Meet up?

• This isn’t a Grindr post or an invite to a local gloryhole for NSA but do people on here ever meet up for a weekend or a day on the beer?

Me and my mate, who have only been on here 7 months, were talking about it in the pub tonight and saying how good it would be for the main forum posters to meet up for a beer one weekend once all this Covid crap has died down. Would be brilliant to have a beer and a laugh with respected members like @Black-Wolf @MickTurbo @johnboywalker @Ericali, @Advinculas-Index, etc, etc (too many to list)

Is this something that has happened in the past and what do people think about it?

• @Erased-Citizen
    Sounds like a good idea to me 👍

• On this topic, I've had a pretty boring FI week - holding my cash for potential drops this Sunday, stable market, no games and most my players not playing til Sunday - I was gonna ask if anyone plays FIFA, could do an FI tournament. Make it more interesting we could (not sure if this is even possible) say you can only play with players from your portfolio to a certain value, might be a lot of effort but could be a good laugh.

And yeah regulars could meet up in real life too...that too.

• @howsthebacon the real life thing would be great but as for FIFA; I’ve pretty much never played it. In fact I won a PS3 in a raffle years ago and I’ve only ever used it as a blu-ray player 😂

• @Erased-Citizen I wasn't much of a gamer at all until lockdown, got into Call of Duty and FIFA in a big way playing with my mates back home in Gateshead/Newcastle - kept me sane especially as I've been injured and not been able to do any exercise as well.

Anyway, the FIFA idea is there.

As for meeting in real life, they say never meet your heroes - I'd be gutted if Ericali didn't look like Cantona and Black Wolf wasn't a dog.

• @Erased-Citizen its always something ive wondered about but unfortunately for me family circumstances mean i can never be too far from home and i rarely drink for the same reasons but maybe one day down the line it will be a possibility

As for FIFA im shit at it 🤣 play a bit of Call of Duty now and then but usually just with my kids. Im not a fan of social interactions on games

• I play fortnite (maybe shouldn't admit that) but mostly just watch football

• The nearest to meeting up was the Trader Meet organised by FI where they paid for the drinks and finger food. The last one was last year in London's West End. That was a cramped, narrow bar where you couldn't see the front. My 1st Meet was in 2018, at a very nice hotel near Carnaby Street, West End. The Meet was in a meeting room there, then free drinks, finger food in the bar/lounge.

FI has got too big to have these anymore!

• @Erased-Citizen I’d be up for a beer sometime. As long was we don’t talk about Football Index....joke 😜

• Gonna shatter my mental image meeting ppl in the flesh tho. If @Black-Wolf looks anything other than Dumbledore it will be a disappointment. @Ericali might actually be a shy, nervous, little thing sitting in the corner poking his Mojito with a cocktail stick. @MickTurbo, @Baydog and @johnboywalker will be steaming drunk, their hairy bollocks out on plates, calling the waitress over to say they hadn’t ordered onion bhaji’s. It’s like I’m already there....

• I was arranging a meet up at a non league ground a d this covid-19 thing popped up

That said non league football can have fans.

I think we were looking at chesterfield.

• @Valhalla said in Meet up?:

Gonna shatter my mental image meeting ppl in the flesh tho. If @Black-Wolf looks anything other than Dumbledore it will be a disappointment. @Ericali might actually be a shy, nervous, little thing sitting in the corner poking his Mojito with a cocktail stick. @MickTurbo, @Baydog and @johnboywalker will be stinking drunk their balls out on plates, calling the waitress over to say they hadn’t ordered onion bhaji’s. It’s like I’m already there....

Im 36 not 106 🤣

Im a very young looking 36 at that, at least thats how i see myself. Tbf though @Valhalla i have you down as a viking, armour an all 🤣🤣🤣

• @Erased-Citizen said in Meet up?:

This isn’t a Grindr post or an invite to a local gloryhole for NSA...

Stopped reading here
    <Sad face>

I would be up for a meet up but covid makes that an even bigger ballache to organise than it would normally be

• @Millerman Chesterfield would be handy for me seeing as I live there, very decent ground for non-league standard, shame about the standard of the team though

• I'd always be up for a beer but Chesterfield would be a slog for me cos i'm fucking Essex innit.

• I'm 40, slim and a Scorpio, I like long walks in the countryside and leaving my kids in remote locations hoping they won't find their way home

Looking for a strong independent man, no hook ups...

• @Marksandygill you may think your a Scorpio.... 😐

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/horoscopes/12113504/star-signs-nasa-zodiac-wrong/

But there's actually 13 Zodiac signs & the ancient Babylonians decided to leave one out.

I've spent my entire life believing I was a Gemini (predictive text put Genius there then - it must know me better than my horoscope) 😂 only to find out (shock) that I'm a Taurus! 😲

I've only previously been a Taurus man when it's nearing the end of the month & I'm skint.

No wonder it never gets anything right - I've been reading the wrong "prediction" all my life. 🤯

And there's me thinking it was all bullshit.

Wait a minute..... 🤔

• @Jonesy-FI-WH said in Meet up?:

I'd always be up for a beer but Chesterfield would be a slog for me cos i'm fucking Essex innit.

Surprised you know where the North is bruv!

• @Marksandygill said in Meet up?:

I'm 40, slim and a Scorpio, I like long walks in the countryside and leaving my kids in remote locations hoping they won't find their way home

Looking for a strong independent man, no hook ups...

I'm a panic stricken doom merchant who enjoys buying high and selling low. I also like to buy worthless footballers and post vitriol on various forms of social media.

I'm looking for a gambling platform to bail me out for the sixth time when I've once again failed to read the basic rules and/or anticipate obvious changes.

• @Yellow I think you have spoken for the silent majority! 😂