Midfielder recommendations

• My port is a bit forward heavy in terms of steady potential PB winners (Messi, Gnabry, Lewa, Mane, Kane, Son, Berardi, Sterling) and in terms of midfielders I'm only looking at Kimmich and KDB.

I have a few young up and coming midfielders like Aouchiche, Thuram, Neuhaus but looking for some more premium holds. I've looked at the PB/MB score table from last season and still not sure...

Heard Kroos getting a lot of love in the forum, Thiago talked up.

Do we think De Jong will return to his old Ajax role under Koeman? Bit deeper, playing as a metronome rather than being unnaturally pushed forward. I'd be tempted by him.

• @howsthebacon said in Midfielder recommendations:

Heard Kroos getting a lot of love in the forum,

Racks up so many points passing only needs a G/A to be almost certainly in the top few PB performers on any given day, should also be a TOTM prospect. Coutinho if he could just get settled at a club is another with decent PB output. I'd be wary of players like De Jong who move from being big fish at smaller clubs in poor leagues to bit part players at big clubs (with far more competition from within their own team) in more challenging leagues. To win PB, especially mid, usually requires at least one G/A as it's by far the most competitive PB category, so avoid the holding/defensive types who rack up high scores but rarely score or assist.

• @Geronimo159387 De Jong just looks very cheap, not one to assist or score though but should get on the ball a lot if played to his strengths. No idea why they had him so far forward last season, I always assumed he was going to be the new Xavi. Could be a risk though you're right.

Thauvin and Di Maria, I've held previously and have potential especially on Bronze days. Might wait til October when their prices inevitably drop before getting back in.

I'm also tempted by Bellingham, did not expect him to slot straight into the team. If he's starting then it makes sense to hold him if not only for his long term potential but also could get the odd PB playing in that free flowing Dortmund team.

Others I'm considering: Luis Alberto, Harvey Barnes, B.Silva (once I can gauge if Pep is going to play him more regularly) and Sabitzer.

Thauvin and Di Maria

I like/hold Thauvin as he's finally back after a long injury layoff, high hopes for him this season. Like ADM but be careful he easily gets driven too high (currently no IS price) as he's great for PB/IPD but his sell offs are brutal, given his age & iirc his contract is up this coming Summer (so might go to a non PB league from January). Have bought him <£1 several times but always get out at >£1.50 as he's high risk, just look at Banega or Cazorla for similar type players & what happened to their prices!

• Ones I’ve bought under 2 quid Recently

Ceballos
    Goretzka
    Derimbray

All pb proven.
    All european football.

• @howsthebacon

I am hearing big things about Mama Balde 😂

Neuhaus I kept an eye on in the Dortmund game. Respectable base of 90, 71 completed passes away to a team like Dortmund is not bad at all... Hoffman still had the set pieces, but I am not convinced Hoffmeister keeps his CM spot when Zakaria returns or an upfront berth once Thuram / Plea / Embolo return, so I'd expect Neuhaus to be on those if Hoffmeister is dropped

I mentioned Soler at Valencia but he is injured for a month so nothing to see there.. Saul Niguez may be a reasonable option at 80p. I have read somewhere that he will be playing a bit more advanced this season and seems to get linked with united endlessly

Ceballos I think will be a rock solid hold and proved again at the weekend what kind of PB he can produce

Sensi at Inter could be a bargain if he gets set pieces. He went from 60p to nearly £3 last season when he began on set pieces. Then they got Eriksen and Sensi injured and he dropped off a cliff. Now unsure what the Eriksen situation is, both could end up being great value sub £1.50 depending upon which way the cookie crumbles

Coutinio at some point must come good. Pjanic also at Barca could rack up some decent scores but both those two are quite speculative likewise Sensi and Eriksen until we have seen team sheets etc

• @Tom77 said in Midfielder recommendations:

Ones I’ve bought under 2 quid Recently

Ceballos
    Goretzka
    Derimbray

All pb proven.
    All european football.

These are amongst the best value around imo. One more I would add,albeit with no european footy, but on penalties and a very strong PB player is Erick Pulgar

• @Baydog Mama Balde will have you pulling your hair out this season I hear.

