Adapting

• How do you sell and adapt without taking a huge loss? So every time football index bring in something new or change something you sell and adapt taking huge losses every time?

• You stop buying shit players

• @NewUser332703 adapt quickly but rationally and always try to be in position to adapt by holding players that have value under pinned by dividends that way there will always be demand for your players from someone when you do decide to restructure

• @NewUser332703 I'm trying to keep a varied portfolio so any future changes shouldn't impact all of my holds. I'm also trying to buy a core of solid dividend earners so at least I should still see some income if there are any more drops.

How to avoid taking a loss is a tough one, depends on the player but you may be able to wait for them to spike on a match day. Or if you no longer have faith in the hold you may have to take the hit and use the funds to restructure, it is not always obvious what to do though.

• So over this weekend I have taken up an idea of buying really cheap players in the 20p - 30p market that have got scored or assisted etc.........

I had a balance of about £500 before the 25th Sept.

So for example I have bought some getafe defender tonight for 24p he has an assist for 10p........... yes he will drop.

But I have got 8.5% for buying, 10p for an assist and will reinvest that 10p thus giving me another 8.5%........

So in the next 3 years if I can sell for 24p again it is all clear profit, or am I fucking this up completely.

ps: for clarity I bought 200 shares

• @trig said in Adapting:

So over this weekend I have taken up an idea of buying really cheap players in the 20p - 30p market that have got scored or assisted etc.........

I had a balance of about £500 before the 25th Sept.

So for example I have bought some getafe defender tonight for 24p he has an assist for 10p........... yes he will drop.

But I have got 8.5% for buying, 10p for an assist and will reinvest that 10p thus giving me another 8.5%........

So in the next 3 years if I can sell for 24p again it is all clear profit, or am I fucking this up completely.

ps: for clarity I bought 200 shares

When's the IPD bonus end? I thought it was yesterday?

• @trig you're basically taking FIs money now in divs and the net buys (as well as reinvesting that for more divs etc) and hedging your bets that the player will be worth what you paid in the next 3 years at some point!

I started doing something similar last night, just a pity the IPD promo is ending tomorrow!!😆

• @Dan-The-Man last night tomorrow!

• @Marksandygill yeah 100% but its such low value as in players around the 20p to 30p mark that realistically if I dont get the money back I'll not be overly concerned.

However at some point they bound to hit the 25p mid way mark in the next 3 years.

• Definitely adapting... I have now got into the habit of selling a proportion of my hold on a spike in the knowledge that I can buy back again... I have set sell offers for most of my port at a price I am happy to take. For example I had 300 Juan Camilio Hernandez at 75p. I set a sell offer for 200 of those at 90p and they sold this evening without me having to be logged in or anything... Buy, set sell offer, rinse repeat. Even my long holds I have set various sell offers so if they spike I can take some profit and then re-invest it back in when they drop off again.... I was always a buy and sit guy and I will still play that way but there are more efficient ways to make money without having to be tuned in too much by setting sell offers for proportions of your holds and taking profit when it arises

• @Baydog I should have taken the sell price on David Silva tonight, I have a buy price of around 70p and the IS hit that tonight and when you went in could have sold some around 74p but got greedy and was holding out for a goal or an assist.

If i had sold I would have kept the cash till the 15th October and reinvested for the next 8.5%

• It's been time consuming but I've got out of some bad bets by selling at small losses and only selling at a bigger loss if I make a good flip and profit elsewhere thus slowly balancing things out and getting a better port going.

I was lucky to pick Kimmich up on the cheap on Brown Sunday and just today bought Aubameyang at 1.65. He's just signed a 3 year deal so despite his age fancy him to get some good returns. Also fancy Aguilar to get a good cap app given recent PB scores. There's some good buys around under £1

I've still got a few shite holds but hoping a few of them could have a peak in the next few months so will put a sell order on and see what happens

• @trig yeah @Marksandygill had a similar idea yesterday - makes sense.

• @NewUser332703

I used the 5 x IPD promo to realign my portfolio. Yes I made losses on some of the players I sold, but frankly they were bad buys anyway. I then bought PB players, who also happened to have a good chance of winning IPD. The IPD dividends pretty much covered off my losses from selling the players I wanted rid of.

I appreciate this advice isn't massively helpful now the 5 x IPD bonus has ended, but there's another promo on at the moment. Conveniently it's in two stages, so if you sell in the first stage and buy back in the second you'll get the bonus on your buys, which should help with any losses.

• @GDS good few teams playing tomorrow night that are involved in europe............

and x 5 IPD runs till tomorrow night.

• Anyone I have sold this week I have immediately reinvested thus equalling the net buy.

Thus when they bring IPD etc and that gets reinvested it should return a decent amount on the deposit bonus.

• @trig

Yeah, but realistically I wouldn't recommend trying to do it based on one night. I had a month of 5 x IPD's which meant I had multiple chances to win.

• Also I'd note that there are a lot of sales going through as the 5xIPD promotion has ended but in time there will be another promotion so similar players could be in demand again. I think if a player scores goals and gets decent PB scores they will definitely rise again if they have just recently dropped.

Maybe look at players who are off form, haven't done bugger all for a few weeks, but you're confident they'll rise again

• @GDS totally agree and I have made some good buys and some awful buys that I will take a hit on.

However I'm now talking from the 25th when the net deposit is also in play.

• @GDS said in Adapting:

@NewUser332703

Conveniently it's in two stages, so if you sell in the first stage and buy back in the second you'll get the bonus on your buys, which should help with any losses.

I am considering exactly this, not actually depositing further but selling more of my port then buying big in the second stage but I'll see if I have enough exit points. I've actually freed up nearly 25% of it already although mainly sat in bids.