GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY ⭐️

• One thought every newcomer has when they join FI is- have I missed the boat? They hear about the tens of thousands, sometimes hundreds of thousands made in profit and think, “yeah, but there isn’t the opportunity to make that now.” And there they would be dead wrong. Probably not since they early days of FI has such an opportunity to make big money come along.
    A perfect storm of Covid and order books teething issues have driven prices lower than they have been relative to dividends, probably ever. Has there ever been such jaw dropping value? Many players are remarkably cheaper than before dividends were doubled.
    My day job is property investment, and after the 2008 crash, the amount of value was staggering. I wince as I walk past houses that I viewed back in 2009, and see they have almost doubled now. But at the time, ppl moped around like it was the end of the world, and property would never recover. (The fact there are property cycles roughly every 18 years was beyond them. 😏)They were as pessimistic as they had been pompous, puff chested and over confident just a year before, when property was flying. Everyone was slapping themselves on the back, telling each other what a fantastic job they were doing and how property would never crash again. Ppl had been queuing around the block to buy second rate, over priced property. The problem is ppl are just too over emotional and need the support of others to validate what they are doing. When others buy, they feel reassured and buy also ; they feel emboldened, running with the herd. But when others sell, they feel scared naked and alone and sell! The fact is, the value is there. There is no denying that. Eventually the sheep will move in and start munching on the sweet, dividend rich grass and others will join. And soon the value will be gone. The opportunity will be gone. And the ppl who missed out will go back to moaning how good breaks never come their way.
    In a years time, when most players will have doubled, ppl will be sick to the stomach looking back at some of these prices. Because as IPD’s end, and NASDAQ flattens out the creases and trading returns to normal, one thing will be certain- big money will flood in to fill the value. With average players returning 20-30% in divs alone, this is a rare Golden Opportunity and it won’t last long.

• @Valhalla said in GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY ⭐️:

One thought every newcomer has when they join is- have I missed the boat? They hear about the tens of thousands, sometimes hundreds and think, “yeah, but there isn’t the opportunity to make that now.” And there they would be wrong. Probably not since they early days of FI has such an opportunity to make big money come along.
    A perfect storm of Covid and order books teething issues have driven prices lower than they have been relative to dividends, probably ever. Has there ever been such jaw dropping value? Many players are remarkably cheaper than before dividends were doubled.
    My day job is property investment, and after the 2008 crash, the amount of value was staggering. I wince as I walk past houses that I viewed back in 2009, and see they have almost doubled now. But at the time, ppl moped around like it was the end of the world, property would never recover. (The fact there are property cycles roughly every 18 years was beyond them. 😏)They were as pessimistic as they had been pompous, puff chested and over confident just a year before, when property was flying. Everyone was slapping themselves on the back, telling each other what a fantastic job they were doing and how property would never crash again. Ppl had been queuing around the block to buy second rate, over priced property.
    In a years time, when most players will have doubled, ppl will be sick to the stomach looking back at some these prices. Because as 5 x IPD’s end, NASDAQ flattens our the creases and trading returns to normal, one thing will be certain- big money will flood in to fill the value. With some players returning 20-30% in divs alone. This is a rare Golden Opportunity and it won’t last long.

You forgot to mention there will be plenty of opportunities to win arguments on the internet with anonymous strangers too. That's the main thing!

Other than that, spot on 👍

• @Valhalla

Couldn't agree more mate, well said. 👍

Those of you that no longer enjoy the product or have lost faith in those running the show, I suggest it might be time to pack your bags and leave. The deposit bonus offers an opportunity to exit on more favourable terms.

I understand the frustration. I am in the same boat as you all. We are all treading water at a time when the platform is in a period of transition (during a never ending global pandemic).

So, walk away now with whatever money you still have in the platform. It appears to be causing many of you so much distress and anguish that you really need to ask yourself if it's all worth it. Surely your physical and mental health matters more than some poxy gambling platform.

But rest assured, as the prices drop, I will be investing more money to take advantage of what I perceive to be immense value across the platform.

There are many others around here with a similar mindset to myself.

I'm done with firefighting on the forum. I'll leave the negativity to its own devices. All I ask is that every one of you take a long hard look at yourselves and the messages you post on here.

In 6-12 months time, I am confident that many will look back embarrassed at the way they have conducted themselves.

In the meantime, If you need me, you know where I am. 😉👍

• What a wonderfully positive and optimistic thread... and one with reason in the content. We should have more of these!

• As someone who has been here a few months and doesn't quite know what stability looks like (I've seen the drops of OB introduction and Brown Sunday as well as the jumps from 5x IPDs and market stabilisation post crash), I have to admit I'm at a bit of a crossroads.

You have people who are super optimistic about FI and make some great points, you also have the pessimistic or realists to be kinder, who see the flaws and pose the possible scenario that things won't get better. I tend to gravitate towards the more measure forum users who praise FI but also admit the flaws and accept that like every gambling platform, we don't know what's going to happen (these people do exist they just get overpowered by the big personalities who seem to have nailed their nuts to the mast on either side).

I originally put in around 2k, was up to about 2.3k then down to 1.6k - got back to a point where I have 1.5k in the index and about £600 sat in the balance, not sure what to do at the minute, just holding off and keeping an eye on things. Also it's worth noting that if I hadn't shit myself during Brown Sunday I'd probably be up a lot more right now so I do take responsibility.