@Tom77 tempted to go for Gortezka but might let the hype die down after his goal, doubt he'll be baggings every week so hopefully the price drops a little. I also don't want to make my port to Munich heavy but tbf...can't go too wrong.

Cheers for the other shouts, Ceballos and Sensi are ones I'd consider. This is sort of player I'd expect De Jong to be at Barca if he can settle this season but we'll see.

• @howsthebacon Teji Svanier at Montpellier racks up some impressive PB scores and can be picked relatively cheap, he is nearly always in the hunt for a PB win

• @howsthebacon

At this early stage of the season there will be a fair bit of volatility on Mids as we see who emerges as starters, set piece takers etc... May be worth just waiting to see on a few of them - like the Inter game their line up and who is on set pieces and react quickly

• From my experience and research this is now my midfielder holds based on where I expect to win decent PB and TOTM throughout the season. I spread my bets, so less rewards/risk or as I like to but it steady regular gains. I'm sure many will disagree but this is who I believe is the best valued midfielder (based on price/age/div wins) for each of the top 5 teams playing in Europe. My advice would be take a look at these but do your own research mate.

De Bruyne
    Keita
    Thiago
    Kimmach
    Bruno
    Madderson
    Saka
    Alli
    Havertz
    Kroos
    Kulusevski
    Pasalic
    Brozovic
    Alberto
    Pellegrini
    Hakan
    Ruiz
    Pjanic
    Koke
    Suso
    Parejo
    Merino
    Sabitzer
    Demibray
    Grilitsch
    Hoffman
    Arnold
    Veratti
    Thauvin
    Camavinga
    Sanches
    Cyprien
    Aouar

• I reduced my outfield players before order books to derisk and little and went heavier on keepers; however I kept Teji Savainer Sabizter and Aouar as my premium sub £3 PB mid holds

• I also have Savanier and De Paul who don't play in Europe but I have broken my strategy plan as they are too good not to hold.

• These are my latest MF Purchases
    951283b4-197a-4d1b-9659-d159954ae51e-image.png

both with PB potential in mind

1c207bae-f88e-4a1d-a56e-47c1fab338d0-image.png

Tread carefully though with Hakan as he has has a steady rise in the last week or so - so if he doesnt win anything tonight, he will probably drop and tommorow might be the best time to get on him

• I saw some people talking up Tej the day before he won that PB, I was going to go in for him but resisted as I didn't know anything about him. Since then he won PB and I think he scored again. So I figured I'd let his price drop a bit before getting involved but he is looking like a steady high scoring midfielder now so maybe his price is just what I'll have to pay.

• Aye - i forgot about him, i got on him a couple of weeks ago for the same reasons as the 2 above
    8eb30e8d-3681-411b-9db7-cdb2ee2cac81-image.png

I saw some people talking up Tej the day before he won that PB, I was going to go in for him but resisted as I didn't know anything about him. Since then he won PB and I think he scored again. So I figured I'd let his price drop a bit before getting involved but he is looking like a steady high scoring midfielder now so maybe his price is just what I'll have to pay.

I'm quite confident no body knows who Teji is until you join FI and see him bossing the PB rankings.

• @Tikka-Mo-Salah said in Midfielder recommendations:

I also have Savanier and De Paul who don't play in Europe but I have broken my strategy plan as they are too good not to hold.

The only reservation i have about de paul is the Transfer to leeds . He is one i have in my watchlist to put a lowish bid in after 01oct

cdd4e0d2-51a4-4393-8201-2d8c71d8b11e-image.png

@Baydog Mama Balde will have you pulling your hair out this season I hear.

@Tom77 tempted to go for Gortezka but might let the hype die down after his goal, doubt he'll be baggings every week so hopefully the price drops a little. I also don't want to make my port to Munich heavy but tbf...can't go too wrong.

Cheers for the other shouts, Ceballos and Sensi are ones I'd consider. This is sort of player I'd expect De Jong to be at Barca if he can settle this season but we'll see.

Goreztka seems to have solid money in him mate, his graphs is pretty stable as far as FI goes one reason I got on, hasnt had a huge peak YET...

Lots of good shouts though on the thread....

• @Advinculas-Index Teji does not look like a footballer, might be why i turned my nose up at him originally