players going down

• can someone tell me how player are going down when you can only buy them 1p less than the buy price or sell 1p less I don't get it

• I list 300 at 74p

Bob lists 300 at 73p

Eric lists 300 at 72p to be a mean old chap

Tom lists 300 at 71p as he wants out first

And the price drops

HTH

• @Munchie63 I think its 900 now

• @Pez said in players going down:

@Munchie63 I think its 900 now

yep. apologies, but same principle applies to why a price will be dipping

• @NewUser130968 which player? market seems quite stable from where I'm sitting...

is he going down a lot?

• @Munchie63 said in players going down:

I list 300 at 74p

Bob lists 300 at 73p

Eric lists 300 at 72p to be a mean old chap

Tom lists 300 at 71p as he wants out first

And the price drops

HTH

It's always Toms fault, I've said it all along!🤣

• @johnboywalker and there are a lot of Toms on here, which compounds the issue

• @NewUser130968 said in players going down:

can someone tell me how player are going down when you can only buy them 1p less than the buy price or sell 1p less I don't get it

It appeared most of the userbase couldn't understand or cope with OB's so FI have kindly reinstated the sales queue principle. Those same queues that were often months in length & everyone quite rightly blamed for the lack of market liquidity - ADM for example has dropped from 1.89 to 1.77 so approx 10K in the queue now.

• People are also probably cancelling the original sell orders and putting them through again at the lower price, which will continue to drive the price down, albeit slowly

• Prices have to be able to go down as well as up that’s how a market works; currently the handbrake is on (I agree to extent with this).

For every player going down others are going up.

• @Sav2000 I agree with nearly 100% of what you usually say Sav mate...however taking a quick look before I log out and look again at the weekend.

9 out of 200 players are up over a 24 hour period, many just a penny (top 200), rest of the field maybe 30, couldn't be arsed to count them all.

The above are based on price increase.

Change that to price decrease and well, just keep scrolling.

It's pretty flat at the moment, and it seems the only people really enjoying it are the ones that stamp collect and are in a fortunate financial position to have 100's across 100's of players.

I have no doubt it will turn the corner, but FI really have to forget about keeping everyone happy all the time and just go with what model they want - we either stick with it or move on to spend our money somewhere else.

• @Sav2000 is that why 10 players are up and 174 are down

• @Millerman sorry my post was aimed at the op who was confused why prices drop.

I agree things are flat but many will be holding back in case there is a net spend bonus; we’ve seen it so many times I hate them I’d rather they just do promos like 5xIPDs or super Tesco Clubcard points.

Also the continual negative sentiment from people who have not got what they want such as IS being removed, OBs not being what they hoped, the usual FS gang et al. Gives the casual user a bit of a wobble and can never be good for new investors/gamblers looking to join.

Unfortunately the level headed, reasoned and happy users are in the minority currently but things will change and as I don’t need the cash currently and can reinvest any divs earned I’ll just ride it out.

• @NewUser130968 said in players going down:

@Sav2000 is that why 10 players are up and 174 are down

My point is prices don’t always go up there has to be downward cycles or this isn’t a market; the sooner people understand F.I. isn’t a license to print money the better for the platform.

If Sky Bet had a forum I’m not sure we’d have people posting “OMG I lost my bet this is so unfair”

• I get why FI are being cautious, the damage from Brown Sunday on many, especially new, punters was a hell of a ding.
    But now the handbrake is on too full. Couldn't they release it at a penny a time for now until some sort of equlibrium is reached? 2p under price tomorrow, 3p the next day etc? If we need stabilisers on this for people who can't cope with the ups and downs like a real market then at least try and loosen them a bit?

• @TotalPunt i really hope they are working hard on introducing depth of orders and with that removing the limitations on the order book. What FI have to understand is that some of those low offers maybe werent as irrational as we might think, some may have been people with money tied up since March and some may have been complete idiots but the point is if they had let it run its course the market would have recovered and stabilised over time but they have slowed that process and actually set it up to happen all over again.

We need to get to a point where people are happy and can trade amongst themselves and FI but this at the moment suits no one its just another ticking time bomb ready to go off. And for what? Just so we can have slightly better profit figures for a little while longer?

Theres no easy way to make this transition because i can guarantee all those that panicked on Sunday haven’t went away and started learning and preparing for order books like they should have been so when the training wheels come off history will repeat itself and it will be same people that panic.

The best thing FI could do is just let it run its course and get this difficult period over and done with

• @Black-Wolf Yes, I think that is a fair assessment of the current stat of affairs.

It sounded as though the market depth view was imminent so maybe they loosen it off once that has been released.
    It's a crazy situation given the fact divs have only just been doubled but it was a perfect storm of some big players having an off weekend to really kick that snowball down the hill.

Will be interesting to see if there is any anchoring effect after the big price drops. If the market was rational prices should increase due to intrinsic value having increased, but more than half of FI user base seems to be pretty irrational. So now paying over ten pounds for a player might seem like a rip off, when it shouldn't.

Still loads of bargains to be had

• The other issue presently is short term traders are listing shares for sale 1p below current market value, hoping someone will "BUY NOW" and not use the "PLACE BID" process. This will then allow them to buy back in using the offer process, thus making a profit. All these listed shares for sale are driving the market down presently.

Until market depth is added and Nasdaq is introduced, I feel we are stuck in No man's land.

Anyone any idea when this is going to be implemented. Are we talking weeks or months.

• @Black-Wolf said in players going down:

Theres no easy way to make this transition because i can guarantee all those that panicked on Sunday haven’t went away and started learning and preparing for order books like they should have been so when the training wheels come off history will repeat itself and it will be same people that panic.

This is such a crucial point, its OK having a handbrake but are people using this as intended (education on OB). My rough guess is no because if you didn't bother to do it in the weeks leading up to OB why would you start now?

And, before someone says it. It's not down to FI to produce this training.

• @Karl In some of the market updates, FI said depth of market update is imminent. I fully expect a roll out date next week - no particular reason for it other than they'll have stabilised market, gathered data on market closure and had time to implement.