Ups & Downs - 5th birthday - when will you spend your money?

• Market has 5 players in the green & 141 in the red overnight, does this mean that net spend is down and the 5th birthday incentive is all being saved for period 2?
    Thinking time to spend on PB/MB kings and the odd promising youngster.

Please could you buy the following three youngsters to help me out...

Sarr - will rise but a long term hold approach may be needed to make your money

Zaha (sort of young) - will he go? ditto view as for Sarr

Djenepo - will he break into the scene this year?

Still can’t believe the mighty hornets 🐝 were relegated..

• I am not sure TBH? Undecided between spending now (prices pretty low), sell more and buy in second period or wait for another brown day, this is my preferred option but there’s no Gaurentee it will happen again or when? Decisions decisions...

• I'm definitely going to spend tomorrow as it's pay day but the other problem is that the hand brake is on sales so I can't free up cash on some players unless I take very low IS offers.

• I'll be honest all three of the players you've named are pretty speculative and I probably wouldn't be buying them.

Sarr - Unless he gets a move his price will be trending downwards for at least the next 6 months. Even if he does get a move I'm not sure he'll return much in dividends as his PB scores at Watford weren't great. Long term he'll probably come good but I think his value is nearer £1 than £2.

Zaha - He's 27 so definitely not young. The main man at Palace but his PB scores are pretty poor. Your relying entirely on media speculation for dividends and I think he'll probably stay at Palace for another year as he's priced out of the market. When he does move I don't think it will be to one of the absolute top clubs.

Djenepo - Probably the most promising of the three. Great pace but his PB scores are awful. He's still young so could develop in that regard. Not sure Southampton's current 4-4-2 suits him, he really needs to be playing in a 4-3-3. He'll always get a bit of media as being a winger, African and playing for Southampton there are always going to be comparisons to Mane but I'm not convinced it will be enough to actually win any dividends. Might come good eventually but I wouldn't be jumping on board yet. Even if he does become the next Mane what's his ceiling? Mane is £2.41 at the moment, so maximum chance of doubling your money but there is a lot of risk attached.

Not trying to piss on your chips but just trying to offer some constructive feedback.

In terms of your original question. I won't be putting in on the current bonus and have actually drawn some money out. I may well put it back in for the second wave if I see value there.

• @Happy-Hornet
    144 in the red, 5 in the green overnight - Really hard to pick a winner over the past 48 hours.

• @Happy-Hornet said in Ups & Downs - 5th birthday - when will you spend your money?:

Thinking time to spend on PB/MB kings

That's clearly the sensible approach; FI have just DOUBLED dividends so buying proven dividend earners is a great call. An added bonus is that many of them can currently be bought at prices that represent 12/24 month lows. An example being Neymar who can be bought around £8, with inbuilt 8.25% cashback, & returned £2 in dividends last season under the lower payouts, chances are that he could return £3+ a year under the new schedule, now that looks like great value to me.

I do not underestimate the impact that CV has had not just on FI but on the wider economy & ppl's available disposable income but unless you believe that FI &/or football are doomed forever then now represents a fantastic buying opportunity for anyone fortunate enough to have available funds. Ignore short term price fluctuation & consider the long term value.

For transparency I've just thrown my balance into Neymar at £8.15, more than doubling my holding since Brown Sunday, making him my 2nd largest hold after Bruno.

• I'm spreading my dividends around to bring overall price down on players. All low level.

Sirigu 20p Can the guy keep 10 clean sheets over the next 3 seasons.....I think so. Without a single match-day PB win as top keeper thats still 100% return. He has played over 100 games in the last 3 years.

Caliguri 19p Okay....he has just turned 32.....but 2 goals and 7 assists over the next couple of seasons covers him. He has 1G 1A this season. A little gamble in this one.

LLoris 35p Can Spurs manage 18 clean sheets. Worry is he moves on, but as France keeper he should have Euro's and Spurs have Europa League too.

Consigli 16p for a keeper who is 1st choice and has played over 100 games in the last 3 seasons. 8 clean sheets in him ?

• @Munchie63 am I missing something, but after the 30 day IPD window, does keeping a clean sheet pay anything? They might still be good buys, but not convinced the clean sheet divs will amount to as much as that.

• @Mintyfresh said in Ups & Downs - 5th birthday - when will you spend your money?:

@Munchie63 am I missing something, but after the 30 day IPD window, does keeping a clean sheet pay anything? They might still be good buys, but not convinced the clean sheet divs will amount to as much as that.

You're spot on. But there's still the option to refresh by selling and buying in the CS spikes, which I hope still happen, even with 2p involved....a bit of movement helps, and 6 CS over 3 years is very achievable.....many of them have kept 8-10 in one season.

It's all a punt,

But, the extra match day PB for top keeper should balance a bit of that out

• @Munchie63 fair enough, makes sense.

• I won’t be spending a penny, if I was to buy anyone they will quickly fall in price so pointless at the moment

• IDP promo has ended so people have sold their IDP-heavy holds, leaving them at a net loss for the current deposit bonus period. So they're waiting for the next deposit bonus period to buy back back in when their net figure is reset to zero. Plus we're on the eve of an international break with all the uncertainty that will bring, so think people are (sensibly) waiting until the restart of club football in a couple of weeks time.

Personally think there is a significant amount of money/people sitting on their hands waiting for positivity and stability. I'm expecting positive sentiment to slowly return once Champions League group stages are in full swing - lots of football, lots of match days, lots of dividends.

• @Rocky-Raccoon so based on your theory, a good time to buy could be right at the end of phase 1 of the bonus. Prices will have dropped further and you can fill your boots whilst picking up the 8%. The people who were waiting for phase 2 to buy will then start coming in on 16/10 and prices should shoot back up a bit (theoretically).

• @howsthebacon said in Ups & Downs - 5th birthday - when will you spend your money?:

@Rocky-Raccoon so based on your theory, a good time to buy could be right at the end of phase 1 of the bonus. Prices will have dropped further and you can fill your boots whilst picking up the 8%. The people who were waiting for phase 2 to buy will then start coming in on 16/10 and prices should shoot back up a bit (theoretically).

I wouldn't say its a good time to buy in general, individual player circumstances need to be accounted for as well and are always the most important consideration.

In terms of the general market, I'd predict a continued slump up until the return of club football, then a general uptick alongside the new deposit bonus period.