What do you think/hope NASDAQ will bring and how will it help?

• So I think we are all agreed that we need to wait and see what NASDAQ are going to bring to the party before we can really start to properly move forwards. However what improvements/changes do we think they are going to bring and how will it improve the FI experience. I don't use Order Books elsewhere (my shares are very much of the buy them through an ISA and sit on them for years type). To start us off here's what I'm hoping for:

1. Better monitoring/reporting tools - At the moment, if we only use FI, we can track the Buy Value for a player only. Given that this is pretty much an irrelevant figure this isn't really very helpful. I want to be able to see IS price over time, spread over time, average transaction price over time, dividends won, yields etc. Will NASDAQ give us some/all of these?

2. Better automation - I don't want FI to feel like a second job and I don't want to have to be on here 24/7 hawking for the best IS price or waiting for a player to crash so I can snap him up. I want to be able to set an IS figure for players on my portfolio, so if that figure is reached it automatically sells him, and I don't just want to be able to do that by a set amount but by reference to other things, like his spread (so for example if a players spread narrows or widens to a set % I can sell him).

3. Better market transparency - I want to know who is buying and who is selling and what bids there are in the queue and what sell offers there are. This is an essential to allow the market to function properly so I assume it's a given but you never know.

Not sure what else, like I say I've not used order books elsewhere so any input from more experienced heads will be welcome.

• @GDS This is all new to me to a degree, so Ill try and stick to what I understand.

The main thing im looking farward to is to actually get the train back on the tracks so we can actually start moving past all this for good or bad.

The waiting and the fear that comes from something is always much worse than the thing itself.
    If im going to get shot in the knee cap, Id rather just get it over with now, rather than sit about waiting and wondering if and when lol

• A big market crash, People gonna be shocked at how few offers exist on the market and rush to take the offers available and lots of players with no buy offers. So then we can see the actual value of players and then decide to buy in or not. At the moment sure my portfolio says I'm green and pogba is 4.50 but is he really worth that?

Hopefully we can get much tighter spreads too at the realistic price rather than just some Sell price that is completely unrealistic and a buy price that is just cashing out desperate people.

Or their is loads of offers on the market when introduced people can cash out and then people will start bidding the prices up as they are seein how much money is in front of them in the queue.

• The way it has been built up I expect

1. Bigger investors on board (Hedge funds potentially)

2. Easier to onboard new users with no trading experience

3. More liquidity

4. Adam's Caribbean Island paid off

5. End child hunger

6. Reverse climate change

7. Fix my dodgy knee

• @Dr-Jan-Itor said in What do you think/hope NASDAQ will bring and how will it help?:

The way it has been built up I expect

3. More liquidity

5. End child hunger

7. Fix my dodgy knee

I'd say that out of these number 7 is the most likely

• So, I've never fully understood how this is all working. Are FI changing the way the market work to reflect the NASDAQ or are the people who run the actual NASDAQ coming on board to provide their expertise and software etc to FI?

• @Dr-Jan-Itor I think for big investors there will always be the issue of platform risk, that is in the high unlikely scenario of FI going under people may lose out.
    Traditional bookies with a high level of protection can guarantee your money is ring fenced and will be returned including bets already made. I believe FI are listed as a medium protected bookie so there is some safety, but most peoples balances are in player "shares" which would be hard to value if FI were in trouble.
    Maybe the NASDAQ link will provide some assurances.

• @NewUser565183 said in What do you think/hope NASDAQ will bring and how will it help?:

@Dr-Jan-Itor I think for big investors there will always be the issue of platform risk, that is in the high unlikely scenario of FI going under people may lose out.
    Traditional bookies with a high level of protection can guarantee your money is ring fenced and will be returned including bets already made. I believe FI are listed as a medium protected bookie so there is some safety, but most peoples balances are in player "shares" which would be hard to value if FI were in trouble.
    Maybe the NASDAQ link will provide some assurances.

Good insight thanks! My understanding was using Nasdaq tech was done to provide that validity and assurance to big investors, not sure whether individual or institutional. I know if his last couple of interviews before he was thankfully gagged that Adam was often drawing his reference to big investors rather than a platform designed around your average football fan. I don't see otherwise why we will eventually be moving to their fancy (and no doubt expensive) tech when for your average football fan they probably could have got away with in-house tech.

• @Deano4dawin said in What do you think/hope NASDAQ will bring and how will it help?:

@Dr-Jan-Itor said in What do you think/hope NASDAQ will bring and how will it help?:

The way it has been built up I expect

3. More liquidity

5. End child hunger

7. Fix my dodgy knee

I'd say that out of these number 7 is the most likely

I just went for a run. You get less creaking in a swinging door in an abandoned house on a hill. Nasdaq would have better luck getting this COVID vaccine then fixing that broken mess.

• @howsthebacon said in What do you think/hope NASDAQ will bring and how will it help?:

I've never fully understood how this is all working. Are FI changing the way the market work to reflect the NASDAQ

Basically NASDAQ are providing the underlying IT trading infrastructure (& the associated consultancy to implement & run it properly), onto which FI can drop their platform template, this should bring many benefits amongst which;

Professional, experienced trading IT operator
    Better trading & monitoring tools
    Prevent or at least detect & identify any market manipulation or rule breaking
    Provide sufficient bandwidth to allow traders to access the platform, even at times of high traffic demand (no more platform crashes??)
    A new dynamic IPO trading option, run as a dutch auction, effectively a set number of futures in a new player are sold & auctioned via a dropping price, until 100% are sold & everyone then gets this market clearing price. A much fairer & more transparent process than the previous disgraceful, exploitative shambles.
    I suspect they will also provide the back office/settlement operations but that is still to be clarified.
    Compliance & trading rules should also be brought under their system's control. For example AI could monitor excessive player price or trading volumes & introduce circuit breakers, suspensions or alerts that should help avert market flash crashes as happened a couple of Sundays ago (without the need of 24/7 human supervision).

Overall it will also bring massive credibility to the platform & help grow the business which will benefit everyone involved & as early adopters will mean we should all reap the rewards of higher portfolio values making all the recent turbulence seem a price worth paying. It's a very good if not essential improvement with virtually no downside IMHO.

• @Geronimo159387 I can imagine it's pretty costly for FI to implement so you'd imagine they're doing alright for cash and see this as something that will massively boost the market. Fingers crossed.

Least it's a sign that their is a long term plan for FI whether it works or not we'll have to wait and see.

• @Dr-Jan-Itor FI is taking 2% off the top, 4% maybe with the new system. They want as much money in here moving about as they can get in.
    They are middle manning and not even touching it anymore, just taking a chunk off the top before everyone else gets theirs.
    Other than DIV payouts which is massivly in FI favour when you think about how many players are available, as far as I can see it.

FI have a cash cow, its in their intrest to keep it alive and protect the investment and help it grow.