"I'll buy during the next market crash"

• 'It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so'.

To present an alternative view, while many of us expect a market crash in the coming days once the IPD promo has run its course this may not come to fruition like many are expecting.

PB and MB players will once again become the main currency, while you might be able to pick up a 'good goal scorer' as cheap as chips your Kimmich's and KDB's may not become available at any significant discount. In fact, good PB players may see the reverse in that people whom have reserved funds for the 'dips' start competing and the spreads get even tighter.

Not saying there won't be a dip, just consider more than one scenario in your decision making.

Best of luck to all today!

• Surely this scenario leads to even bigger crash for 95% of the market as everyone tries even harder to get out of IPD holds?

• Apart from KDB, Kimmich, Savanier and most goalkeepers, I’m fully expecting most of my port to drop and will be looking for any sort of spike to sell on and rebuy either next week or after international break. Easier said than done though as couldn’t shift anyone yesterday.

However, I don’t see the drops being anything like Brown Sunday.

• @Erased-Citizen I started IS a lot my mediocre IPD holds yesterday as really do think they will bomb.

Thankfully pretty GK heavy and a few big PB holds but I had picked up some dross over August and Sept so just dumped as soon as their game finished yesterday and they had no incoming divs.

• @trig said in "I'll buy during the next market crash":

@Erased-Citizen I started IS a lot my mediocre IPD holds yesterday as really do think they will bomb.

Thankfully pretty GK heavy and a few big PB holds but I had picked up some dross over August and Sept so just dumped as soon as their game finished yesterday and they had no incoming divs.

I looked at IS for a few yesterday but decided against it as the spreads weren’t great but I may have to be more aggressive in my actions today. I haven’t got anyone I’d regard as a bad or even average PB hold but I know the likes of Kane, Sterling, Neymar, Di Maria, Gnabry, etc will all drop a bit.

• Di Maria I own a lot of but just going to have to stick it out as think the will drop below a £1 tonight as after the game he is on a 4 match ban!!!

• @trig said in "I'll buy during the next market crash":

Di Maria I own a lot of but just going to have to stick it out as think the will drop below a £1 tonight as after the game he is on a 4 match ban!!!

Yep which is why I’m going he bags a couple of goals or assists today and I can get out at current price or even on a slight spike with people wanting IPDs.

• @Erased-Citizen yeah could with a big score and divs from him tonight.

• @trig is he playing tonight yeh? Excellent i had prepared myself for the 4 game hold out. Picked up 160 of him 2 weeks ago for 1.20 - 54.40 back in divs so far so i dont mind holding through it anyway but even better if he's open to another 5x divs game and i had ruled out his chances in TOTM as well but if he plays Tonight could definitely challenge for top spot 💪. Was wondering why he was still available for sale to be honest should have researched that better.

• @BlameItOnTraore the ban does not come into effect until the 29th I think........

• When does full OBs come back into play and the 1p cap is removed? Or don’t we know yet?

• @chaps1988 no news on that yet I would expect it to be a month or so to be honest

• This thread title sums up my current stance. Why on earth would i buy someone now at the current stagnant price, when I can wait for order books to come back in and buy at a sizeable discount when people start selling again (As happened at the last crash!).

FI need to figure that out. The bonus helps, but honestly just rip the plaster off and take the hit again. Let people get used to sales orders properly.

• @Leighton The big and brave stance is "lets rip the plaster off" and revert to full order books, I believe there simply isn't enough traders to sustain a range of bids/offers across all players so if they do rip the plaster off we'll have similar outcome to Brown Sunday. I think FI need to tighten the bid side completely to match the offer side and gradually release these zones over time as the user base grows and/or MM's are making a noticeable difference..that would be the safe, prudent approach imo

• tbh I’ll be topping up on ipd holds if there is a drop as expected I can’t see this 5x ipd bonus period been the only time it ever happens I’ve been topping up already when no clean sheet sell offs

• Does anyone think that the recycling of IPDs using instant sell has had any impact on the sentiment on FI? Thought to myself that about 80% looks instant sell but unreality the majority of this is recycling. Not against recycling at all as I have been doing it myself on instant we but it doesn't look great on the ticker.

• @Wiillaah Your theory works if FI are gaining thousands of users per day which just simply would not be happening. Once the 5x IPD promotion is over we're at a fully stagnant market not being able to sell or selling for huge discount.

FI should implement as soon as possible, trading is not stable. Markets go up and down all the time; the longer this handbrake is applied the harder the drop will be when it's released & more people annoyed that the investment they're making under these false market conditions is being wiped out.

• @therock I think IPDs offer unbelievable value. Firstly they have doubled in returns which is a huge difference. But also you only have to look at yesterday. Fullkrug is a textbook IPD player and he goes and sweeps up 16p for top striker.

• @trig ideal, looked it up after you mentioned it and saw articles confirming the same!👌 That's a bonus i wasn't expecting. Hopefully he can post a big one Tonight to sign off on with a couple of goals / assists ideally!

• @Highfields96 I accept your point but I think FI have upped the marketing campaign to target new users over the next few months.. if those months involve order book chaos don't expect new users to sign up and don't expect many current users to stay. It needs to be a slow, ordered transition rather than a sharp, sudden shock... As i thought we already learnt recently.