Sell orders question.

• Does anybody know why it won't let me put a sell order in thats less that the current 'buy' price. It gives me a range i can sell within. £1.52-£2.52 for dell alli. But if I try and put a sell order of say £1.90 in, it wont let me and says offer price should be equal or greater than £2.02.....

• @Chickenman you can only put a sell order in for 1p below the buy now price. It’s a temporary measure to stabilise the market until they work out how to prevent another crash when they remove the 900 share buy now calculation again.

• @Chickenman

You can only put a sell offer in at 1p below the current buy it now price, temporary measure to stabilise the market & reduce volatility, which is far too restrictive IMO should have been say 5-10% to achieve the same effect but still leave sellers with some limited flexibility. You can of course still accept someone's Buy offer at the IS price level but can't suggest a more realistic comprise price somewhere in between (which was the whole point & a massive benefit of OB's) but this will be made possible again at some yet to be defined point in the future, apparently!

• What kind of dog shit order books is that? 🤣. Whats confusing me is that it literally gives me a price range that I have to put my offers in between. But won't let me put offers in that range.... needs sorting one way or the other.

• @Chickenman said in Sell orders question.:

What kind of dog shit order books is that?

The kind you get after a market crash, for which proper OB's were blamed, yet in truth were the result of 6-9 months pent up selling pressure generated by FI removing IS (after explicitly promising not to) then introducing OB's in a piecemeal & incoherent way. Finally when sellers were allowed the freedom to get out the market lacked depth & the remaining buyers were so fed up with the way FI had handled the whole process they just sat on the sidelines & watched prices crash (a lack of market depth visibility, promised yet not delivered, just meant panic then swept the market & made everything far worse).

Poorly managed transition, lack of understanding/explanation of how the whole process would work & terrible market sentiment, all partly or wholly of FI's own making destroyed market confidence & resulted in a flash crash. They then panicked & imposed these strict restrictions, effectively destroying (at least temporarily) the whole point of introducing OB's, liquidity & clean market pricing, to reimpose the artificial pricing & lack of liquidity that you are asking about - funny old world!

• @Geronimo159387 said in Sell orders question.:

@Chickenman said in Sell orders question.:

What kind of dog shit order books is that?

The kind you get after a market crash, for which proper OB's were blamed, yet in truth were the result of 6-9 months pent up selling pressure generated by FI removing IS (after explicitly promising not to) then introducing OB's in a piecemeal & incoherent way. Finally when sellers were allowed the freedom to get out the market lacked depth & the remaining buyers were so fed up with the way FI had handled the whole process they just sat on the sidelines & watched prices crash (a lack of market depth visibility, promised yet not delivered, just meant panic then swept the market & made everything far worse).

Yeah. It was a rhetorical question. I get it. They Just need to remove the part that says you can put an offer in lower than that. Or even better, let people put in offers lower than that.

• @Chickenman said in Sell orders question.:

They Just need to remove the part that says you can put an offer in lower than that. Or even better, let people put in offers lower than that.

Yes that's called Order books, wish someone had thought of them as they'd be a great idea!! it's just so frustrating when every crisis is self inflicted & so easily avoidable!! The current FI management seemed determined to destroy what is a wonderful product.

• Is there an official date for the installation of said order books?

• @UncleBeard give them time, they only signed the agreement with Nasdaq like 14 months ago...:)

• so you can only go 1p below to sell but someone can offer what they like what a load of shit

• I think if FI didnt step in you wouldn't have anyone to sell so take it on the chin for now

• @NewUser130968

Please read the posts above, which explain why it is the way it is.

If FI let you offer lower than 1p below the buy price, your portfolio value is likely to fall again and then you’ll probably be back on here complaining about that too! Either traders want an open market or they want a restricted / protected market. Can’t have it both ways.

• @ocs123 gota have an open market restrictions are strangling the market be rough for a month then it would settle and all would be good and beter. More trades more profit to be made just cant see why people cant see it long term