Happy Tuesday All.....

• I feel a little dirty....

I just for the first time looked at this:
    be097c2a-b9a9-46ed-8533-32e96e385701-image.png
    The time has come I think for myself to click the button for at least a week - I know how much I shit myself through Brown Sunday and the platform (for my trading style) just doesn't seem to be working.

I don't want to panic sell everything, as I truly believe that the platform will be a different place in 6 months time, but I also feel for me that the time has come to 'force' myself to stop looking and worrying.

Anyone else been at this point? Did you time out? How did you manage yourself to just stop looking?

I don't want to add to the negativity, I just want to know from experiences from people who were maybe where I am now?

Maybe i'm not on my own here? Or maybe I am?

• @Millerman definitely not on your own. Im finding that the way this platform works, the way players are valued, the way the market moves, people react, et al. has changed so much that if I don't do this I am liable to panic sell any second of any hour in any day. Like you, I do have some faith remaining, but some perspective is required. Time to hibernate.

• @Millerman

I think it's madness... but ScoutSte swears by it and he uses it frequently.

Have you at least set up some acceptable offers?

IE, offers that you'd be over the moon with if you got the money for them?

I ask because it's transfer week, the minute you give away control, sods law dictates that one of your shittest holds will get linked to Man Utd for 3 days, he'll spike to the point where you'd be over the moon with, but then crash when Ed Woodward offers Phil Jones and a bag of sand for the player.

• I would find time out to be more anxiety inducing than constantly checking the index but that's just me.

• I get stressed enough when I'm on holiday and can't do anything, so I'm not going for time out just in case I do need to do something.

But yeah I know what you're feeling. My trading style is utterly redundant now; I'm derisking massively, save for my PB players, by putting a sell price at 94% of pre-order books, and hoping to catch any PB spikes. I'm just going to play with my profit. Already I've managed to sell 15% of my portfolio this way. As I'm not in a desperate need of the cash, it means I shouldn't make any rash decisions and the selling will take care of itself.

• @kristiang85

Simple solution... don't go on holiday and put the money you would have spent into one of my holds!

• @Millerman

The time out option can serve as a useful tool on traditional gambling platforms and I wholeheartedly support the use of this function as a means of regaining control in this instance.

For example, on Bet365, if you 'time out', you prevent yourself from placing a bet in the future. You remove the possibility of future losses.

But the Football Index is not a traditional gambling platform.

Your money is already invested. The risk has already been taken.

On the Index, if you time out, essentially you remove your ability to take urgent action if necessary.

You are willingly giving up control.

I'd rather you came to the forum and discussed any action you are considering before taking the plunge.

There are many here that willingly offer advice with no strings attached. 👍

• @johnboywalker said in Happy Tuesday All.....:

@Millerman

The time out option can serve as a useful tool on traditional gambling platforms and I wholeheartedly support the use of this function as a means of regaining control in this instance.

For example, on Bet365, if you 'time out', you prevent yourself from placing a bet in the future. You remove the possibility of future losses.

But the Football Index is not a traditional gambling platform.

Your money is already invested. The risk has already been taken.

On the Index, if you time out, essentially you remove your ability to take urgent action if necessary.

You are willingly giving up control.

I'd rather you came to the forum and discussed any action you are considering before taking the plunge.

There are many here that willingly offer advice with no strings attached. 👍

I get your point and i think there is a good discussion from both sides of the coin, of course you can't react but had many had this in place on that Sunday thinking shittttttt, then looking only 24 hours later, watching it slowly recover over time and think to themselves what was the fuss about, nothing lost, nothing gained other than valuable experience 😁. People will impusly buy sometimes too, sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. I have a mate who regularly does timeout and at times he admits hes benefitted from it, other times wishes he hadn't as he's missed out on someone he wanted to buy. It also probs allows you to breath for a second, FI can take a lot of our time up. Saying all this mind, I'll never do it myself 🤣🤣 but can see the benefits of why people do it.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Happy Tuesday All.....:

when Ed Woodward offers Phil Jones and a bag of sand

Two bags of sand then 😂

• @Shippers

A good few months back, whilst in Russia on a mission 🤣🤔 ... I got the news that Marco Asensio had suffered another long term injury.

I wasn't able to react. I felt absolutely powerless.

I had to accept the situation for what it was and wait another 5 months til he was back playing again.

Each to their own, and I can understand why some folks would choose the time out option, but i would never willingly give up my ability to react, to both positive or negative change.

I'm just trying to highlight the difference between using 'time out' on a traditional gambling platform in comparison to the Football Index. 👍

• @johnboywalker said in Happy Tuesday All.....:

@Shippers

A good few months back, whilst in Russia on a mission 🤣🤔 ...

😳😳 no questions asked........ 😅😆

I got the news that Marco Asensio had suffered another long term injury.

I wasn't able to react. I felt absolutely powerless.

I had to accept the situation for what it was and wait another 5 months til he was back playing again.

Each to their own, and I can understand why some folks would choose the time out option, but i would never willingly give up my ability to react, to both positive or negative change.

I'm just trying to highlight the difference between using 'time out' on a traditional gambling platform in comparison to the Football Index. 👍

You make solid points bud 100% and tbf (as the product is right now) even more so as a player moving to a non PB league is a right game changer, the offer whatever it might be won't be there for long so we need to act quickly, so another reason to add to that side of the coin. I suppose what I'm trying to say there is positives and negatives to both but if you're heads not in the game right now and you think you'll make a rash decision, i can see the benefits of "timing out" but as i said I'll never use it myself 😅.

• @Millerman I havent set myself on timeout, however I have been ignoring my port for the past while other than topping up.

Sucks watching all my profit just vanish.......... however Ill be damned if I quick sell my port and cash out in panic as I know IF I did that in 6 months time id prob be looking back and kicking myself.

Ive almost wrote the money off in my mind at this point. Im just trying to ignore the day to day and trying to remmeber this is a longterm 3 year bet, could be a very diffrent world on FI in a few months, this aint going to last forever, we all hope lol

Lets be real the futures fucked anyway and we will all be getting taxed to death to pay for Covid for the next 30+ years, so might as well just risk the money on here while it still has a worth, might end up rich.

• Thanks for your comments peeps - decided I'm going to try at first to just not look at my port until this Sunday evening.

No forum, no sneaky looks, no nothing....If I can't do that then I will hit the button and take a couple of weeks out. My last purchases for 30 day flips were made a week ago - so this length of time will cover them and have me back in time for the final matches and hopefully inplay flogging of them.

Have fun peeps and hopefully it wont be too bad at the weekend.

p.s. I have done what was suggested in terms of sales in peaks - so I have put my full port up for sale with 50p a share increase in them all - I very much doubt anything will go up that much, but if it does Id be happy to take the profit.

Take care all.