isn’t there a fundamental issue if people can place multiple bids using the same cash pool then that would leave the IS value open to abuse?

How ?

• @MickTurbo said in Previous shares’ dividends:

I actually like that you get a cumulative divs total on a player to be honest. It's one of the very few things I use the app for over the browser because that accounts for IPDs also, which the browser does not

Fair enough but ...

for me its main purpose is as part of the valuation of the future. If I pay £50 for my Kane futures and he drops in value by £40 but I know that those futures have returned £15 then I know the trade has a net positive value of £5 (disregarding the how much are they worth etc).

The cumulative figure basically means you can't do that so from a practical point of view its wipes a lot of the point of having it.

If some people like it as an extra/alternative that'd fine - its relatively interesting to look at as a side point. But if nothing else they should have both or an option to toggle.

• Tbh i prefer it to be cumulative. My thinking tho is I bet its got something to do with compliance and showing where all the money has come from, But I am probably wrong!

• @SDOAFIT because bids impact the IS price, so what’s to stop market manipulation by bidding for hundreds of shares in every player on the index and changing the IS price? Artificially inflating demand or causing fluctuations in IS prices because once a bid closes all of the other bids associated with that cash have to be withdrawn. Also, who decides which of your bids are withdrawn to cover the closed bid? Seems full of pitfalls and difficult to manage to me.