Time for pb structure

• Think it could be time for fi to start thinking about tiered pb very seriously. Not sure this in play dividends has been great for the platform, not sure what fi have against it, the platform would grow in the right way, what are your thoughts? It makes sense right??

• Yes please I would like tiered PB very much.

You do have to wonder why FI haven't done it yet, but have been so happy to throw money at this IPD promo and net buys bonus.

• When I first joined I honestly did a double take when I realised that it was literally the top 3 players only that won PB!
    I thought it would have been the top players from each league at least
    Maybe you could have 1 place on bronze days, top 2 on silver and top 3 on gold?

• Would like this to happen also. Don’t see any reason why FI wouldn’t implement this in the near future. Would restore confidence with traders within weeks 👍🏼

• @Rolski said in Time for pb structure:

Think it could be time for fi to start thinking about tiered pb very seriously. Not sure this in play dividends has been great for the platform, not sure what fi have against it, the platform would grow in the right way, what are your thoughts? It makes sense right??

Its because they like the all or nothing big wins. Probably makes in-game prices more volatile which they like.

The problem is they aren't going to increase dividends - they have just doubled it. So do you want the top payouts to drop ? Might be a shame and a bit of an anti-climax

So if they did it .... probably best as part of a dividend rise next year.

• What we've seen today are punters been reluctant to buy players because of the spread they might wake upto on the morning, pb is everything for folks to heavily invest in players, Would bring the whole index up and bring the fi buzz back

• @SDOAFIT yeah mate don't think they will but think they could of done this rather then double the divs, like I said structure is imperative

• @Rolski said in Time for pb structure:

@SDOAFIT yeah mate don't think they will but think they could of done this rather then double the divs, like I said structure is imperative

Yes they could.

Instead of going 8p to 14p, they could have gone 8p, 4p, 2p. Now they are 14p don't think anyone would like it dropping to 8p but at the time it would have been seen as great.

FI prefer to pay 14p though as its a bigger carrot for people to chase and people more likely to buy on a big score. Plus someone falling to 2nd might see sells from people buying thinking they would win. All generates commission.

• Tiered PB sounds great on the surface but when you really think about it it would most likely kill half the market. There would be no reason to buy any player outside of the most consistent ones so we would see Neymar, KDB, TAA, Kimmich take the majority of traders attention and lead to long term holdings with a lot less trading. Tiered PB last season would probably of seen Kimmich returning the highest PB dividends of anyone last season.

I used to love the idea but the more I thought about it the more i realised it would just encourage all traders to just buy and hold a smaller proportion of the market

• @SDOAFIT said in Time for pb structure:

@Rolski said in Time for pb structure:

Think it could be time for fi to start thinking about tiered pb very seriously. Not sure this in play dividends has been great for the platform, not sure what fi have against it, the platform would grow in the right way, what are your thoughts? It makes sense right??

Its because they like the all or nothing big wins. Probably makes in-game prices more volatile which they like.

The problem is they aren't going to increase dividends - they have just doubled it. So do you want the top payouts to drop ? Might be a shame and a bit of an anti-climax

Yes I agree that is what FI want, unfortunately.

This is where I think they are making a rod for their own back. They obviously don't like massive volatility, hence why they put the stabilisers back on last week, yet their actions encourage the volatility. I honestly think tiered PB could be viable given that FI have removed house backed IS and would make for a more stable and credible platform, which would required fewer promotions like 5x IPDs or net buys.

• @Black-Wolf most players can win pb on their day. So even more can get a peice of they action, with price to yield ratio it could be quite rewarding for a lot of players on the index

• @Rolski FI have apparently said they wont be doing tiered PB anytime soon, and I can get why from their POV.

Think TOTM is supposed to be a middle ground, tho I would rather "team of the fortnight", not quite tiered PB, but would be a great start much better than TOTM.
    Even if they split TOTM payments in half and spread it out I would rather than just the single TOTM payment.

They only just introduced TOTM so we have to take it from there.

• @Yellow said in Time for pb structure:

@SDOAFIT said in Time for pb structure:

This is where I think they are making a rod for their own back. They obviously don't like massive volatility, hence why they put the stabilisers back on last week, yet their actions encourage the volatility. I honestly think tiered PB could be viable given that FI have removed house backed IS and would make for a more stable and credible platform, which would required fewer promotions like 5x IPDs or net buys.

They want volatility but player volatility not market volatility.

Player A crashing and Player B rising to take his price is great for Football Index.

The whole market crashing then rocketing then crashing they don't want as the crashes lose them customers they may have spent money on acquiring.

They want a general upward trend so people can show their P and L figures on the time line but within that for players to gain and lose sentiment quickly.

• @Rolski
    they will just increase totm year on year

• @SDOAFIT said in Time for pb structure:

@Yellow said in Time for pb structure:

@SDOAFIT said in Time for pb structure:

They want volatility but player volatility not market volatility.

Player A crashing and Player B rising to take his price is great for Football Index.

The whole market crashing then rocketing then crashing they don't want as the crashes lose them customers they may have spent money on acquiring.

They want a general upward trend so people can show their P and L figures on the time line but within that for players to gain and lose sentiment quickly.

Yes I agree. I think there would still be player volatility within tiered PB, but it would also help stabilise the market as it should help prevent big player sell offs which spiral into mass market sell offs.

The problem I think FI are giving themselves is that they're recruiting instant win gratification gamblers and then asking them to behave in a stock market kind of way. 10p for an IPD sounds great to these guys but I do wonder if that will be the next thing to go pop.

• @Rolski yes but why bother buying the ones that will grab the occasional win when you could just buy those that are always thereabouts and therefore winning nearly every weekend

• Think some of the other guys have said this but I think the TOTM achieves this, the consistent PB performers will be rewarded every month. Traders and FI need a bit of volatility, it would be boring having the same handful of players winning PB all the time. Look how boring the MB only months can be 😴

• @Wynnston said in Time for pb structure:

Think some of the other guys have said this but I think the TOTM achieves this, the consistent PB performers will be rewarded every month. Traders and FI need a bit of volatility, it would be boring having the same handful of players winning PB all the time. Look how boring the MB only months can be 😴

This 👆🏼

• @Black-Wolf said in Time for pb structure:

@Rolski yes but why bother buying the ones that will grab the occasional win when you could just buy those that are always thereabouts and therefore winning nearly every weekend

Something you said just reminded me of people moaning about united bias when in reference to MB.
    Why moan? Just invest in united players who are likely to win it on a regular basis. Always baffled me that, if it’s a dead cert then bet on it, don’t ask for 99% of the competition to be stronger resulting in MB being a raffle.

• I like TOTM it's a nice little bonus like the 2p IPDs, but I wouldn't buy players I didn't already own to get in on it! I don't really get them, either make them worthwhile trading for or get rid of them...

Problem is it can change and 10p can go to 1p pretty quickly! The reward would need to be much higher for me to buy into it, but from FIs point of view they probably wouldn't want to be paying out 20p+ a share on players like Kimmich!