Sell price?

• I can only list players for 1p less than their current buy price. While I'm not complaining at that, how are any lower bid offers ever being matched??

Am I missing something obvious here?

• @Lord-Noel you will find your players will just never sell, unless the player price jumps and you might

• @Deano4dawin I agree, but is it a glitch? I literally don't have the option to list any lower?

• @Lord-Noel you can only offer 1p under the current buy price. Not a glitch, just one of the temporary changes to help stabilise the market while people get their heads around how the current OB system should work.

• @Mintyfresh cheers mate

• @Lord-Noel said in Sell price?:

I can only list players for 1p less than their current buy price. While I'm not complaining at that, how are any lower bid offers ever being matched??

I'm in the same boat. I've decided to quit FI following these changes, but I can't sell.

For example, I bought 10 x Andy Carroll at 21p, but can only offer him at 40p. There is no Instant Sell price available, so I am stuck unless he scores a few goals. If I could offer shares at 25p they would be gone within 24 hours.

Volatile prices made short term trading fun. We can't all make money in the long term as we don't own anything apart from virtual shares. We just own a share of the overall investment pot. Existing investors are just recycling each others money less commission.

The index relies on new investors to inject cash and drive up prices, but the temporary restrictions are deterring new investors. FI is a great idea, but it feels like a pyramid scheme. That is okay whilst it is growing, but all pyramid schemes eventually collapse.

Market stagnation has ruined the fun element. The inevitable long term collapse is a reason for not investing too heavily. The lack of liquidity is a reason for quitting while I can.

• @NewUser620711 there are hundreds of threads on here about the move to order books, and why FI have put a couple of temporary stabilising measures in until the Nasdaq tech goes live. I suggest having a read. Once Nasdaq is live we will have a fully functioning order book and wins/losses will come down to your trading ability.

• @Lord-Noel said in Sell price?:

I can only list players for 1p less than their current buy price. While I'm not complaining at that, how are any lower bid offers ever being matched??

Lower bids are matched using Instant Sell. The quoted Instant Sell price is an average, but if you click on it you might be offered a better price if you are selling a small quantity. It is often 1 or 2p higher than the Instant Sell price, but you sometimes get lucky and achieve 10p or 20p higher. The problem is having to watch your portfolio and keep trying. Much better to be able to place a sensible Sell Offer.

Earlier today the Instant Sell price on Andy Carroll was 19p, but I managed to sell 4 shares at 35p. If I tried to sell more than 4 shares the price dropped to 19p. It is potluck and time consuming.

• @Coleyscrooge

I don't disagree, but I have tried FI and I don't think it is for me long term.

The problem FI seems to be in a transition phase and doesn't seem to know what it wants to be. FI have done a lot of advertising to attract regular punters like me, but want us to behave like investors. In my opinion FI is gambling - not investing.

I joined about 4 months ago and started buying good players, but I didn't want to wait 3 years for a return. I soon realised that the quickest way to make short term profit was to buy cheap goal scorers . It was easier to buy Giroud for 40p, get a the occasional IPD, sell for 60p and then buy back the next day for 40p, than it was to buy Ronaldo for £3 and get a more regular IPD. In the short term, the IPD wouldn't cover the Sell commission.

This created a fun element as I was checking my portfolio and buying/selling players daily. I don't want to buy 100 shares and wait 3 years for a return.

If FI wants to attract regular gamblers it needs volatile prices and ease of buying and selling. Regular bookies recognise this and allow punters to cash out mid bet these days.

If FI wants to be a trading platform where investors rely on their football knowledge and long term trading strategy they need to stop changing the rules and offering temporary promotions that skew the market. In the 4 months that I have been a member, the rules/promotions have changed several times. This has encouraged the short term gambling.

Low cost players aren't going to attract Media or Match Day Rankings, so my strategy was to pick players with a large spread and buy low/sell high. What is the point in listing 3000+ players, if only 100 or so top players are ever traded.

The serious investors might not like the short term gamblers, but FI invited us in and we are just playing the game in the best way that we know. Reasserting itself as an trading platform will encourage the short term gamblers to leave and take their profits with them.

Without regular cash injection, traders are just recycling the same cash (less FI commission). Traders can't all be making a profit. Portfolio value is Sell Value not Buy Value.

• @NewUser620711 said in Sell price?:

@Lord-Noel said in Sell price?:

I'm in the same boat. I've decided to quit FI following these changes, but I can't sell.

For example, I bought 10 x Andy Carroll at 21p, but can only offer him at 40p. There is no Instant Sell price available, so I am stuck unless he scores a few goals. If I could offer shares at 25p they would be gone within 24 hours.

Volatile prices made short term trading fun. We can't all make money in the long term as we don't own anything apart from virtual shares. We just own a share of the overall investment pot. Existing investors are just recycling each others money less commission.

The index relies on new investors to inject cash and drive up prices, but the temporary restrictions are deterring new investors. FI is a great idea, but it feels like a pyramid scheme. That is okay whilst it is growing, but all pyramid schemes eventually collapse.

Market stagnation has ruined the fun element. The inevitable long term collapse is a reason for not investing too heavily. The lack of liquidity is a reason for quitting while I can.

odd that you say if you could offer Carroll for 25p he would be gone.....while saying there's no Sell price on him....which means Nobody has made an offer

• odd that you say if you could offer Carroll for 25p he would be gone.....while saying there's no Sell price on him....which means Nobody has made an offer

People are placing bids all the time, but I can only join a Sell Queue at 40p so they aren't matched. If I sit on my computer for 8 hours a day, I could catch the 25p bid when it comes in and beat others to it, but I have a life outside FI. Using the current system, the low bid isn't matched by the next seller in the queue, it is matched by the seller lucky enough to be checking their portfolio when the bid comes in.

The lack of a realistic Sell Queue makes selling potluck. As I said earlier, I sold 4 shares for 35p each earlier today because I was in the right place at the right time.