As a pretty low level trader (I have a diverse port with around 20-50 shares in players) now the bonus IPD has gone, it is hard to see where the profit will come from but I enjoy FI and like my mate originally told me, it's more fun than an ISA so I'm down for small rises each month. I just feel everything is a bit up in the air atm, the 8% bonus is pushing me towards throwing that £600 in (get what, 50 odd quid bonus) on top of hopefully some more profits along the way.

• @Valhalla quality post

Like john, I am finished with fire fighting. Ppl will do what ppl will do, and those encouraging ppl to get out can have the forum for now. I'm not bothered anymore. I've seen numerous posts recently that I would normally have challenged but fuck it man. If u wanna leave, go. If you wanna scream from the roof tops about it then have at it. Meanwhile I'll be bidding for your shares.

I'll probably only pop up for the matchday thread for the time being

• @Valhalla

I think....I think....errr....I think you just made me erect.

• @Millerman said in GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY ⭐️:

@Valhalla

I think....I think....errr....I think you just made me erect.

😂

• I’m at the point now where I’ve put a bit more back in than I initially intended to, so my confidence in the product is perhaps a little restored and the way I approach the potential for profit is different. I’m going to focus on dividends and see where I end up medium to long term. I needed to lose money on brown Sunday to go through that mental change and am now enjoying the index again. I am, however, holding off on investing any more for now until I see the impact of the stabilisers being taken off order books and the end of the IPD promotion. Things change so much so often that it’s difficult to get completely comfortable with things.

• @Richio I think they know a lot of people are in our position which is why the 8% carrot has been dangled in front of us, I'm just going to top up on my steady players and I get some bonus out of that, then great, if not then at least I didn't just buy for the sake of it.

• @Valhalla

Well said mate 👍. Their is so much opportunity on FI at the moment and so much negativity on the forum. Kind of bored with both as we are becalmed in this intermediate stage.

If traders want to leave then please leave. I play mostly for dividends, the more of you that "shit the bed" the lower the prices that I can buy in at, plus bonuses and promotions will rain down upon us. Traders buying or selling my holds has fuck all impact on my dividends return.

As @johnboywalker and @MickTurbo have both said we have done our fire fighting, it is getting tedious and repetitive. This is a gambling platform, it is a gamble but I still have full confidence that the future returns will be amazing.

For full disclosure I must be sleep deprived, my purchases today are Pogba and Fat Hazard!! Having a @MickTurbo Hot Tub Time Machine kind of day.

• @MickTurbo yes. It’s obvious that ppl are uncomfortable at the moment. Ppl feel a million dollars when markets rise and shitty when they drop. That’s how it’s meant to work! 😄But the constant hand holding by the likes of yourself, Johnnyboy, Black woofer, shippers etc...it’s just gets tiring. Everything has been discussed countless times over. Read back through the threads if you want a recap. But let’s not start another whiny thread. Let’s except the market for where it is for the moment and enjoy the football. Let’s discuss players again and do what we enjoy. The football’s still on! 💪🏻😛

• @howsthebacon yeah, I think that’s wise. If things crash again I may put a little extra in to take advantage, but beyond that I’m just trading with what I’ve got and reinvesting my dividends.

• If ever there was a time to read an opening post with Immigrant Song playing in the background, this is it. BOOOOM!!!
    Let the good times roll (soon...real soon)

• I wish I was starting now and not holding a shit port with players who have just gone downhill ever since I bought lol

• There is enough shit going on elsewhere in life without creating another place for vitriol and anger.

The product isn't perfect, I get frustrated with the terrible communications and the lack of a clear roadmap but I'm here to stay. Last weekend I took £430 dividends, yesterday alone it was £335 and how - well I guessed that a few someone's might score or assist, or just play well. I didn't pay any additional money, it did it on its own with my judgement and it feels bloody marvellous.

I like feeling bloody marvellous.

@Valhalla Bloody marvellous post by the way.

• @Valhalla

'The problem is ppl are just too over emotional and need the support of others to validate what they are doing'

This summarises perfectly the negative sentiment we've been battered with over the months.

• Good post @Valhalla

I've been of the opinion that those who want to leave should leave for quite a while now - we have to "trim the fat" before the platform can go forward again & personally I would have left the OB's in place to do precisely that.

Seems we have just kicked the can down the road & it's a problem the panicked will have to face again when football index take the hand-break off (whenever that may be) & OB's are reintroduced.

As mentioned, the deposit bonus should give an opportunity for some to move to pastures new & those traders that can't handle the heat should probably get out of the kitchen.

• @Valhalla great post well said and I echo your sentiments.

I’d noticed that @johnboywalker and @MickTurbo had stopped trying to be the voice of reason on here and it’s upsetting that they are less engaged due to the handful of negative forum users we still have.

But I agree maybe time to step back on trying to reason with those who are capable of being reasoned with; it’s far to taxing and I’d rather be discussing how to make more cash with the likes of @Baydog @Black-Wolf and even @Ericali .

Those who are confident in the long term future will hopefully prosper those who feel betrayed by a betting company (🤷‍♂️) I hope you get out with what cash you want; and those who are unsure or undecided I hope you make the right decision for yourself.

Until the next game kicks off.......

• @AndydfopT said in GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY ⭐️:

I wish I was starting now and not holding a shit port with players who have just gone downhill ever since I bought lol

I know the feeling as I have a few holds like that and would prefer the cash. Need to make a plan as to when to sell them and acknowledge that some might be at a loss. But if you can put that cash to better use it hopefully won't be a net loss, plus you will feel better about your port.