1p Sell Offer

• Michael Keane has possibly highlighted a massive flaw in the 1p sell offer limit. I dont have the number of futures bought yesterday for my calculations so these are just rough estimates to highlihgt the issue.

Yesterday morning Keane was valued at 44p scoring a goal and a good PB score saw his price increase to 80p.

Lets say 10,000 shares were bought yesterday (I dont know how many)

This morning his IS reduced to 36p and his buy now price reduced to 78p.

Of the 10,000 shares bought yesterday, lets assume 2,500 IS this morning, meaning the other 7500 are going into the sell queue or people are going to hold.

With the 1p restriction and 900 shares to move the price down 1p it's going to take approx. 30,000 shares to bring him down to 47p, which is going to take a lot of listing.

This will still leave him with around 25% spread.

What's likely to happen now is that Keane's IS price will stay in the 30p region and his buy price will stay in the 70p region (58% spread). Nobody is going to buy for 70 odd pence and if they're still holding now they probably aren't going to IS for 30 something pence.

Keane is likely to be stuck with a buy price of 70+ pence with no real way of reducing the massive spread.

Lots of users are going to be looking at their portfolios this morning looking at the green numbers next to Keane thinking it's amazing, they've made 80% CapApp, they've got big green numbers next to his name when in reality he's not worth that and nobody is going to pay that for him.

In 6 months time Keane will probably still have a buy price of 70p and when OBs come in he's going to drop down to around half of that, then all these people posting their profit margins this morning are going to be crying they've lost 50% of their "profit".

• Basically you are stuck with him.

Welcome to the "new & improved" system.

But we have lots of fake green - yay!

• @Journey that’s right. It’s working exactly as FI intended. Personally I won’t invest anything more until all the OB functionality is in place.

• @Journey yep, I don't like it, as people have said, we've basically just reverted back to the old system. I'm guessing FI are trying to protect the user base- but as you say, what happens when proper order books come back in?

• At least with the old system it took a set number of shares to take a player up as it was to bring them down so everyone knew where they stood, with this system players could increase a quid in price without anyone actually buying a share, but then they can't come back down.

• @Luke I'm trying to clear the deadwood from my port and play with a zero player portfolio and a cash balance to jump in and out for small gains.

• Unless I am being thick, I don't think you need 30k futures to bring him down? You will just need 900-1200 to keep setting sell offers 1p lower? Each time the average is down by a penny then the person who has been outbid can cancel offer and set offer 1p less. The more people who do this the faster the snowball effect.

Agree that 1p is a silly collar but you can still drop a price, just takes longer.

Or.....am I not getting it? 🤓

• @TotalPunt You are correct theoretically, but that will mean people being willing to keep on reducing their offers continually to get the price down. It's a stupid flawed system.

When someone with the lowest offer cancels their 300 shares for 77p so they can offer 76p, the price will probably shoot back up to 78p as the average will increse when they cancel their 77p offer.

• @TotalPunt you're right, but I can't see many enough people being asked to keep lowering their offers by 1p for the price to reduce at any kind of rate, but we'll see. Surely 5p would have been a better floor.

• I really dislike this -1p offer limit. I was having great success with the greater fluidity in IPD refreshing old shares. I was buying up blocks of shares, adding commission and offering them back for sale again.

Yesterday I bought 50 Halstenberg at 80p. I wanted to offer 50 at 82p but now I am restricted to offering at 85p. This now means a worse price for the next buyer and a much slower market with reduced fluidity. I wanted to recycle that £40 into Tah, Mukiele and then tomorrows players but not possible now.

• @Martyn-B you can offer as high as you like up to £100 or have I missed something as it is early

EDIT ignore me it is early I get it now 🤦‍♂️

• This post is deleted!

• I'm somewhere in the middle, you will have to be more aggressive with selling to avoid the ques but rightly or wrongly it's given the user base more confidence to 'play the game' this weekend.

I think they could do with relaxing it start of next week (increase from 1p) and then incrementally further relaxing it leading up to fully functioning order book implementation.

• @Journey said in 1p Sell Offer:

Michael Keane has possibly highlighted a massive flaw in the 1p sell offer limit. I dont have the number of futures bought yesterday for my calculations so these are just rough estimates to highlihgt the issue.

Yesterday morning Keane was valued at 44p scoring a goal and a good PB score saw his price increase to 80p.

75p for a 27 year old, English CB, playing in the Premier League, who's already picked up PB on a gold day with a score of 256, despite no clean sheet.... Under a coach with the success record of Ancelotti... and a seemingly improved team.

Doesn't sound so bad, especially when you consider that he picked a 267 at the end of June too.

• He got the GWG which must have considerably added to his score. How many points for a GWG?

• I think this side of the temporary measures will be gradually eased. Aiming for 10p or 10% would be good until OBs can be rolled out properly.

• @Archer22 said in 1p Sell Offer:

He got the GWG which must have considerably added to his score. How many points for a GWG?

45 for the goal itself + 35 for the GWG bonus but on the flip side, they conceded 2 goals so -10 and he lost the clean sheet bonus which is 25 points.

So basically... if he had scored a goal that wasn't the GWG... and kept a clean sheet, he'd have the same score.

• @Martyn-B we all waited months to be able to trade properly again and now it feels like it's been taken away from us. FI placing these interventions means that they're setting themselves up to intervene every time the market experiences some downward pressure.

Everyone needs to realise that we all hold players at different prices this is bound to cause some differences in valuations. I think it was @Ericali the other day who used this analogy.

• @Journey Good idea. I’m basically doing the same. I sold 80% of my port in the week following brown Sunday and now just waiting for NASDAQ.

• Are other people not dropping their sell offers 1p each time the opportunity arises?
    To make this point clear then 2 people have 900 futures 1 drops the offer 1p then the other removes theirs and drops it another 1p and so on. People just need to be a little more active and son the buy price will get to a happy medium.
    That aside, why are you worried about Keane at that price. It’s not an insane price like TAA or other defenders on here. He may get some goals, spikes and divs throughout 3 years to top up your already 20%+ Banked profit you now have in him?
    Where’s the positivity and patience gone!