Ligue 1 Weekly Preview - Game Week 5

• Legends, it has been a while! I must admit that my attention had turned away from the forum recently after it went offline for a bit. However, I see it is now back up and running and so I will begin dropping my blog posts here again. And, as with every week here is my latest Ligue 1 Preview. I look at the week just gone, the week ahead, offer some insight and look more broadly at French footballers playing across the globe. Come take a look!

https://fifrenchtalent.com/2020/09/24/ligue-1-weekly-preview-game-week-5/

• @FIGenesis said in Ligue 1 Weekly Preview - Game Week 5:

Legends, it has been a while! I must admit that my attention had turned away from the forum recently after it went offline for a bit. However, I see it is now back up and running and so I will begin dropping my blog posts here again. And, as with every week here is my latest Ligue 1 Preview. I look at the week just gone, the week ahead, offer some insight and look more broadly at French footballers playing across the globe. Come take a look!

https://fifrenchtalent.com/2020/09/24/ligue-1-weekly-preview-game-week-5/

Great post and amazing blog.
    Forum is bit crappy these days but I always read your blogs with interest as my portfolio is French heavy.

Brilliant to see Ibrahim Nianne coming through finally after holding him for well over a year now. Was virtually an unknown last year. Only seen him play sporadically, wondering what your thoughts on him moving forward???
    He still is mega cheap

• @FIGenesis nice blog mate do you have any idea or thoughts on what will happen with Cyprien this season do you think he will be getting sold or will he work his way back into the team, and also is there any word in France about teams showing an interest in Ntcham whats your thoughts on a possible transfer for him thanks

• great read, thanks for that :)

I hold Fofana and not sure if I'd prefer him to stay at St Ettiene for another season, they looks like a solid team defensively and wouldn't be guaranteed to go straight into Leicester or Milan's team.

• @King-Fergus Hey bud, thanks for reading!I think Niane has a big season ahead. There's definitely pressure on him to perform but he has looked good so far this season.

• @weerab Hey bud, Cyprien had sought a transfer and this led Nice to exclulde him from their pre-season and now the full season. As it stands, bizarely, Bordeaux are the favourites to sign him and it looks like there may well be an agreement in a few days.

• @howsthebacon Thanks bud. My thoughts exactly. I do think a lot of these young French kids seek moves way too early. Fofana would do better staying at St Etienne for this season and maybe even more, Claude Puel has an exciting project brewing there. He's got years ahead of him to play for bigger clubs. As you say, he would not be guaranteed to start every week at Milan and Leicester and he won't have known pressure like it. Saliba will be a fascinating test case this season!

• It's great to see a return of quality content like this on the forum. Always appreciate the insights and a few players have been added to the port based on these articles. Probably like most I've taken a more keen interest in ligue 1 this season due to early start, few things it would be great to get your take on.

Monaco seem to have a great mix of youth and experience this season and are playing with alot of possession. Do you see good things for Monaco this season and if so any players caught your eye?

A player whom I've bough and sold more than once is Jonathan Bamba. He's been posting some consistently high PB scores and got a few goals and assists so far, Do you think he can kick on this season and by Lille's main man?

• @FIGenesis Also just saw him linked to West Ham! God no!

Also what's your opinion Geubbels and Panzo? Geubbels I thought might break through this season, got a goal off the bench earlier and I feel it would only take some bad games from the starting forwards and he might be giving the nod.

Panzo I've not heard much about on the forums but a British lad moving abroad to develop always intrigues me.

• @FIGenesis appreciate the post. Very good read so thanks for posting 👍

• @DW Hey bud, Thanks for reading and the kind words! I think Monaco are well set for bagging a European place this season. I love that Kovac is focussing on the youth. If things fall for them they could even hit the top three or four. As for Bamba, he has been playing really well. He had a real down season last season and so has been a genuine bargain so far. I think Lille are in a funny place right now though. Stacks of talent but looking incoherent in attack. The return of Renato should help them a lot.

• @howsthebacon Ha! Not the Hammers!! As for Geubbels, he is primed for a break out. As you say, it won't take much for him to get some starts this season and he remains a hyper talented kid with a superb mentality. Panzo has had a bit more of a brought time, but what can you expect as a defender for Dijon at the moment! He played better yesterday mind you!

• @JT4PAFC Thanks for reading!!