Record Month for Dividends?

• Just wondering if others are recording very high dividend amounts this month?

I’ve won £383 in dividends so far this month, which equates to 4% of my portfolio value and there is still a week to go! Previously my best month was £209 in June 2019.

Even if I divide my IPDs by a fifth (to remove the x 5 promotion currently running), my dividends would still be circa £150, which would be a very good month for me.

Understandably there has been a lot of negativity on here in recent weeks, but the dividend increases have been a big positive.

• @ocs123 August onwards has been massive for me in dividends and bear in mind I don’t really play the dividends game as such I buy for the long term and treat the divs as a bonus. I might be changing that strategy a little now!

• This Mornings Divs £710 make up roughly 10% of the overall divs i have won in the 28 months ive been on here

a1e8ed95-2dd6-4ca3-8f4b-b04e5acdc519-image.png

• @Advinculas-Index And out they come :-)

• @ocs123

I don't really keep track of performance and was always more of a CA trader than dividend chaser, so my div hauls have never been too impressive as a representative of my investment.

This last month or two has changed that significantly. I have gone more div based in general and even if it is small holdings, try to cover a lot of PB/MB bases. My all time dividend haul since then has gone from about £8,000 to around £13,000, pretty outrageous £5k haul which is about 7% return...

I am prepared to fall into the red on some of the players I have purchased to make these kind of returns on some IPD players, but it is a 3 year bet and there is no obvious shite in the mix so I am confident I can recoup cost price on most of them...

• @Millerman said in Record Month for Dividends?:

@Advinculas-Index And out they come :-)

Stockpiling a cash reserve for the beginning of Oct

• The 5x IPD has been a real eye opener; traditionally IPD players were always <£1 as the potential return against cost of renewal became uneconomic much above that, as a result I always treated IPD's as an added bonus on players I was buying for the long term above £1.

The massive returns that the current 5x promotion has throw up have significantly impacted that strategy, yesterday I flipped Kane (long term hold) at a cost of 17p but he returned 50p IPD's for nearly 10% ROI, I also did the same with Neymar (just before the ban so not worked out as well!).

Works across all price points flipped Bonucci for a cost of 3p & he returned 20p on a 40p cost price so 50% ROI in a day & similar on most CS GK's. The added bonus is that such players have liquidity returned at least temporarily despite the current market stagnation & huge spreads created by the lack of ability to fully access OB flexibility, which whilst I understand why FI have done it, but just stores up selling pressure & queues for the future.

An extended period of 5x IPD's could actually prove to be a better 5th Birthday Bonus than a deposit bonus as it generates significant trading opportunities & the associated commission as well as selective market liquidity which is desperately needed until full OB's are finally allowed to be unleashed.

• When I started 2.5 years ago I was a CA trader and never really paid too much attention to dividends - I have recently shifted focus onto dividends. Overall i'm currently at 11.6% return on dividends (1.5% has been earned in September) and 8% (of the 11.6%) since January.

I'm constantly looking at my portfolio these days to look at players to recycle through the IPD process.

• @Advinculas-Index said in Record Month for Dividends?:

@Millerman said in Record Month for Dividends?:

🕵️

I'd be interested to know your reasons for this.

Assuming you're expecting a deposit bonus as I'm doing the same, but arent deposit bonuses usually net spend now so I should still be able to hold the cash in FI and not have to withdraw it completely? Maybe I'm misremembering this, do I need to withdraw it?

• @Yellow said in Record Month for Dividends?:

@Advinculas-Index said in Record Month for Dividends?:

🕵️

I thought everybody was doing this?(Oops I may have inadvertently triggered a massive sell off)

Same but keeping in cash balance. Just don't want to have to deposit again and risk yet another EDD check - nothing to fear I should add, just don't want the hassle!

• I was wondering if FI have still made money during the IPD period? At the end of the day not everyone would have gotten it right with flipping shares etc, and the amount of commission FI must have made would have been ridiculous!

Still, not looking forward to next month with 'just' the standard doubled PB!! :)

• @Dalian-Smyth said in Record Month for Dividends?:

@Yellow said in Record Month for Dividends?:

@Advinculas-Index said in Record Month for Dividends?:

🕵️

I thought everybody was doing this?(Oops I may have inadvertently triggered a massive sell off)

I wasn't doing this. Until I started doing it.

Am I doing it right now? No. Might I be later? Yes.

• Are people keeping a balance ready for Oct anticipating a drop after bonus IPD or are they expecting a despot bonus from FI? Or both? Or neither.

• I've been a buyer/seller to this point, playing the pre-OB spreads where I could so I've not really had many divs - but I trebled my lot this weekend.

I'll be able to pull out a bit of money now, which is useful. I'd topped up during the crash to lower some average costs.

• @howsthebacon said in Record Month for Dividends?:

Are people keeping a balance ready for Oct anticipating a drop after bonus IPD or are they expecting a despot bonus from FI? Or both? Or neither.

Both for me. Plan to invest in core PB players.

• @Hotspur as long as people are just keeping a balance rather than selling off their whole port, hopefully their shouldn't be a mad crash but just a realistic levelling out on the likes of Aubemayang/Ings etc who are more IPD players.

• @Geronimo159387 said in Record Month for Dividends?:

An extended period of 5x IPD's could actually prove to be a better 5th Birthday Bonus than a deposit bonus as it generates significant trading opportunities & the associated commission as well as selective market liquidity which is desperately needed until full OB's are finally allowed to be unleashed.

I'd be vastly in favour of them running IPD promotions from now on instead of deposit bonuses... It gives the whole market the opportunity to see action, whereas with deposit bonuses it tends to be the same old players who fly up and then fall back 30 days later

• @howsthebacon said in Record Month for Dividends?:

Are people keeping a balance ready for Oct anticipating a drop after bonus IPD or are they expecting a despot bonus from FI? Or both? Or neither.

I think a little bit of both... When the stabilisers are removed again there is more than likely to be some volatility as selling has been suppressed somewhat. A lot of people will be looking to sell so the outcome will be players prices being chased down as we saw before. Hopefully this time more people will see it as an opportunity to buy cheap rather than their portfolios are tanking... I suspect that they decided to put on the brakes a bit due to the extreme volatility caused by the IPD X5 - most likely they will ease it when that promotion ends start of October - so I would anticipate that there will be some drops in that period