Daniel James

• With his move away from Man U in doubt now could he be a real bargain at less than £1 per share as a possible pick up? Young PL players are all expensive but James seems cheap and could easily get a starting place at a PL team. Could see some media payouts regardless. I don't currently hold, looking for advice please.

• @Deano4dawin said in Daniel James:

With his move away from Man U in doubt now could he be a real bargain at less than £1 per share as a possible pick up? Young PL players are all expensive but James seems cheap and could easily get a starting place at a PL team. Could see some media payouts regardless. I don't currently hold, looking for advice please.

It's a tough call because Man Utd have a long history of young kids who were promised big things but ended up long forgotten.

And I guess it depends how you see this Sancho thing working out. If Sancho doesn't move this week, will James gain some FI interest?

• He's my worst every FI buy. Bought him at his absolute peak. Finally gave in and cashed out during my recent portfolio reshuffle. Think I lost about £1.50 per share. For that reason alone I hope his career goes no where!

• @GDS just picked up a few at 91p, got to be worth a punt at that price. Going to try for 100 shares at 91p if anyone selling

• @GDS said in Daniel James:

He's my worst every FI buy. Bought him at his absolute peak. Finally gave in and cashed out during my recent portfolio reshuffle. Think I lost about £1.50 per share. For that reason alone I hope his career goes no where!

Don’t worry he’s Oles worst buy too.
    How he was a starter this new season is beyond me. Just shows Ole is not the man for the job. Totally clueless.

• He was probably my best buy on FI (after Bruno at £2), getting him on IPO for 60p just after his wonder goal for Swansea - after his move to Man Utd and initial showing he rose to about £2.30ish - after seeing his decline I got out at £1.90 so feel quite happy now.

There is definitely a good player there, just don't think he is suited to playing under Ole.

• Have no idea why, but I believe in the lad. Have 300 at £1.02. For me, he is the only natural winger in the United squad. Something else to note, is that he is constantly played out of his best position on the left wing. At Leeds, if he plays in his favoured position, you will see a completely different player. With the Current, under £1 bids being accepted, he is definitely worth a punt 👍🏼

• Is the Leeds move nailed on?

He seems like the sort of player Newcastle will pick up in a few years time once he has wasted his career on the bench at United.

• @King-Fergus said in Daniel James:

@GDS said in Daniel James:

He's my worst every FI buy. Bought him at his absolute peak. Finally gave in and cashed out during my recent portfolio reshuffle. Think I lost about £1.50 per share. For that reason alone I hope his career goes no where!

How he was a starter this new season is beyond me. Just shows Ole is not the man for the job. Totally clueless.

Completely disagree. There is something about James which is almost unique in his playing style. With his great speed and a bit more of a disciplined approach to his passing, he may surprise you one day. People forget that Ryan Giggs (my favourite player of all time at United) didn’t show great promise at the start of his career.

When it comes to Ole, I don’t think changing managers right now is the best course of action. Yes, I believe Poch would be better, but right now I don’t feel any Mananger would improve the team..only a ‘Portuguese magnifico’ was able to do that. 😉

• @Sol said in Daniel James:

@King-Fergus said in Daniel James:

@GDS said in Daniel James:

Completely disagree. There is something about James which is almost unique in his playing style. With his great speed and a bit more of a disciplined approach to his passing, he may surprise you one day. People forget that Ryan Giggs (my favourite player of all time at United) didn’t show great promise at the start of his career.

When it comes to Ole, I don’t think changing managers right now is the best course of action. Yes, I believe Poch would be better, but right now I don’t feel any Mananger would improve the team..only a ‘Portuguese magnifico’ was able to do that. 😉

Did you just compare Ryan Giggs to Daniel James 😂
    Only thing similar is the pace.
    Daniel James just runs and hits crosses into the first defender with no threat of assisting or scoring. No way a united player in my eyes.

Re Ole - we are supposedly the biggest club in the prem with a manager that the other top 12 teams would go no where near. Granted he’s a great and one of our own but let’s not get too blinded by that.
    We will have good games as we’ve got some world class players but not being able to control a game against Palace and Brighton says it all. We have no philosophy in the way we play.

• Daniel James is a total bust ..his downward trajectory is only rivalled by his teammate pogba ..he is coming up to 23 but other then a flukey couple of goals in a brutally inept united side last year ,he has done nothing.
    It’s obvious olly wants to discard him as he ain’t never been at the level of what united need.
    He be lucky to have a Matt Richie type career at this rate .Their ain’t a player at united in the short term worth looking at .... rashford overrated , Bruno over priced , and the team in general overhyped .

• His only going to Leeds on loan, I'm thinking of going all in with James. Great news if he goes, first team football and back to Man U next year a better player and a pretty safe bet at 90 odd pence a share.

• He has the potential to be an excellent player in my opinion just because of his pace, but unfortunately he doesn't have much else in his game right now. I'd almost utilise him like Wolves do with Traore. Just get the ball run down the line and cross it. Traore is obviously a lot stronger and technically he's improved a lot in recent years, but James (especially against a high line) could be devastating if used correctly. Playing him against Crystal Palace who sit in a low block was an awful call by Ole. He would suit a Leeds or a lower division team who like to play on the counter attack, but not a top 6 team right now.

• Ole's problem is that he doesn't know what style of football he want's to play, and he wouldn't know how to implement it if he did!

Imagine Klopp working with Rashford, Greenwood, Martial, Bruno, VDB and Pogba!

Anyway, as a Liverpool supporter I fully support Ole...:)

• James going to Leeds? Can't see him taking over Harrisons spot looks a talent. Suppose could be swapped with Costa

• @BMCG said in Daniel James:

Daniel James is a total bust ..his downward trajectory is only rivalled by his teammate pogba ..he is coming up to 23 but other then a flukey couple of goals in a brutally inept united side last year ,he has done nothing.
    It’s obvious olly wants to discard him as he ain’t never been at the level of what united need.
    He be lucky to have a Matt Richie type career at this rate .Their ain’t a player at united in the short term worth looking at .... rashford overrated , Bruno over priced , and the team in general overhyped .

Not a Manchester United fan then? 😂

• @Sol
    No im not to be honest, still at right price id take bruno or greenwood at a push martial, the current motley crew of no interest, but say telles signs I would get involved as unlike shaw or awb or the welsh williams he can actually do what a proper full back is meant to do like the pools full backs or inters or milan ie attack and contribute up the pitch with accurate crossing and proper movement